1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Toyota and their cheap interiors UPDATE IN FIRST POST.

Discussion in '3rd Gen Tundras (2022+)' started by RLHULK, Nov 16, 2022.

1. Nov 23, 2022 at 10:36 PM
    Durtywrench

Durtywrench New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Lou
    Vehicle:
    23 Tundra platinum
    None
    More than likely not going to happen . Banks been postponing it . Now the LZO is out they might not even touch it .

2. Nov 24, 2022 at 4:48 AM
    pursuit2550

pursuit2550 New Member

Member:
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    2020 Tundra SR5 DC Attitude Black
    I think when Toyota brought out the 2nd gen(07+), they put the big 3 to shame. It was a huge improvement over the 1st gen. The 3rd gen not so much, matter of fact not even close to the 1-2 gen jump. It was a beast of a truck. Highest HP/TQ, huge diff, 4piston calipers and largest rotors, reliable AF 6 speed, etc. The big 3 had their job cut out for them. It was by all means a work truck and Toyota was proud of that, all the commercials were base on how tough it was. Now they proud themself with the Jones commercial and the capstone metrosexual commercial. They went from a bullet proof 5.7 to a V6 TT that is ridiculously over complicated. That thing has sensors for everything in that engine. To me that doesn’t scream long term reliability. And to not offer another engine, when the rest are was also a stupid move. And I know they will never sell as much as the big 3, but now I believe they sell even less. Time will tell though.

3. Nov 24, 2022 at 5:25 AM
    Fatone

Fatone New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2022 Tundra TRD Sport Premium
    I drove a diesel truck from 2008 until last month. There were exactly 2 short periods over 14 years when diesel was the same cost or less . There is concern the current $2 a gallon premium is here to stay for a while.

4. Nov 24, 2022 at 5:57 AM
    ColoradoTJ

ColoradoTJ Certified tow LEO Staff Member

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    LML 3500HD
    Calibrated Power 5 Tune pack, Allison 1000 tune, PPE deep trans pan, Cold/Hot CAC pipes, Banks CAI, PCV reroute, resonator delete, S&B 62 gal fuel tank, B&W GN hitch
    That might be true in your area and price can move up in down quite a bit. I was in Wyoming this past Saturday and diesel was 1.00 more than just across the boarder in Colorado.

5. Nov 24, 2022 at 7:44 AM
    gosolo

gosolo You Don’t Know Who I Am But I Know Where You Live

Member:
    First Name:
    Ray
    NW Oregon
    Vehicle:
    2015 DC Super Fine Super White Pro
    2"CB shackles, bushings and 1 shim, lockerdown console vault, rear folding seat back mod, snugtop shell with opening side windows, 46g fuel tank, SDHQ sliders and hidden winch, Decked Drawers, Alcan leaf springs and got rid of the interior chrome
    Glad you have a truck that you can feel good about! I hope that satisfaction continues for a long time. Please stay in contact and let us know how it goes with your new Chevy.

6. Nov 24, 2022 at 8:28 AM
    RLHULK

RLHULK [OP] Too many gamma rays in all that BBQ smoke.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Oklahoma, Toyota seat trim durability tester
    Vehicle:
    2022 Silverado LT.
    Still rolling stock baby....
    Thank you, I am not going anywhere unless that pigeon tries to run me off LOL.

Products Discussed in

To Top