1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Tire advice for 2013 tundra rock warrior

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by OfficerRob, Oct 4, 2018.

1. Oct 4, 2018 at 7:26 AM
    OfficerRob

OfficerRob [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2013 White Tundra Rock Warrior
    I have a white 2013 tundra rock warrior. I have the stock wheels and tires which are the bfg all terrain. I’m relatively new on buying tires for a truck but I’m looking to go bigger without having to modify anything. My tire size now are LT285/70R17. Not necessarily interested in buying new wheels but want to ger new tires that are bigger with a more aggressive look. Any recommendations or advice are greatly appreciated!

2. Oct 4, 2018 at 7:33 AM
    Watt maker

Watt maker Keepin' the lights on!

Member:
    First Name:
    Ronald
    Vehicle:
    2017 TRD Pro Tundra DC Cement
    1 of 255
    I would go with a 285/75/17. Check out the Toyo MT, Nitto Ridge Grappler, Nitto Trail Grappler or Cooper ST Maxx.

equin and Ace402 like this.
  3. Oct 4, 2018 at 7:50 AM
    831Tun

831Tun IMA BasTRD

Member:
    First Name:
    Warren
    Santa Cruz
    Vehicle:
    '16 CM limited
    ADS C/O w/clickers, ADS bypass rear, Icon UCAs, Toytech shackles, chrome delete, Pro grille, TRD dual exhaust dumped, de-badged, black LED tail lights. BHLM w/projectors, 295 70 18 Cooper STT pro on stock rims w/1.25" Spider Tracks. N_Fab bumper w/Baja Design fogs and ditch lights, 13" antenna x, RCI skid, All Pro sliders, ARB compressor
    Welcome from NorCal,
    Good suggestions from @Watt maker. I'd add Yokohama to the list. I'm really happy with the geolander g003 but it's a MT.

Grey Wolf and Watt maker like this.
  4. Oct 4, 2018 at 5:28 PM
    MO_Tundra

MO_Tundra World-class dog petter

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Vehicle:
    2010 Black Rock Warrior
    blacked out grille emblem Debadged Removed mud flaps Painted RW wheel center caps Next up: 3/1 level After that: tires! Then: front bumper
    Watching this thread to see what develops. I have a stock 2010 RW that I’m dying to put larger tires on, but am forcing myself to wait until they’re actually necessary. I’ve seen a couple other guys online with stock RWs claim to fit as large as 315/70/17s on the RW wheels and no rubbing, at least driving on road. Seems like a lot of tire for a stock truck though.

5. Oct 4, 2018 at 6:27 PM
    Brad90

Brad90 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brad
    Vehicle:
    2013 Tundra Crewmax Rock Warrior
    aFe Power Magnum Force Stage 2 SI PRO-DRY S intake, aFe Mach Force XP exhaust, 3 inch leveling kit, DVB front bumper, tri-fold tonneau cover.
    I had Fierce Attitudes that looked really good but they didn't hold good always making the skid sensors kick in. I got Nitro Terra Graplers now and they hold to the road way better. The Nittos don't look as good but performance wise, they are a step above.

6. Oct 5, 2018 at 8:51 PM
    equin

equin New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ed
    DFW, TX
    Vehicle:
    2015 Silver Sky DC SR5 5.7L 4x4 TSS Package
    TRD Rear Anti-sway bar, TRD Pro skid plate, Bedrug bed mat, MB 352s, 275/70/18 BFG AT/KO2s and a Graco toddler child seat!
    I'm running that size with Cooper AT3 XLTs on 17" Icon Rebounds + 25 offset. I have no rubbing, but I also have Bilstein 6112s set at 1.9" and had removed the front bumper liner before installing the tires. So I don't know if they would've rubbed otherwise.

Grey Wolf and Watt maker like this.
  7. Oct 6, 2018 at 3:10 PM
    Brad90

Brad90 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brad
    Vehicle:
    2013 Tundra Crewmax Rock Warrior
    aFe Power Magnum Force Stage 2 SI PRO-DRY S intake, aFe Mach Force XP exhaust, 3 inch leveling kit, DVB front bumper, tri-fold tonneau cover.
    I tried putting 315''s on and I have a 2 inch lift on the front and they rubbed so I stayed with the 285's. They rubbed the upper A arm and bar when the tire was steered toward the inside.

Products Discussed in

To Top