1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Toyota Dealership or Brake Masters

Discussion in 'General Tundra Discussion' started by madmikelcpd262, Oct 5, 2016.

1. Oct 5, 2016 at 7:52 PM
    madmikelcpd262

madmikelcpd262 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    I forgot to ask this question in my previous thread.What is the difference to going to the Toyota dealership for say something like oil changes or going to somewhere like Brakemasters.Also how about major repairs like shocks and struts or engine work the toyota dealership or private mechanic or Brakemasters for instance.Thanks for bearing with me.

2. Oct 5, 2016 at 8:10 PM
    bobeast

bobeast really old member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Hollister, CA
    Vehicle:
    2008 DC
    - Bull Bar - LED Bunny Burners - AMP retractable running boards - Headlight leveling retrofit - P3 Brake Controller - 60% rear seat delete - relocation of Sub to rear wall - Bilstein 5100 x4, top setting with 2 shims per side - Coach builder +2 rear shackles w/carrier bearing drop - Firestone Air bags - on-board compressor with auto-leveling - Dual Undercover Swing Boxes. - P285/65/R20 (34.6") BFG TA KO2's - TRD Front skid plate - Pop & Lock Tailgate lock - Remote Tailgate mod - LED Headlights - Nav Bypass - iPhone integration - Serius/XM retrofit - 25% front tint - Bizon electric tonneau cover - Power folding tow mirror upgrade - 2010+ leveling Headlight mod - Auto-fold mirror mod. - one-touch lane changer mod - Flash to open garage opener mod - Rigid H/L fog light upgrade - Pushbutton / Remote start mod.
    It depends on the dealership. I personally wouldn't even think of going to a dealership for simple things like oil changes or brake jobs. That said, there are a lot of sleazy oil change shops, so I will add the ever so helpful comment; It depends on the shop.

Any decent tire and alignment shop can change out your shocks. I wouldn't consider that major work at all. I think I would only go to a dealer for items that require dealer specific tools and expertise, like major engine or transmission work or obviously any warranty work.

ToyotaTundraMike likes this.
  3. Oct 5, 2016 at 8:41 PM
    ColoradoTJ

ColoradoTJ Certified tow LEO Staff Member

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    LML 3500HD
    Calibrated Power 5 Tune pack, Allison 1000 tune, PPE deep trans pan, Cold/Hot CAC pipes, Banks CAI, PCV reroute, resonator delete, S&B 62 gal fuel tank, B&W GN hitch
    I would agree with @bobeast , depends on the dealership or shop.

If you have a good history with the dealership, that always helps when fixing things out of warranty.

Products Discussed in

To Top