1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Toyota Allocation/Ordering/Transporting System Explaination

Discussion in '3rd Gen Tundras (2022+)' started by nodak67, May 19, 2022.

1. Feb 3, 2023 at 5:13 AM
    Fatone

Fatone New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2022 Tundra TRD Sport Premium
    Don't assume today's technical obstacles are permanent. Assume a lot of people were pro horse for decades early in the 20th century due to all the problems with early cars. Either way the average cost of a vehicle in 2030s will be 80k. People will want what they want the higher the price not what OEM thinks they want

2. Feb 3, 2023 at 8:41 PM
    nodak67

nodak67 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    JR
    Vehicle:
    23 Tundra Platinum Blueprint CM 4x4 5.5ft Non HV
    well i did say in my post that they need to find an alternative key mineral or find another way to have sustainable batteries. that is a technical solution.

3. Jul 14, 2023 at 10:52 AM
    Lucka

Lucka New Member

Member:
    Lovely post. Could I just contact the distributor directly for the exact car I am looking for and they tell me which region they are sending it to, and I can just go to a dealership in that region?

Right now, all dealerships in my region just want me to deposit $500, and no one knows when they are getting the car I want and won't really tell me how many people are in line ahead of me, cause they just want me to put my name in so that I buy from them. So I just want to cut the middleman so to speak, until I have confirmation where the car I want is going.

Thanks.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2023
  4. Jul 17, 2023 at 4:20 AM
    nodak67

nodak67 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    JR
    Vehicle:
    you cannot contact a regional port. you have to go thru a dealer that will either

1. process a allocation request via dealerdaily (you have to have a dealer account to log into dealerdaily) (this will be your unicorn as most dealers will NOT let you see or go thru this process for 99% of customers, i am a rare customer as i have been working with the same dealer and salesperson and sales manager for the last 15+ toyota's) i have watche this only toyota dealer switch hands 3 times in the last 35 years.

i just wanted to pass this info along so people really know how the process really works since i have been doing this same process the last 10-15 years with this dealer.

2. or the dealer will find one that is coming that closely matches most of your requirements

3. search around and try and find one inbound to a dealer that matches closely to what you want either via cars.com or searching thru various dealer site listings.

5. Dec 17, 2023 at 3:12 PM
    Tundyfan

Tundyfan New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    Vehicle:
    2006 DC Salsa Red
    Quite interesting and helpful.

After 19 months waiting on mine, I jumped ship and got a 2024 Titan XD Pro4x. The hell with Toyota's allocation system. We'll see if I don't regret my decision but Nissan checked all of boxes off for about $20k less.

I had picked a 1794 with 6.5 bed, requested the TRD off-road package with tow mirrors. Apparently, that combo, while it exists in the configurator, doesn't mean shit. In 2023, the configurator changed the packages to include TRD OR package including tow mirrors and the 3 in lift by TRD, so I let me dealer know I'd prefer that. 8 months later, I'm told THAT truck doesn't exist.

I'll keep my first Gen forever because I love Toyota still, but the new Tundra I guess was not meant to be for me.

6. Dec 18, 2023 at 5:17 AM
    nodak67

nodak67 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    JR
    Vehicle:
    the rarer the options the least likely it will get built by the computer build system. it also depends on your region as they dictate what the region wants compared to what the website say you can actually build.

i wanted a plat 5.5ft w/o avs, auto boards, hud but my region only sold avs+auto boards+hud. after waiting 6 months and scouring cars.com across the country for that build i never saw one in my region but outside my region i found a few.

hopefully the 24's with the new less restricted options i could actually get a hud w/o avs and auto boards. we may look in the future to buy a newer version in a better blue shade than blueprint.

7. Dec 18, 2023 at 9:30 AM
    Tundyfan

Tundyfan New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    Vehicle:
    2006 DC Salsa Red
    You'd think the configurator would take your zip and tell you what you'll never be able to build/be able to build. If that's the case, why even collect that information?

8. Dec 19, 2023 at 11:19 AM
    nodak67

nodak67 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    JR
    Vehicle:
    the website somewhat restricts what color/combo's you can select based on your region (zipcode). its not a precise config. the only true way is to go into a dealer and go thru the dealerdaily website and go thru the actual config screen. but since 99% of dealers will not let you see that screen much less go thru it with you the website is the closest you can get.

to see what the actual dealerdaily screen looks like (somewhat), take a look at the first screenshot in my original post. granted thats the screen when i ordered my 2022 tundra platinum (but in a nutshell thats the same screen for any toyota usa model, i dont have any info on GST/SET regional allocation reserve request screen) and it updates as options or trims change thru out a gen cycle.

9. Dec 19, 2023 at 11:43 AM
    Tundyfan

Tundyfan New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    Vehicle:
    2006 DC Salsa Red
    Part of why I quit the wait was the dealer. No timely updates on anything and yesterday when I got my deposit refund, it was a "don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out" attitude. Oh well!

10. Dec 19, 2023 at 12:00 PM
    nodak67

nodak67 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    JR
    Vehicle:
    sorry to hear that but unfortunately the good dealers are hard to find.

11. Jan 26, 2024 at 11:03 AM
    dJunior

dJunior New Member

Member:
    CT
    Kind of diffrent topic- any susggestions on where to find invoice pricing for trims/ packages etc. Looking for a solid starting point for negotiations.

I will probally end up on allocation for what I am looking for; and hope it gets built :D - thanks for the great post about it.

12. Jan 29, 2024 at 4:31 AM
    nodak67

nodak67 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    JR
    Vehicle:
    you can go thru kbb and select all the options you want and in the end you can get an invoice number. i did a quick mockup with some options and packages on kbb to get the below

kbb invoice.png

Mattedfred likes this.
  13. Jan 29, 2024 at 5:07 AM
    911turbo

911turbo New Member

Member:
    An interesting tidbit- gulf states Toyota is owned by Friedkin who has a net worth over 6 billion dollars. All of the executives are highly compensated and worth hundreds of millions of dollars. How did they get so rich? Since they were founded before Toyota USA, they can basically function independently. What they do is add on useless packages to coveted models. For example, during Covid, they added mandatory port added ‘blackout’ packages to many Toyotas when supplies were limited- a useless package with black rims/lug nuts, exhaust tips etc.. they added several thousand dollars before hitting dealers. Same thing with a lot of the 4x4 pickups- useless mandatory ‘off road’ port added packages that were cosmetic and added $6k to the price. Then, the dealers added their $500 nitrogen in tires, $500 door edge guards, $700 tints and other useless crap. Gulf states Toyota is probably the worst offender in the country- they rip off tons of Toyota consumers.

Mattedfred and Minarets like this.
  14. Jan 29, 2024 at 5:23 AM
    Fatone

Fatone New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2022 Tundra TRD Sport Premium
    Just amazing to me Toyota still sticks with its 50 year old port and allocation model even with factories in the USA Every time the topic comes I just chuckle

Mattedfred likes this.
  15. Jan 29, 2024 at 5:30 AM
    Mattedfred

Mattedfred Toyota Fan Boy Since ‘04

Member:
    First Name:
    Ted
    Cambridge, Ontario Canada
    Vehicle:
    2023 SR5 TRD Sport DC 4X4 in MGM
    TRD Skid Plate/Running Boards, Bison Soft Rollup Tonneau, Thule Canoe Rack, Bedmat, Tailgate Black Insert Badge, Northwest Seat Covers Neoprene Custom Fit Front Row Seat Covers. Tailgate Mat
    And some still say it’s an open market and the consumer can still shop around. It’s legalized corruption.

16. Mar 7, 2024 at 3:49 AM
    codename607

codename607 New Member

Member:
    Chicago
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tundra / 2024 Tundra
    Question for the OP or anyone else, is it possible to see how many specific types of trucks are built? I have a 2024 Platinum 6.5ft bed that came with the TRD Off Road package and TRD lift kit. I haven't seen another one and I'm wondering how many are out their. Sorry if this was covered already.

17. Mar 7, 2024 at 6:27 AM
    nodak67

nodak67 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    JR
    Vehicle:
    not really, the production line is controlled by a computer system that determines the trims that are built and what FIO and PIO are installed.

usually its a 5/25/40/10/10/10 ratio (percent) roughly.

SR/SR5/LIMITED/PLATINUM/1794/CAPSTONE

those are my estimate for ratios not actual.

just be mindful that within each trim, some FIO options are even more rare, good example is on the 10% plats, getting one with a TRD OR package is maybe 1% of that 10%

18. Mar 7, 2024 at 7:20 AM
    codename607

codename607 New Member

Member:
    Chicago
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tundra / 2024 Tundra
    Thanks OP for the reply and clarification.

Products Discussed in

To Top