1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

TPMS Sensor in spare?

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by Conspiro-Agnew, Apr 20, 2017.

1. Apr 20, 2017 at 9:55 PM
    Conspiro-Agnew

Conspiro-Agnew [OP] New Member

Member:
    JBER, AK
    Vehicle:
    2017 Quicksand SR5 TRD Off Road Tundra
    Sorry if this is remedial, but is there a TPMS sensor in the stock spare tire? I replaced my alloy wheels with some new ones, and the tires with 295/70/18's. However, my spare is still the stock one that looks to be steel. When the tire place swapped out my wheels/tires, they used the TPMS sensors that came with the stock wheels.

I've got a fifth rim I'd like to put another 295/70/18 on, but if the stock spare does have a TPMS sensor, and as I understand it, I would not be able to use that sensor on an alloy wheel. So, I'm wondering if there is a 5th TPMS sensor in there or not, and if so, I'm guessing I'm going to have to get a different sensor and have the dealership program it?

Again, sorry if this is all remedial, but I do appreciate the help.

2. Apr 21, 2017 at 9:30 AM
    Vector W8

Vector W8 New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2015 Platinum Super White Crewmax 4X4
    FFV, TRD Supercharger, Unichip, 2014 Fit Kit, TRD Dual Exhaust, Sequoia Front Sway Bar, TRD Rear Sway Bar, TRD Skid Plate, TRD Pro Grill, 040 White Mirror Covers, 040 White Door Handles, Ready Lift 3"/2", Anzo 3rd Brake Light, Winjet LED Tail Lights, LED Fog Lights, LED Rock Lights, Axle Vent Mod, SDHQ Hidden Winch Mount, 12,000lb Winch. Storm Trooper Shift Knob. BMF BATL Wheels.
    There is not one in the stock spare, but when I upgraded to my new wheels and tires I purchased a 5th wheel and tire to match and did put a TPMS sensor in it. The dealer activated the code for it in the truck.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

RowdyRon and Conspiro-Agnew like this.
  3. Apr 21, 2017 at 11:38 AM
    Conspiro-Agnew

Conspiro-Agnew [OP] New Member

Member:
    JBER, AK
    Vehicle:
    2017 Quicksand SR5 TRD Off Road Tundra
    Sweet, thanks!

To Top