1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Toyota C-HR?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by BayRunner, Jun 19, 2018.

1. Jun 25, 2018 at 4:18 PM
    BayRunner

BayRunner [OP] I’m here, except when I’m not

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tundra Platinum
    The Camry comes in a little more for the non hybrid. Add more for the hybrid. The daughter really didn't pay attention to the Camry because it was larger than she cared for. Personally I think the Prius is the perfect size for her.

SnrDisregardo[QUOTED] likes this.
  2. Jun 25, 2018 at 4:23 PM
    BayRunner

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tundra Platinum
    Here's a pic of the head unit. Nice size screen

IMG_8998.jpg

MotoTundra and big_jarv[QUOTED] like this.
  3. Jun 25, 2018 at 6:41 PM
    treihing

treihing MAGA

Member:
    First Name:
    TR
    Washington State
    Vehicle:
    2018 Black Limited CrewMax
    I just got my son a new Accord. All the tech that is needed and Honda is giving great deals. Remember, it has been proven that buying a Prius can cause mental instability and increase the need for a rainbow flag....

Outbound likes this.
  4. Jun 25, 2018 at 6:53 PM
    BayRunner

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tundra Platinum
    LOL.... I agree that Honda can make a good vehicle as well. The wife drove a CRV for many years without an ounce of trouble. Don't know about the rainbow flag but at least she'll have better mileage than my Tundra :eek:

5. Jun 25, 2018 at 10:09 PM
    Aron9000

Aron9000 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Honda dealers were selling new 2018 Accord LX's at $19,900 when I looked a couple months ago. That's the new body style. If you wanted a sedan, that was a smoking deal IMO.

BTW what did you pay for that Prius? If I'm being too nosy, you don't have to say, but what was the MSRP? Personally I think the new Prius is ugly(it was styled for the Japanese market, where it has sold like gangbusters), but its a much better all around package in terms of space, cost, and efficiency vs the CH-R.

6. Jun 26, 2018 at 6:36 AM
    BayRunner

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tundra Platinum
    Sticker was 31200 and I paid 28500. This was for the Prius 4. There are actually two Prius looks. The Prius 1 through 4 and the Prius Prime. The Prime has a very different front and rear end. A much better look in my option however it is a plug in. I can't justify the extra $$$ for a plug in with a EV range of only 25 miles.
    There's actually 2 different model looks of the Prius. The Prius 1 through 4 have the traditional Prius look (pictured above). However, the Prius Prime has a very different front and rear end. The Prime has a much better look in my opinion, however it is also a true plug in EV. Personally, I cannot justify the extra $$$$ for a Prime that only has an EV range of 25 miles.

The one we got for the daughter is a Prius 4 with all the safety features and better interior had a sticker of 31,200 and we got it for 28,500. It's not a bad looking car, but not one I'd want for my daily driver (except for the mileage). It was a good life learning lesson for the daughter and it was ultimately her choice since she was the one who saved up for many years to get this.

7. Jun 26, 2018 at 9:35 AM
    Aron9000

Aron9000 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Holy crap thats a lot of $$$$ I thought the Prius was like a $20k car, maybe 24-25k if you got heated seats, sunroof, all the options. You'd have to drive the wheels off it to make up that $8,000 difference in gas savings between the Prius and a new Accord.

8. Jun 26, 2018 at 2:25 PM
    BayRunner

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tundra Platinum
    The Prius starts in the low 20's but like every car, the more you add, the more $$$$z. The Accord is no exception. Just did a quick look at the local Honda dealer. They had 100 in stock and the cheapest one was 26.5 and went up to over 40.

Again, Honda makes a solid vehicle. We went through 3 of them (Ridgeline, CRV and Odyssey). When it came time to replace the CRV we looked at the Pilot but the wife was not impressed. Also, not sure if they still do the blind spot camera but I hated it. Inconvenient to have to engage the turn signal to use it. Toyotas blind spot sensor is far more convenient on both mirrors. This caused our move to Toyota and the Highlander. Wife loves it. But I did catch her eyeing the '19 Avalon this week.

Also been riding with the daughter the last couple of days and noticed the average mpg was 56.2.

Products Discussed in

To Top