1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Today is the day

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by easleycrawler, Sep 3, 2019.

1. Sep 9, 2019 at 9:41 AM
    15whtrd

15whtrd Mr. Blonde

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    White 2015 Tundra DC SR5 TRD 4x4 5.7L, White 2003 Sequoia 2WD
    TRD Pro suspension, +2 Coachbuilder shackles, 2015 TRD Pro headlights, 20% ceramic tinted windows, charcoal filter delete, aFe drop in pro s dry air filter, TRD airflow accelerator, TRD oil fill cap, TRD 18 psi radiator cap, BDX Bullydog tuner, Weathertech floor mats front and rear, rear seat fold down mod, Tyger soft tonneau cover, Linex with uv protection, TRD swaybar, TRD center caps, TRD Pro grille insert, aluminum oil filter canister, Real truck tailgate seal, Pop-n-lock tailgate lock actuator, rear diff breather relocate.
    So this thread encouraged me to give it another shot at quitting. Wednesday I was down to one cigarette. Decided not to buy another pack. I lit that cigarette twice on Wednesday and finished it Thursday morning. Have not gone and bought another pack. And have not had another cigarette. I’m feeling pretty good man. I can’t say I won’t smoke another if one is around me and I have a beer in my hand. But I’m definitely not going back to being a regular smoker! This is the first time I’ve actually enjoyed not smoking and looking forward to being healthier. Plus it is going to save me 30 to 40 bucks a week. I am supplementing my nicotine habit with ZYN nicotine pouches. No tobacco.

I’m actually excited about not being a smoker. Since I’m out on Workmen’s Comp. it was a good time to quit. I used to quit over a weekend and then be back at it Monday morning because of work. It’s good to get this out of my system before going back to work, hopefully my habit is diminished and I will have less of that strong desire to put a cigarette in my mouth. The key for me has been staying busy with something. Whether I’m in the garage tinkering with my truck or even just surfing Tundras.Com.

You motivated me Travis! Thanks bro

2. Sep 9, 2019 at 9:42 AM
    15whtrd

15whtrd Mr. Blonde

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    TRD Pro suspension, +2 Coachbuilder shackles, 2015 TRD Pro headlights, 20% ceramic tinted windows, charcoal filter delete, aFe drop in pro s dry air filter, TRD airflow accelerator, TRD oil fill cap, TRD 18 psi radiator cap, BDX Bullydog tuner, Weathertech floor mats front and rear, rear seat fold down mod, Tyger soft tonneau cover, Linex with uv protection, TRD swaybar, TRD center caps, TRD Pro grille insert, aluminum oil filter canister, Real truck tailgate seal, Pop-n-lock tailgate lock actuator, rear diff breather relocate.
    This is the conclusion I came to. Even my father-in-law told my wife that, he will quit when he’s ready. He’s a smart man. Finally I think I just had enough. It was getting hard to breathe, I was having shortness of breath fairly easily. Now I just gotta watch my weight.

3. Sep 9, 2019 at 9:43 AM
    Pinay

Pinay Ultimate Grand Supreme Member Staff Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Monet
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    2015 Blaaack - SR5 - CrewMax - 4x4 - TSS
    TTC #186
    Good deal Sean! You and anyone else just need to make up your mind and you can do this!!! :muscleflexing:

4. Sep 9, 2019 at 9:47 AM
    15whtrd

15whtrd Mr. Blonde

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    Yeah, I think I just got disgusted with myself that something could have that big of a hold on me. I definitely pride myself on being my own person and having common sense with most aspects in my life. (Other than being addicted to mods) Every time I would light up a cigarette lately it just didn’t feel right anymore. And very recently the shortness of breath. Fuck that! I’d like to be around a while.

5. Sep 15, 2019 at 5:32 AM
    AzureNightmare

AzureNightmare F.N.G. (F*cks Not Given)

Member:
    Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    2019 Cavalry Blue SR5 TRD Crewmax

There is always the Graveyarder BS thread -> https://www.tundras.com/threads/graveyarders-bs-thread.12312/unread It has helped me on long slow nights. Makes the time go by.

The big thing to remember is that all it takes to quit is the desire to quit. If you want to, you will. You might slip up, you might have a bad day, but if the desire is there you will get it done. Don't view those days as setbacks. They are PROGRESS. You are moving in the right direction, and as long as you are making progress you will win this fight!

15whtrd and Trooper2 like this.
  6. Sep 15, 2019 at 8:48 AM
    Scuba

Scuba Sober member

Member:
    Austin, Tx.
    Vehicle:
    2012 Texas Edition CM.
    Progress not perfection!
    Good luck Sean. I wish you the best.

I could never quit smoking when I was a drinker. It was just too much of a trigger. I’ve been sober for 450 days now and I rarely ever crave a cigarette. Yes, I vape. But I’d rather be a vapor than a smoker.

Trooper2 and 15whtrd like this.
  7. Sep 15, 2019 at 9:18 AM
    EAK

EAK New Member

Member:
    KY
    Vehicle:
    ‘15 White 1794
    BAMuffler 8” SS Low Range Off-road 3/1 level kit BFG KO2 (stock 20s)
    Maybe one of the coolest threads on the forum. People making big positive changes in their own lives and inspiring others to do the same.

When I was training for college football during the off-season, it always helped to train with someone to help hold myself accountable. Not only should I follow through for myself, but others were counting on me as well.

Trooper2 and AzureNightmare like this.
  8. Sep 15, 2019 at 9:19 AM
    Padj

Padj Life is what happens when you're making plans

Member:
    Denver, Colorado
    Vehicle:
    2019 Limited CM TRD MGM
    Took me 4 serious tries to give up. Good luck. Don't give up giving up.

Trooper2, Pinay and AzureNightmare like this.
  9. Sep 15, 2019 at 11:14 AM
    jeremyd

jeremyd 2014 Crewmax SR5

Member:
    NV
    Vehicle:
    2014 SR5 CM 4X4
    ProComp 6" 35/12.50/18 -11
    Good luck, I quit in 2003.

Pinay likes this.
  10. Sep 15, 2019 at 12:10 PM
    Moon Puppy

Moon Puppy New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tundra SR5
    I think when I noticed how bad my clothes smelled is when I was over the hump.

Products Discussed in

To Top