1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Tire pressure monitor shows horizontal lines

Discussion in '2.5 Gen Tundras (2014-2021)' started by 18tundrasport, Dec 23, 2017.

1. Dec 31, 2017 at 3:22 PM
    Cuzican

Cuzican New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    2017 Black Platinum Crewmax Tundra
    8" Lift, 22x10 Fuel Forged FF19, 37x13.50r22 Trail Grapplers, Amp Research steps, Spyder black smoked headlights with 35w HID's, all interior lights LED, Undercover tonneau.
    I agree, but with just a dummy light and without an actual reading to compare to my gauge, I have no way of knowing if the sensors are reading wrong or if the truck is just alerting early.

TTund16[QUOTED] and ChucklesToy like this.
  2. Jan 3, 2018 at 3:46 AM
    TTund16

TTund16 New Member

Member:
    i had heard that you get the warning in low 20's psi which fits your "significantly under-inflated" description above ...
    but others are saying they had the warning at 28 PSI ... i need to do a test one of these days!

there maybe variations in TPMS sensors as they come into market or Toyota can change the spec for different years! maybe the sensors were not very accurate to begin with and now they are using better sensors and are displaying the real psi in newer models. to cut cost & to compensate for more expensive sensors, Toyota may drop another interior light ... lol

i assume it also depends on when the TPMS is reset!
    remember that you have to "reset" your baseline pressure. basically have to press & hold the TPMS reset button after tire pressures have been adjusted (read the manual) and that can result in variation in tpms warning from person to person for example if u reset at 35 psi vs. 30 or 28 psi.

3. Jan 3, 2018 at 7:04 PM
    Cuzican

Cuzican New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    2017 Black Platinum Crewmax Tundra
    8" Lift, 22x10 Fuel Forged FF19, 37x13.50r22 Trail Grapplers, Amp Research steps, Spyder black smoked headlights with 35w HID's, all interior lights LED, Undercover tonneau.
    I'll have to look into that.

Products Discussed in

To Top