1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Tire advice for 2013 tundra rock warrior

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by OfficerRob, Oct 4, 2018.

1. Oct 4, 2018 at 7:26 AM
    OfficerRob

OfficerRob [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2013 White Tundra Rock Warrior
    I have a white 2013 tundra rock warrior. I have the stock wheels and tires which are the bfg all terrain. I’m relatively new on buying tires for a truck but I’m looking to go bigger without having to modify anything. My tire size now are LT285/70R17. Not necessarily interested in buying new wheels but want to ger new tires that are bigger with a more aggressive look. Any recommendations or advice are greatly appreciated!

2. Oct 4, 2018 at 7:50 AM
    831Tun

831Tun heartless Bastrd

Member:
    First Name:
    Warren
    Santa Cruz
    Vehicle:
    '16 CM limited
    TC long travel. Deaver 420 SU leaf packs.
    Welcome from NorCal,
    Good suggestions from @Watt maker. I'd add Yokohama to the list. I'm really happy with the geolander g003 but it's a MT.

Black Wolf and Watt maker like this.
  3. Oct 4, 2018 at 5:28 PM
    BlackSheep

BlackSheep caffeinated member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Kansas City, MO
    Vehicle:
    2010 Black DC 5.7L 4x4
    held together by duct tape and baling wire
    Watching this thread to see what develops. I have a stock 2010 RW that I’m dying to put larger tires on, but am forcing myself to wait until they’re actually necessary. I’ve seen a couple other guys online with stock RWs claim to fit as large as 315/70/17s on the RW wheels and no rubbing, at least driving on road. Seems like a lot of tire for a stock truck though.

4. Oct 4, 2018 at 6:27 PM
    Brad90

Brad90 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brad
    Vehicle:
    2013 Tundra Crewmax Rock Warrior
    aFe Power Magnum Force Stage 2 SI PRO-DRY S intake, aFe Mach Force XP exhaust, 3 inch leveling kit, DVB front bumper, tri-fold tonneau cover.
    I had Fierce Attitudes that looked really good but they didn't hold good always making the skid sensors kick in. I got Nitro Terra Graplers now and they hold to the road way better. The Nittos don't look as good but performance wise, they are a step above.

5. Oct 5, 2018 at 8:51 PM
    equin

equin Texarican Tundra

Member:
    First Name:
    Ed
    DFW, TX
    Vehicle:
    2015 Silver Sky DC SR5 5.7L 4x4 TSS Package
    TRD Rear Anti-sway bar, TRD Pro skid plate, Bedrug bed mat, 17" Icon Rebounds, 315/70/17 BFG AT/K02, Bilstein 6112s front (for now), Fox 2.5 Remote Reservoirs rear, Diamondback SE, Dirtydeeds Industries 8" stainless BAMuffler, aFe dry air filter, TRD air intake accelerator
    I'm running that size with Cooper AT3 XLTs on 17" Icon Rebounds + 25 offset. I have no rubbing, but I also have Bilstein 6112s set at 1.9" and had removed the front bumper liner before installing the tires. So I don't know if they would've rubbed otherwise.

Black Wolf and Watt maker like this.
  6. Oct 6, 2018 at 3:10 PM
    Brad90

Brad90 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brad
    Vehicle:
    2013 Tundra Crewmax Rock Warrior
    aFe Power Magnum Force Stage 2 SI PRO-DRY S intake, aFe Mach Force XP exhaust, 3 inch leveling kit, DVB front bumper, tri-fold tonneau cover.
    I tried putting 315''s on and I have a 2 inch lift on the front and they rubbed so I stayed with the 285's. They rubbed the upper A arm and bar when the tire was steered toward the inside.

Products Discussed in

To Top