1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

The opposite of 3rd Gen Lift

Discussion in '2.5 Gen Tundras (2014-2021)' started by 1BlinkGone, Sep 7, 2018.

1. Sep 9, 2018 at 5:18 PM
    4x4_Angel

4x4_Angel Perfectly Imperfect Tomboy....TTC #132

Member:
    First Name:
    Bree
    Funky Town, Texas
    Vehicle:
    2014 SR5 CM Silver Sky
    ToyTec BOSS Lift, FRAC, 18" Fuel Pump wheels, Nitto Ridge Grapplers
    :rolleyes:Uh huh

2. Sep 9, 2018 at 6:02 PM
    DaBoro54

DaBoro54 Beach Fisher

Member:
    Leveling kit, 285/70R18 EXOs
    Sounds like Delaware. They sell low number plates around here. I heard someone bought a two digit tag a while back for $100,000.

Pudge and 4x4_Angel[QUOTED] like this.
  3. Sep 9, 2018 at 6:04 PM
    dud13

dud13 níl aon tinteán mar do thinteán féin

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2018 MGM 1794 4WD 5.7 (noFFV)
    See Info Page DeChroming... in progress.

Will do. As I get closer to the trip I’ll send you a PM. I’ll be the ginger guy at the airport that looks like he is allergic to the sun. Lol

4. Sep 9, 2018 at 6:11 PM
    Eclipsed & Floating

Eclipsed & Floating Over it.........

Member:
    I’m right where I need to be
    Vehicle:
    Voluptuous Whitey
    well, that's just dumb, but rich people can find dumb things to waste money on rather than give it to those of us that need it, like me and @4x4_Angel

4x4_Angel likes this.
  5. Sep 9, 2018 at 7:00 PM
    Tundracollector

Tundracollector New Member

Member:
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    16 Dc trd pro, 04 Dc, 08 rcsb
    The parts for dropping 2nd and 3rd gens are the same, since Toyota says there’s no 3rd gen lol.

For a 2/4 inch drop you can go with belltec which is big in the domestic truck world or sos performance which deals with nothing but yotas. Both kits flip the leafs under the axle in the rear.

Trd makes a kit that will give you about a 1.5/3 on crewmax it retains a very slight rake and replaces the rear leafs with lower payload trd ones. This kit is very well put together but expensive.

1BlinkGone[OP] and Pudge like this.
  6. Sep 9, 2018 at 11:04 PM
    1BlinkGone

1BlinkGone [OP] New Member

Member:
    Brudda thank you for the pic and your inventory list of parts for the drop....I wanted to ask about your wheels- are your wheel offsets designed to give you that much 'poke' outside the standard wheel wells, thus requiring those fender flares? It seems like yours and other uhh, non 3rd gen (as per Toyota lol) have similar tire/wheel excursions...I'm wondering if there is more room under the OEM sheetmetal and more clearance of frame and other components to be able to put, say, if not a 305 but at least a 295 series tire tucked under there with no rubbing or interference issues. I don't want to add any body width to the truck if I don't have to, but will if needed via those fender flares.
    ps- 1. are those TRD shocks? 2. Which dual exhaust did you choose? Still happy with it? Thx!

@equin: fortunately there won't be any problems funding the project.....and yes, other mechanical/geometry issues including driveline(s), carrier bearing, etc all will be carefully addressed if need be.

I figure the right: paint correction & PPF/drop/wheel&tire/supercharger/rear sway bar/shocks/exhaust/audio upgrade and I'll be done... once the truck is acquired.

You all have made this a great thread! Thanks for your contributions!:woot:

Last edited: Sep 9, 2018
    equin and mohd.darmaki[QUOTED] like this.
  7. Sep 10, 2018 at 4:03 AM
    mohd.darmaki

mohd.darmaki New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mohammed
    Vehicle:
    1794 platinum Black model 2017
    Honey-D kit , sos performance lowering kit , TRD daul exhaust , front & rear sway bars ,TRD Air Intake , TRD Pro Grill/Hood Bulge , 2018 Front lights/ Fog lights , Fuel marveick wheels 20x12 negattive44 with grapper 305 tires , Glossy Black Door Handles Cover Half mirrors tailgate w cam, Tundra Steep foot; Fridge center console ,Tundra black Tailgate Trim Bezel , 4x4 Tundra tail , cup olders , Disk Brake Calipers Cover , TRD Liscense Plate , kuda mount black, Super Charger
    Yes it will rub / my wheels are negative plus they are 20x12
    In regards the front bumber y will need to push it couple of inches i think 4 inches . the best way to put some bolts you can get more information in youtube how to do these things , plus the trd exhaust daul without lowering they come under the leaves but after lowering i had to re do these pipes and push them in top of the leaves if y see my car y will see the tail pipes done in a different way

8B0FCE16-57A3-4544-9514-7EF1207A9175.jpg

equin likes this.
  8. Sep 10, 2018 at 11:36 AM
    1BlinkGone

Member:
    Got it. Front bumper needs to come fwd 2-4 inches and the fender flares are necessity for wide tires. Thx for the advice overall, Mohd.darmaki!

Are you happy with your TRD exhaust? I'm reading reports by some of torque loss at lower RPM's with them installed on a stock engine, but my guess is your truck doesn't suffer that due to the SC installed.

My goal is for no greater than 22" wheels on street (not offroad-oriented) rubber. Overall I was thinking/hoping that perhaps the fender flares were only necessary for lifted trucks with some massive tires. Oh well..

Last edited: Sep 10, 2018
  9. Sep 10, 2018 at 12:45 PM
    1BlinkGone

Member:
    The few. The proud. The wimmen. Hehehe glad you're here!

4x4_Angel[QUOTED] likes this.
  10. Sep 10, 2018 at 12:47 PM
    mohd.darmaki

mohd.darmaki New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mohammed
    Vehicle:
    1794 platinum Black model 2017
    Honey-D kit , sos performance lowering kit , TRD daul exhaust , front & rear sway bars ,TRD Air Intake , TRD Pro Grill/Hood Bulge , 2018 Front lights/ Fog lights , Fuel marveick wheels 20x12 negattive44 with grapper 305 tires , Glossy Black Door Handles Cover Half mirrors tailgate w cam, Tundra Steep foot; Fridge center console ,Tundra black Tailgate Trim Bezel , 4x4 Tundra tail , cup olders , Disk Brake Calipers Cover , TRD Liscense Plate , kuda mount black, Super Charger
    I think my car is full there is nothing i can add in it except the front NSV light bar . When installed these wheels i felt the car heavy because of the wheel even i installed the MG Supercharger plus HK intake and headers taken out the 4 catolic it didnt give more then 400 hoursepower because of 2 things wheels and hot weather my brother have the one door tundra lifted by king shocks did the same setup but small wheels the truck is 470 hp so conclousion what are looking for show car or racing next stage for me is to sell this MG supercharger and buy harrops supercharger plus am going to open the engine play with pistons bigger injector connector roads so am sure i will reach the number of 520 hp am waiting my is only 2000 miles brand new

equin and 4x4_Angel like this.
  11. Sep 10, 2018 at 1:31 PM
    1BlinkGone

Member:
    @mohd.darmaki: I'll be looking into some forged 20 or 22 inch wheels with street tires to dump some of the weight you mention. The Harrops kit looks very interesting.. Great-looking 1794 edition you have. Thx again.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2018
    mohd.darmaki likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top