1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Toyota Incompetence

Discussion in '2.5 Gen Tundras (2014-2021)' started by RussellVaughan, Oct 6, 2017.

1. Oct 6, 2017 at 12:49 PM
    Wilbur

Wilbur New Member

Member:
    Savannah, GA
    Vehicle:
    2014 MGM
    [​IMG]

757TUNDRA likes this.
  2. Oct 6, 2017 at 12:55 PM
    fisherman951

fisherman951 MT dreams

Member:
    First Name:
    Tony
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    2017 crewmax 4x4
    @Roman goes corporate cuts out dealership and hooks us all up even more win win for every1

NewImprovedRon and Roman[QUOTED] like this.
  3. Oct 6, 2017 at 1:09 PM
    segelflieger

segelflieger New Member

Member:
    Az
    Vehicle:
    16 TRD DC
    Icons
    There is a dealer here in the valley who might have what you are looking for.... I have purchased two during this whole backorder debacle... pm me if u chose..

btw grill in stock pc 040,,,, bulge not sure about

Last edited: Oct 6, 2017
  4. Oct 6, 2017 at 1:53 PM
    scotch

scotch New Member

Member:
    Denver, CO
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tundra
    2010 Tundra Method 20x9 Fat Fives 18offset, 305/55/20 Duratracs, Bilstein 6112/5160, SPC/LR Upper Control Arms, TRD Rear Swaybar, OME/Dakar leafs with CB +1 Shackles, Husky Weatherbeaters, Du-Ha, Extang Solid Fold, Line-X, Toyota Bed Mat, Stoptech Cryo Rotors and pads, Goodridge brake lines, Stoptech STR-660, Rigid Fog Lights, Odyssey Battery, Firestone Airbags with CB spacer, etc, etc... Previous Toyota's: 97 4runner, 02 tacoma, 09 tacoma
    Why does shipping parts in the order they were placed irritate you?

5. Oct 6, 2017 at 2:40 PM
    Toro1210

Toro1210 New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2016 MGM Toyota Tundra CM
    20% Tint, blackout badges, interior led lights, AVS window sill inserts, matte black Tundra tailgate inserts, led bed lights, color matched wrapped grille and bumpers
    I ordered mine back in February. I was #22 in the gulf coast region. I picked mine up this past Wednesday. I would have ordered it from Roman but he could not match the price i got from the dealership ( $189.00 after tax plus no shipping) For just the grille. I still have to buy the bulge. The price you paid is stupid low. If I were you, I would
    Just hang tight and get the grille you want for half of what everyone else is paying.

6. Oct 6, 2017 at 4:56 PM
    tomsinamerica

tomsinamerica New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Wilmington, NC
    Vehicle:
    White 2016 Tundra DC ltd
    Because I wanted the look of a pro grill and I wanted dual climate control.

Far easier to add the grill to a limited instead of climate to a pro... People act like the pro is the holy freakin grail of trucks... It doesn't even have seat heaters!

Toro1210 likes this.
  7. Oct 6, 2017 at 8:17 PM
    Filthy13

Filthy13 New Member

Member:
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    2017 White 1794 TRD OR
    A few goodies
    Why the negative connotation? Hope you corrected her and said you're the 'FAMOUS Roman'.

Roman[QUOTED] likes this.
  8. Oct 7, 2017 at 8:47 AM
    RussellVaughan

RussellVaughan [OP] New Member

Member:
    Houston
    Vehicle:
    2015 Gray TSS 5.7 CM SR5 4x4
    AMP Research PowerSteps; Katzkin leather seats (Nightrunner, all black, no perf/logo); TRD 18" BBS Forged rims; Nitto Terra Grappler G2 LT295/70R18) tires; LT295/70R18 spare tire; Rough Country speedo calibrator; Fox 2.0 IFP front & rear w/1" leaf blocks; TRD PRO black headlamps w/Headlight Revolution harness; TRD PRO grill w/color match hood bulge; RCI engine skid plate; BakFlip MX4 tonneau; Baja Design Squadron Sport fog lights w/clear wide lens; front/rear color match bumper covers; K&N CAI; Pedal Commander throttle controller w-trailer brake bezel; SE Toyota wireless charger tray; VLEDS interior and exterior LED lights; AJT Designs interior chrome delete; Sparks Parts driver side grab handle kit; Pop&Lock tailgate lock; ICS Fab dash mount w/support plate; ICS Fab center console mount; SNS Custom Design ABS sensor guards; TRD PRO shift knob; Undercover Swingcase bed storage; Rad Rubber Design engine splash guards; Bull Ring bed rail tie-downs; exterior debadge w/black & engine badge and black 4x4 badge; Charvonia Design billet bed tie-down anchors; rear console USB port; TRD rear sway bar; Fumoto Oil Pan Valve; Toyota metal oil filter assembly; Vexing R1 dash cam; X2Power 24F Battery.
    as i explained above, because dealers are ordering parts just to fill inventory. normally this isn't an issue when supply is sufficient. but in the case of these grills, we all know supply is tight. so imo toyota should not send grills to dealers unless they were ordered on behalf of customers who have already paid for them. there's no reason someone should be able to order a grill and get it in a week/month, when there are people like me who have paid months ago. not the dealers fault, they are doing what they're allowed to do to take care of their customers. its toyota's fault for not prioritizing customers over dealers.

9. Oct 8, 2017 at 11:50 AM
    Bable985

Bable985 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Vehicle:
    2014 silver sky limited trd
    @Roman are all the black pro grills spoken for? If not I’ll place an order tomorrow

10. Oct 10, 2017 at 9:32 AM
    Roman

Roman Toyota Parts Master Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Roman
    Franklin, TN
    There are still a bunch on back order, and a bunch of new orders coming in. Good news is, we are starting to actually get some of them from Toyota.

11. Oct 10, 2017 at 9:30 PM
    havasubud

havasubud Owner ESP Truck Accessories Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Earl
    Corona, California
    Vehicle:
    2022 Tundra CrewMax Limited TRD OR 4x4
    Factory Tube Steps, TraiFX tri fold tonneau cover
    This is exactly correct. What most likely happened is that Toyota cancelled the order since they were temporarily out of stock. Your dealer that you ordered from has not followed up and reordered so they are oblivious to the fact that you are still waiting. Not to be a dick or anything, but your part isn't the only part that has been ordered. That dealer probably has 800 to 1000 line numbers per day with maybe 100 special orders each day. Unfortunately, I think your parts department dropped the ball. I spent over 20 years at a high volume Toyota dealership here in So Cal, and that happened on a daily basis. You need to tell them to show you your order on the computer and ask them to show you when it was ordered. I will bet you will be pissed. Good luck with it. Also give @Roman a shout.

Roman and Patriot like this.

Products Discussed in

To Top