1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

TPMS DIY?

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by dspilot, Feb 26, 2020.

1. Feb 26, 2020 at 4:58 AM
    dspilot

dspilot [OP] Professional Nomad

Member:
    North Mississippi
    Vehicle:
    2019 SR5 4X4 Silver Sky Metallic
    Just pulled the trigger on new wheels. Icon Rebounds (titanium finish) from @sdhq_offroad. I'm upgrading from Toyota Steelies so, by my understanding, I'll need new/different TPMS sensors. That being the case, I'll buy the OEM ones from one of our vendors on here. My questions is as follows.....Since the wheels will be sitting in my garage for a couple of weeks, is it possible for me to install the sensors myself? Any special tools or processes needed? Seems like it would be pretty straightforward. I just couldn't find anything on here about doing it myself. Would to be easier to just have the tire shop do it whenever they mount and balance my new setup?

Image 2-26-20 at 12.56 PM.jpg

2. Feb 26, 2020 at 5:07 AM
    Zebruaj

Zebruaj New Member

Member:
    MN
    Vehicle:
    08 CM SR5
    The sensors just screw on with the cap. Make sure you have a fresh O ring. With that said tho, just let the shop do it all. I'm sure they'd rather do it all themselves vs messing with what you did prior to coming in. Also if they mess up, its on them.

dspilot[OP] likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top