1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

TPMS Help

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by Double C, Sep 23, 2017.

1. Sep 23, 2017 at 2:27 PM
    Double C

Double C [OP] New Member

Member:
    Michigan
    Vehicle:
    2016 Regular Cab SR
    5" Zones Suspension Lift 20 x 9 Fuel Beast 35 x12.5 Nitto Trail Grapplers Truxedo Tonneau Cover Drivers Side Grab Handle
    i just bought a 2016 SR Regular Cab. I installed a lift on it and have some Fuel Beast 20 x 9 rims with 35 x 12.5 Nitto Trail Grappler M/T's. With the lift I can no longer run my stock wheels and tires due to back spacing. I removed the spare tire and now I have a TPMS light flashing. Tried to reset it by turning the truck on and holding the TPMS reset button. However, it never really flashed slow 3 times as expected and go off? Any help is appreciated, I guess I'm asking can I clear it without a spare mounted in the truck?

2. Sep 23, 2017 at 4:46 PM
    Double C

Double C [OP] New Member

Member:
    Michigan
    Vehicle:
    2016 Regular Cab SR
    5" Zones Suspension Lift 20 x 9 Fuel Beast 35 x12.5 Nitto Trail Grapplers Truxedo Tonneau Cover Drivers Side Grab Handle
    Oh boy I sold all 5 original tires and rims...

3. Sep 23, 2017 at 6:05 PM
    landphil

landphil Fish are food, not friends!

Member:
    First Name:
    Phil
    BC, Canada
    Vehicle:
    ‘08 TRD doublecab
    Did you have new sensors installed in your new wheels, and their ID codes programmed into the truck?

I don't think your spare tire had anything to do with it, your truck should be a four sensor system. Were you parking near the stock wheels / tires up until you removed the spare and sold them all?

joonbug likes this.
  4. Sep 23, 2017 at 6:13 PM
    Dabutcher

Dabutcher New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    D
    Twin Cities
    Vehicle:
    2008 Nautical Blue Tundra SR5 CM 4x4 Beauty
    Toytec Boss coilover, Ray10’s ,Ridge Grapplers,Bilstein 5100,BAM 8”,TRD sway,
    Speaking of sensors. Dash TPMS light has been on since I bought truck. Previous owner said one was bad. How do I know which one to replace? Thanks. D

5. Sep 23, 2017 at 7:09 PM
    landphil

landphil Fish are food, not friends!

Member:
    First Name:
    Phil
    BC, Canada
    Vehicle:
    ‘08 TRD doublecab
    Any decent tire shop will have a tool that will activate and read the sensor signal from outside the tire. Any that don't respond and transmit are faulty.

6. Sep 23, 2017 at 7:15 PM
    Pudge

Pudge Super Secret Elite Member #7

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    CT
    Vehicle:
    2015 Blue Ribbon Platinum
    TRD PRO grille, OCD consol organizers, DIY wireless phone charger, 33" Michelin Defender LTX MS, Bak revolver X2 tonneau, weathertech liners, 20% tints. DIY pop n lock, 2018 LED headlights, morimoto fogs, TRD shift knob, DirtyDeeds 8"BAM exhaust, kenwood HU,JL amp, Tech12volts Tundra full speaker upgrade w/sub, Swing case, and lots of fluid film
    If you have one sensor I'm sure a tech can clear the code, like others mentioned...do you have new sensors in New wheels?

For others with this issue, I recall guys on tacomaworld, making 3" ABS or PVC tube, with one glued end cap and one threaded end cap, and a hole drilled for a tire fill valve to be installed into the pipe, then they'd put all the sensors in the pipe, close it up, pump the pressure up to 30 or 40 PSI and store it somewhere in the truck. Bam, tpms light goes off. Cool idea.

download (1).jpg

NewImprovedRon and ColoradoTJ like this.
  7. Sep 25, 2017 at 6:58 PM
    Double C

Double C [OP] New Member

Member:
    Michigan
    Vehicle:
    2016 Regular Cab SR
    Thanks for the response, I have new sensors installed, I will try the tire shop and see if they can help me out. Should I have gotten the codes given to me from Rimzone when I bought them?

Products Discussed in

To Top