1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Toyota Tundra 2019 Defrost Overheats

Discussion in '2.5 Gen Tundras (2014-2021)' started by catroy7772, Mar 25, 2020.

1. Mar 25, 2020 at 4:53 PM
    catroy7772

catroy7772 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Catherine
    Vehicle:
    2019 Toyota Tundra
    I purchased a 2019 Toyota Tundra. A few weeks ago I turned on the defroster in my Tundra for about 3 min. When I was sitting inside the truck I notice a red point on the windshield and suddenly white smoke began to come out of the red point. Before I knew it, a line of smoke was coming out by the windshield. From the original start of the red/fire point my windshield began to crack.
    I took my tundra to the local Toyota dealership, where I purchased it, I am highly disappointed in Toyota Customer Service. The Service Manager stated that they tested the defroster for 5 minutes and found nothing wrong with it. Consequently, the service manager stated that the windshield crack is an outside crack/line and is not the cause of a defroster overheating.

2. Mar 26, 2020 at 3:12 AM
    Maadcaap

Maadcaap White Tundys

Member:
    Rancho Cucamonga, Ca.
    Vehicle:
    2019 Trd Pro
    275/70/18 KO2
    Defroster, or wiper de-icer? Can you repeat the smoke for the dealership? Definitely a warranty candidate..

Products Discussed in

To Top