1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

there is enough old guys on here

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by frogger, Aug 17, 2016.

1. Sep 5, 2016 at 2:55 AM
    MT Madman

MT Madman Just an ordinary guy

Member:
    Hawk Point MO
    Vehicle:
    2020 Silver Platinum
    TRD dual exhaust TRD Rear Sway Bar SnugTop Hi-Liner
    Oh yeah, I think it was Tommy Chong watching an Indian movie. Anyone remember 'Creature Feature'?

Back in the days of no cable, no satellite, and no internet streaming. We had 3 channels out of South Bend, yup NBC, CBS, and ABC and sometimes Chicago's WGN would come in.

Somehow we found something to watch which is pathetic since there's times I can't find anything to watch on the 150+ channels we get from DirecTV.

2. Sep 5, 2016 at 6:22 AM
    FumundaTundra

FumundaTundra Director of civil unrest

Member:
    First Name:
    Wayne
    Central WA.
    Vehicle:
    2009 5.7 Tundra Double cab
    Many to come.
    Saved in my favorites. This is where my next set of tires for the '88 Chevy will be coming from. I'll mount and balance them myself too.

Black Wolf[QUOTED] likes this.
  3. Sep 5, 2016 at 7:27 AM
    Black Wolf

Black Wolf Bigfoot Hunter, Sasquatch too, but not Yeti

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Aurora CO
    Vehicle:
    2022 Nissan Frontier SV 4X4
    TuwaPro rack, Z1 Offroad stuff, NISMO suspension stuff, FlowmasterFX Extreme exhaust, AIS, OVS, J&L can, other goodies on the way
    Treadwright only uses the best casings and will match them up for you when you order a complete set. They are also warrantied. There are also a lot of thread designs to choose from.

4. Sep 5, 2016 at 7:45 AM
    Black Wolf

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Aurora CO
    Vehicle:
    TuwaPro rack, Z1 Offroad stuff, NISMO suspension stuff, FlowmasterFX Extreme exhaust, AIS, OVS, J&L can, other goodies on the way

There are some retreading outfits that are no doubt putting out inferior retreads just like there are inferior new tires being sold. Treadwright warranties their tires. The airline industry has no problem using retreads on multi million $$$ aircraft with humans on board. Safety requirements for the airline industry are just about the strictest there is. I would have zero problem running a set of todays retreads as a second set for winter. Treadwright offers a special winter compound rubber where studding isn't required. Retreads may not be a option for everyone. If you live on a ranch/farm, retreads were commonly used on most farm equipment due to the cost savings over new tires which could be in the thousands of dollars.

driverdog likes this.
  5. Sep 5, 2016 at 8:22 AM
    Mike

Mike Tread lightly.

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    south carolina
    Vehicle:
    2003 tundra sr5 4x4 stepside....
    yep bank account is running low from it..
    Almost all recaps give you a visual warning before failure the peeling in the joint or separation in the joint.. when the joint fails so does the cap taking the tire with it, do to the glue still holding on..

One and only time it happened to me the force was so strong the recap goes thru 2 inch solid steel going into the trailer cargo.. I had it happen to me at 94 mph.. with a set of TRIPLE TRAILERS and over weight by 24,000 lbs :cool: :cool: .... the good old days..

driverdog and Black Wolf like this.
  6. Sep 5, 2016 at 12:39 PM
    Black Wolf

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Aurora CO
    Vehicle:
    When I was a kid living in Drain, Oregon (mid 60s) we got one channel. KEZI Eugene. Had to watch a lot of Lawrence Welk back in those days.

7. Sep 5, 2016 at 12:42 PM
    Black Wolf

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Aurora CO
    Vehicle:
    I learned a little about aircraft in the Marine Air Wing. Even fighter jets go thru tires pretty quick, and especially the large AF transport birds that would land on our short air strip in Iwakuni. C-5s went thru tires pretty fast.

Interesting reading:http://www.retreadtire.org/interest...afe-to-use-retreads-on-my-truck-or-car_17.htm

driverdog likes this.
  8. Sep 6, 2016 at 2:55 PM
    MT Madman

Member:
    Hawk Point MO
    Vehicle:
    2020 Silver Platinum
    Did you have a high suicides rate in the area?

9. Sep 6, 2016 at 5:47 PM
    Black Wolf

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Aurora CO
    Vehicle:
    Quite the opposite. Most of us from high school in Drain went on to do good things. Watch TV, or...... hunt , fish, FFA, 4H club, Grange, church, 4 wheel, study, camping, study, get up at 4:30 to feed the animals, football, track ,basketball, baseball, get home feed the animals, study, repeat. I left out soccer (kick ball) for a reason. "Pre soccer mom" They tried "soccer" kick ball with us in high school. Sucked then sucks now. A soccer mom when I was a kid was a mom who who deflated a soccer ball and handed her kid an American Wilson football to use. If you want to go to war over soccer, "kick ball"?? , then you live in the wrong country. All the previous mentioned activities would be considered very mundane now. You know, things that we kids back in the day used to do that would help us succeed in life. (oh and my parents saved $ plus me going to work at 12 yrs old changing irrigation pipe for 75 cents an hour to help pay/save up for school. No student loans back then. You needed a scholarship back then for a free ride.) I'm so glad I'm old.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2016
    2cID and NewImprovedRon like this.
  10. Sep 7, 2016 at 5:22 PM
    MT Madman

Member:
    Hawk Point MO
    Vehicle:
    2020 Silver Platinum
    I remember when fog lights were only yellow and you never drove around with them on unless you actually had fog. And, it might have been the area I grew up but, if someone did drive around with them on meant a guy was looking for a boyfriend.

Black Wolf likes this.
  11. Sep 7, 2016 at 7:35 PM
    FumundaTundra

FumundaTundra Director of civil unrest

Member:
    First Name:
    Wayne
    Central WA.
    Vehicle:
    2009 5.7 Tundra Double cab
    Many to come.
    It concerns me somewhat, that you know this. o_O

NewImprovedRon and Black Wolf like this.
  12. Sep 7, 2016 at 7:43 PM
    Black Wolf

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Aurora CO
    Vehicle:
    I hear you. Nailed it. My PIAA fogs have yellow lenses and I rarely get a chance to use them in fog here in CO. (not too much fog).Yellow cuts thru fog way better than the clear Toyota OEM so called "fog" over priced lights. If you ever have lived for anytime in the great Pacific Northwest, including our Maple Leaf brothers, you know exactly what I'm talking about. (Good thing I never drove around with my yellow fogs on all the time. Wooohhaaa)

Last edited: Sep 7, 2016
    NewImprovedRon likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top