1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Touch Up

Discussion in 'General Tundra Discussion' started by CavBluTundra, Sep 11, 2019.

1. Sep 11, 2019 at 6:55 AM
    CavBluTundra

CavBluTundra [OP] CavBluisdabomb

Member:
    First Name:
    Howard
    Vehicle:
    2018 TRD Off Road Limited
    Scratch.jpg Okay guys, need a little help. The scratch on my fender made me sick when it happened but I ordered the matching touch up from my dealership. Getting it today. Question is, what should I do to fix this other than apply the touch up paint? I am not a paint and body expert.

2. Sep 11, 2019 at 7:04 AM
    coyote

coyote New Member

Member:
    Touchup probably won’t be perfect but at least it will be blue.... instructions will probably be on the bottle. If not, if it were me I would probably knock off anything loose that is about to fall off anyway and then scuff very lightly on the metal with fine sand paper just the stratch area only, clean with something mild to remove the dust and debris, then apply touch up! Your results might vary, a steady hand helps and not too much touchup at once ( can always do a second application) good luck!!

CavBluTundra[OP] likes this.
  3. Sep 11, 2019 at 7:50 AM
    10TundraSR5

10TundraSR5 Happy Tundra owner

Member:
    Tennessee
    Vehicle:
    2010 Black Tundra SR5
    Curse you Perry the Platypus!
    My heart goes out to you. Scratches are never easy at first. Perhaps try using fishing line as the applicator. Very fine so you won't risk getting paint where it doesn't need to be. Take your time and patience is the key. What sucks is that you'll always be aware of it now.

Products Discussed in

To Top