1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Tow Haul light not working

Discussion in 'Towing & Hauling' started by SundanceKid, May 7, 2020.

1. Oct 21, 2020 at 9:13 AM
    marckicker46

marckicker46 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Marc
    Thank you. What program do you used for wire diagram and location? I would like to have it. AJ4 connection to another module?

2. Oct 21, 2020 at 9:24 AM
    Wynnded

Wynnded What MPG...

Member:
    Rockies
    Vehicle:
    Souped up truck
    Magnuson Magnum TVS 2650 S/C Sniv's Speed Shop 70mm pulley RCF Throttle Body TRD PRO BBS Wheels TRD Front Sway Bar TRD Rear Sway Bar Fox TRD Pro Shocks Limited mirrors (auto darkening/backup camera/power fold/puddle lights) Limited Grill Mod Automatic Climate Controls Mod Automatic Headlamp Mod Sequoia Transfer Case Mod Sequoia Leather Steering Wheel Mod Sequoia Limited Gage Cluster Mod Sequoia LED Headlamp Upgrade Window Tint 15/70% Fake Manual Transmission Mod 10" BAMufflers Stainless Catback Valhalla Catalytic Converter Shields Engine Block Heater Illuminated Ignition Key Ring Mod Deck Rail System w/cleats Solid Offroad Engine Mounts
    Over the passage of time I've stumbled on bits and pieces of information like that on the web that I download and save. It's kind of unorganized and spread out over three computers and a couple cloud servers so when I'm looking for something that I think I have, I need to dig around in various places to find it and I don't alway have what I think I have. It's sorta like poking around in a junk filled attic/basement/storage unit.

The AJ4 connection probably goes into the main harness and then to the main ECU connector (pin 51) for "power" as suggested in @NewImprovedRon's diagram.

3. Oct 21, 2020 at 9:26 AM
    marckicker46

marckicker46 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Marc
    I appreciate your help..please let me know what you found out when you pop the cover and measure voltage from tow haul switch. I am getting 9.5V. Thanks

4. Oct 21, 2020 at 9:29 AM
    Wynnded

Wynnded What MPG...

Member:
    Rockies
    Vehicle:
    Souped up truck
    Magnuson Magnum TVS 2650 S/C Sniv's Speed Shop 70mm pulley RCF Throttle Body TRD PRO BBS Wheels TRD Front Sway Bar TRD Rear Sway Bar Fox TRD Pro Shocks Limited mirrors (auto darkening/backup camera/power fold/puddle lights) Limited Grill Mod Automatic Climate Controls Mod Automatic Headlamp Mod Sequoia Transfer Case Mod Sequoia Leather Steering Wheel Mod Sequoia Limited Gage Cluster Mod Sequoia LED Headlamp Upgrade Window Tint 15/70% Fake Manual Transmission Mod 10" BAMufflers Stainless Catback Valhalla Catalytic Converter Shields Engine Block Heater Illuminated Ignition Key Ring Mod Deck Rail System w/cleats Solid Offroad Engine Mounts
    Edited previous post about AJ4 connector.

Ya, it's slowly warming up enough to where I think I can get things apart and not crack plastic panels.

5. Oct 21, 2020 at 9:36 AM
    Wynnded

Wynnded What MPG...

Member:
    Rockies
    Vehicle:
    Souped up truck
  6. Oct 21, 2020 at 9:40 AM
    Wynnded

Wynnded What MPG...

Member:
    Rockies
    Vehicle:
    Souped up truck
    That's what mine is showing as well, must be the same document. :thumbsup:

NewImprovedRon likes this.
  7. Oct 21, 2020 at 9:47 AM
    Wynnded

Wynnded What MPG...

Member:
    Rockies
    Vehicle:
    Souped up truck
    I think I have one too, it's for 2007-2010 specifically though...

8. Oct 21, 2020 at 9:54 AM
    Wynnded

Wynnded What MPG...

Member:
    Rockies
    Vehicle:
    Souped up truck
    NewImprovedRon likes this.
  9. Oct 21, 2020 at 11:03 AM
    marckicker46

marckicker46 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Marc
    Thank you everyone for your help. I will let you know what I found out about my haul mode switch

10. Oct 21, 2020 at 11:29 AM
    marckicker46

marckicker46 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Marc
    Where is this transmission control switch located at J24/J25?

Screenshot_20201021-142603_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

11. Oct 21, 2020 at 12:07 PM
    Wynnded

Wynnded What MPG...

Member:
    Rockies
    Vehicle:
    Souped up truck
    What I'm finding is that it's installed inside the shift lever assembly in the center console, assuming you have the floor shifter.

12. Oct 21, 2020 at 12:16 PM
    marckicker46

marckicker46 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Marc
    Yes I have floor shifter..by looking at wire diagram..look like tow haul mode switch is tie into transmission control switch

13. Oct 21, 2020 at 3:03 PM
    Wynnded

Wynnded What MPG...

Member:
    Rockies
    Vehicle:
    Souped up truck
    When I look at the diagram, I see that the T/H switch and the transmission control switch are getting power(+) from the same source and share a ground(-).

I finally got into mine. Red and Green are illumination. White/Black stripe is ground. Beige is +12, with T/H both on and off. As mentioned, I think that this is a momentary switch and when it's pressed it momentarily grounds the +12V and that tells the ECU to change shift patterns (flips a bit from 0 to 1). When it's pressed again, it tells the ECU to flip it back. In my mind that would explain why it's +12V when in T/H or not (and why the button doesn't stay recessed when on and extended when off).

14. Oct 21, 2020 at 3:24 PM
    marckicker46

marckicker46 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Marc
    Are you getting 12Volts Beige wire from voltmeter when press off and on T/H switch? I am getting 9Volt

15. Oct 21, 2020 at 3:27 PM
    Wynnded

Wynnded What MPG...

Member:
    Rockies
    Vehicle:
    Souped up truck
    Yes. +12V with T/H on and off.

16. Oct 21, 2020 at 3:48 PM
    marckicker46

marckicker46 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Marc
    I believe the cause is I am having issues with beige wire only getting 9.5V. Do you know where beige wire goes too?

17. Oct 21, 2020 at 4:02 PM
    Wynnded

Wynnded What MPG...

Member:
    Rockies
    Vehicle:
    Souped up truck
    The diagrams indicate that it goes to that connector (AJ4) behind the passenger side kick panel where it changes color to L (lavender?) then on to pin 51 of the main ECU.

18. Oct 21, 2020 at 4:14 PM
    marckicker46

marckicker46 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Marc
    Can you be able to point out which is connector AJ4? The wire diagram is very hard to point out

20201021_191102.jpg

19. Oct 21, 2020 at 4:20 PM
    marckicker46

marckicker46 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Marc
    I am also confused about this..what is this switch used for ..look like it also tie into AJ4 with tow haul switch

Screenshot_20201021-191842_Samsung Internet.jpg

20. Oct 21, 2020 at 4:29 PM
    Wynnded

Wynnded What MPG...

Member:
    Rockies
    Vehicle:
    Souped up truck
    I would look at the white connector that is horizontal to those two red wire taps. The bottom left wire is beige and that looks to jive with position 19 on the AJ4 connector. See if you can get you meter probe in there (maybe a sewing pin or straighten out a small gage paperclip) to see if the +V there matches what you're seeing behind the switch.

AJ4 Pin 19.jpg

21. Oct 21, 2020 at 4:31 PM
    Wynnded

Wynnded What MPG...

Member:
    Rockies
    Vehicle:
    Souped up truck
    That's just power and ground for that switch.

22. Oct 21, 2020 at 4:40 PM
    Wynnded

Wynnded What MPG...

Member:
    Rockies
    Vehicle:
    Souped up truck
    Here's the text description that I found about it:

TCS Text.jpg

23. Oct 21, 2020 at 4:49 PM
    marckicker46

marckicker46 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Marc
    Tow Haul switch doesn't go into transmission control switch. It control by ECM correct?

24. Oct 21, 2020 at 5:05 PM
    Wynnded

Wynnded What MPG...

Member:
    Rockies
    Vehicle:
    Souped up truck
    Nope. The transmission control switch is for S-Mode.
    The T/H button just allows the driver to tell the ECU what shift pattern the driver wants the transmission to use. That alternate shift pattern is in the ECU.

marckicker46[QUOTED] likes this.
  25. Oct 22, 2020 at 7:25 AM
    marckicker46

marckicker46 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Marc
    Can you do me a favor. Can you please send me a picture of connections under yellow plug passenger kick panel. Picture of wires.

20201022_093409.jpg
    20201022_093352.jpg

26. Oct 22, 2020 at 7:36 AM
    1lowlife

1lowlife Toxic prick and pavement princess..

Member:
    First Name:
    DADA
    THE GREAT STATE OF TEXAS
    Vehicle:
    2014 MGM DC SR5

That is awesome.
    I never scrolled down that far on my wiring diagram...:eek2:

Wynnded[QUOTED] likes this.
  27. Oct 22, 2020 at 7:48 AM
    marckicker46

marckicker46 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Marc
    Can you do me a favor. Can you please send me a picture of connections under yellow plug passenger kick panel. Picture of wires to compare your and my.

28. Oct 22, 2020 at 10:09 AM
    Wynnded

Wynnded What MPG...

Member:
    Rockies
    Vehicle:
    Souped up truck
    I don't know if that will help, my truck is quite different from yours...

29. Oct 22, 2020 at 10:29 AM
    Wynnded

Wynnded What MPG...

Member:
    Rockies
    Vehicle:
    Souped up truck
    I was thinking, I may have a picture on my phone of this area of my truck. I'll see if I can dig it up and see if that gets us anywhere. I'm at work today so I don't think I'll have an opportunity to pull interior panels on my truck to take a photo, but we'll see.

30. Oct 22, 2020 at 10:44 AM
    marckicker46

marckicker46 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Marc
    Here is attachment of pictures..I need to know if there supposed to have wires between green & purple. I would like a picture of connections

20201022_132514.jpg
    16033886001656500311045809078936.jpg

Products Discussed in

To Top