1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Took 2nd Gen to Glamis

Discussion in '2nd Gen Tundras (2007-2013)' started by LibertySand, Jan 10, 2017.

1. Jan 10, 2017 at 2:21 PM
    LibertySand

LibertySand [OP] IH Support Rig

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Montclair, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD DC 5.7 Tow 4X4
    Had a chance to take my 2nd Gen to Glamis last weekend. I'm an avid off-roader, been going to Glamis now for about 15 years. I've driven quite a bit of vehicles and rails and toys thru the dunes.
    :bananadance:Warning! Gloating Ahead!:bananadance:

HOLY CRAP this Tundra is BAD ASS in the dunes and the Sand! Never had one issue. She was a MONSTER! I lost count on how many Olds trips we did. Truck handled great. Most of the time I was in 2wd and only a few times had it in 4wd. I only took the tires down to 19psi, kinda high for me but they were rated E and I didnt feel like having a bead blow. I was not easy on the girl. full throttle every chance I could. Roosting Sand!

I do have a small gripe. I never made it to the top of Olds. Everytime I'd get close to the top the damn Trans would shift to 3rd and there went my wheel spin, truck would bog down and I'd have to turn down before she buried herself.

I tried Tow Haul, Sport mode forced in 2nd (would eventually shift into 3rd), 2WD, 4WD, Disengaged RSCA, Disengaged Traction, Engaged it all, Disengaged it all. After several failed attempts I hung it up for another day till a rear locker and maybe less air in the tires before I blew the tranny up. Maybe the 4.30's and 35" tires didnt help. But none the less, THIS TUNDRA CAN DUNE THE HELL OUTTA GLAMIS!

Picture Taken at the bottom of Olds
    1%20Tundra%20Olds%20Hill_zpsnj2tssuw_62aed3a46612d1f216d10a5db33cffa8f5f7a66b.jpg

Products Discussed in

To Top