1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Towing Advice for a Travel Trailer

Discussion in 'Towing & Hauling' started by marcjmo79, May 30, 2018.

1. May 30, 2018 at 7:19 AM
    marcjmo79

marcjmo79 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tundra
    I have a 2015 Tundra Crewmax 4.6L (no tow/haul button) and have never towed anything with it. We plan on getting a TT for our family of 4 to take on trips all across the country. The TT we're looking at getting has a dry weight of 4,615#, a cargo capacity of 1,385# and a dry hitch weight of 470#.

Along with the TT, I plan on getting a weight distribution hitch, sway control and brake controller.

I *think* the truck should be able to pull it safely but please correct me if I'm wrong.

From what I've read so far in this forum, payload capacity might be my bigger concern. The sticker shows a payload capacity of 1,355# with 166# to subtract for modifications. That leaves me with 1,189# for my family of 4, gear to load and the tongue weight.

Am i pushing the limits of my truck and should just look for less trailer? Or will this setup be just fine and not be a headache to haul on vacations across the country? Thanks in advance!

2. May 30, 2018 at 7:49 AM
    ColoradoTJ

ColoradoTJ #WAISTBAND

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    2016 GMC Summit White
    Husky products, 28% tint on windows.
    You will be close on the capacity, and if your careful on what/where you load everything, the truck should be fine.

Products Discussed in

To Top