1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Trail Grap vs Toyo MT?

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by Rngr188, Jun 6, 2018.

1. Jun 6, 2018 at 3:08 PM
    Rngr188

Rngr188 [OP] Ranked the best new member of all time

Member:
    First Name:
    Chad
    Harrison AR
    Vehicle:
    2020 1794 MGM TRD OR
    I know they're the same company and very similar but in a 275/70/r18 which could I expect the best performance out of, assuming proper psi and rotation schedule? We get some winter here and I know these aren't the best for ice but I don't think what little we get should be a factor. It seems the Trail has better siping across the lungs, would that be a plus for them? My truck is a weekend driver as I have a company car. We do some Ozark Mountain gravel/dirt roads with some sharp rocks poking up that can gouge a tread. I hear good tread life from both, my buddy had the Trails on a 2500 Cummins that he replaced at 70k and loved them. Is there an advantage of one over the other? I priced locally and the Trail comes in about $18 cheaper per tire over the OC MT.

2. Jun 7, 2018 at 4:32 AM
    parker44

parker44 New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2008 Tundra - Desert Sand Mica
    You are going to get more of personal preferences on this, as people will swear by both of them. I don't think you will be upset with either tire. I personally like the looks of the trail grapplers a little better, so that's what I would probably go with. As far as performance goes, I don't think there is going to be much difference with what you get.

3. Jun 7, 2018 at 5:06 AM
    Rngr188

Rngr188 [OP] Ranked the best new member of all time

Member:
    First Name:
    Chad
    Harrison AR
    Vehicle:
    2020 1794 MGM TRD OR
    Kind of what I've gathered after doing some research but was curious if anyone here has ran both and could share their experience with each.

Products Discussed in

To Top