1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

The official NHL hockey thread

Discussion in 'Sports, Hobbies & Interests' started by Y0TA PR0, Oct 7, 2016.

1. Jun 1, 2022 at 5:21 PM
    e30cabrio

e30cabrio I'm e30cabrio, I'm a modaholic

Member:
    West Valley, Phoenix, Az.
    Vehicle:
    2010 Crewmax, 2013 Sequoia Limited
    Sequoia LED Headlights! D.T. L.T. headers, dual exh., BDX, S&B intake, 2018 seat skins.
    1:11 Kreider!!!!

2. Jun 1, 2022 at 6:44 PM
    e30cabrio

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Sequoia LED Headlights! D.T. L.T. headers, dual exh., BDX, S&B intake, 2018 seat skins.
    4 goals on Big V??????

NO WAY!

3. Jun 1, 2022 at 7:22 PM
    e30cabrio

Member:
    Vehicle:
    6! & of course the whiniest coach in the league is looking for an excuse to challenge.

1/68AR Ventre A Terra likes this.
  4. Jun 1, 2022 at 7:24 PM
    BTBAKER

BTBAKER DIFFERENT NAME. SAME JUNK.

Member:
    First Name:
    Brad
    Castle Rock
    Vehicle:
    2023 Ram Rebel
    I really want the Rangers to knock the Lightening out.

Hoff, Cpl_Punishment and e30cabrio like this.
  5. Jun 1, 2022 at 7:47 PM
    e30cabrio

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Love Reaves, he's smiling the entire time.

lol

Y0TA PR0[OP] likes this.
  6. Jun 1, 2022 at 7:59 PM
    Giskk

Giskk New Member

Member:
    Mississippi
    Vehicle:
    2021 Cement Tundra TSS Off-road
    The Pens had the Rangers 3-1. Still h broken

7. Jun 2, 2022 at 7:34 AM
    e30cabrio

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Gotta win 4.

BTBAKER, Hoff and Giskk like this.
  8. Jun 2, 2022 at 12:09 PM
    BTBAKER

Member:
    First Name:
    Brad
    Castle Rock
    Vehicle:
    2023 Ram Rebel
    That didn’t help the poor guy. :rofl:

Cpl_Punishment likes this.
  9. Jun 2, 2022 at 12:14 PM
    Cpl_Punishment

Cpl_Punishment Young men never die.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rosy
    Alberta, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2020 MGM SR5 CM 4X4
    Boost Auto mirrors, RSB, Leer Legend canopy, Line-X bed liner
    Good riddance to Crosby and his whining.

BTBAKER likes this.
  10. Jun 2, 2022 at 12:32 PM
    FredB32

FredB32 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Fred
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD RW
    Take it with a grain of salt, as I'm a Leafs fan (born/raised in Toronto so it's only natural), but the NHL started to really lose me a couple of years ago. The officiating has just been getting worse and worse every year, and although I'm not much of a conspiracy theorist, I am starting to see Bettman's push to move the game south seem to manifest itself. I have no problem with it on the whole, I just find it odd that certain markets that could and would support a team continue to be passed over by teams that are now playing in university rinks. My current top-3 teams are Toronto, Nashville and Chicago...so it's not like I think there's anything wrong with teams per se in ANY market, but something else seems to be up.

I went from having the Center Ice subscription for a few years to getting supremely bothered by how bad thing seemed to be getting a couple of years ago, particularly in the playoffs, and I swore off them after the first round last year, with the exception of watching two games in the finals. I like Tampa as a team, so I had no problem with them winning, plus it was neat to watch them go back to back.

Fast forward to this year...I watched 4-5 regular season games and was already getting irritated by the game flow and overt control the officials seems to be having more often that not...I watched a game and a half of the TOR-TB series and what was about all I could stomach. After Game 6, I didn't watch a single second of Game 7 and promptly removed the NHL app from my phone and haven't watched anything since. And honestly, I might not ever again. The game has changed, and not for the better. I'm just over it at this point.

And when I say the game has changed, keep this in mind - I'm not a huge fan of fights or anything of the sort, I can appreciate a hard (clean) hit, and love me a 1-0 game. 3v3 overtime was one of the best changes they've made IMO, and I hate shootouts, reducing a team game to a 1:1 skills competition. Hard pass. I turn most games off after OT, even if they're going to shootout. I just lost my interest in it.

jpod and Lovetrucks like this.
  11. Jun 2, 2022 at 5:22 PM
    BTBAKER

Member:
    First Name:
    Brad
    Castle Rock
    Vehicle:
    2023 Ram Rebel
    Signing that POS Kane is like signing Antonio Brown. Sellouts..

12. Jun 2, 2022 at 7:47 PM
    BTBAKER

Member:
    First Name:
    Brad
    Castle Rock
    Vehicle:
    2023 Ram Rebel
    Edmonton knows they can’t hang so they start gooning. I hope the Avs bring up Macdermid to beat the piss out of Kane. He has it coming for that shot to Makar.

13. Jun 2, 2022 at 9:13 PM
    Cpl_Punishment

Cpl_Punishment Young men never die.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rosy
    Alberta, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2020 MGM SR5 CM 4X4
    Boost Auto mirrors, RSB, Leer Legend canopy, Line-X bed liner
    There's nothing quite as obnoxious as the team that's on a 2 man advantage being able to find something to whine to the refs about.

14. Jun 3, 2022 at 5:02 AM
    BTBAKER

Member:
    First Name:
    Brad
    Castle Rock
    Vehicle:
    2023 Ram Rebel
    I can think of a lot of things. Kane being one of them.

15. Jun 3, 2022 at 11:44 AM
    e30cabrio

Member:
    Vehicle:
    I'm a Leaf this here.

Jacob Trouba’s hits ‘change the game’ for Rangers — and all-time hitters are taking notice

https://theathletic.com/3347393/2022/06/03/jacob-trouba-rangers-hits/?source=user_shared_article

Jacob Trouba has left a lot of soreness in his wake this postseason.

Angry Penguins and Hurricanes fans.

Sidney Crosby missing a game and a half after what was deemed an accidental high hit in Game 5 of the opening round, changing the course of that series.

Hurricanes rookie Seth Jarvis saying he was still “in a fog” Thursday at Carolina’s breakup day, three days after Trouba threw what was also deemed a legal hit — but one that left Jarvis concussed and, in the immediate aftermath, left the Hurricanes on a penalty kill in Game 7 when they took a too-many-men minor as Jarvis tried woozily to crawl to the bench.

Much of this hasn’t gone over very well in the 2020s NHL, where we have to reconcile increased attention on the long-term effects of head injuries with a sport that is still physical and can legally still be violent, especially in pursuit of a Stanley Cup. But as Trouba rides the edge of how much damage the league allows a player to inflict, he’s also drawn the admiration of a couple of the biggest hitters of the 1990s and 2000s.

“The guy knows how to hit, and he can change the game,” Darius Kasparaitis, one of the league’s all-time hard-hitting defensemen, told The Athletic.

Kasparaitis made his name as a 20-year-old Islanders rookie in 1992-93, standing up to Mario Lemieux and Jaromir Jagr as the Isles upset the two-time defending champs in the second round that postseason.

“When I played, you expected it to be nasty and ugly,” he said. “There would be lots of big hits. It was just part of trying to win. Now, guys don’t expect to get hit. You can see it with Jarvis. And it’s unfortunate what happened, but he got hit, they took a penalty and the Rangers scored. That’s how you change the game.

“It’s a dying breed, what Trouba’s doing. But I can tell you, guys appreciate it.”

Chris Pronger never met an opportunity to throw a hit that he passed up in 18 seasons, plus a streak of 15 consecutive playoff appearances, with four different teams. Like Kasparaitis, he plied his trade in a very different NHL, even though he retired only a decade ago. But, to him, that doesn’t mean there’s no room in today’s postseason for hits like the ones Trouba has thrown.

“People might see it as cheating or against the rules when someone gets injured, but it’s part of the game,” Pronger said. “You have to try and wear teams down, slow them down. The playoffs are a battle of attrition and you’re doing anything you can within the rules to get an edge. It’s something the really good teams understand and teams that have won know it.

“Tampa’s guys don’t necessarily run you through the boards, but they’re battling for every puck. They’re not passing up a chance to hit someone. They grind on you. That aspect can’t be overlooked.”

Pronger added something that may rankle many: “You’re not trying to injure anyone, but you are trying to hurt people. You want them to have a few extra ice bags after a game in a long series. You want them thinking twice about coming down your side. Certain teams aren’t as deep as others. That’s gamesmanship.”

Trouba isn’t as explicit as that, probably because he’s got a few years left to go in his career. He had a string of regular-season hits that drew similar attention, delivering a big, legal hit that knocked Chicago’s Jujhar Khaira out on the ice. He knocked Avalanche star Nathan MacKinnon down with a similar hit a few days later. Trouba answered the bell to fight after both hits, as he did when he hit Max Domi in Game 4 of the Hurricanes series.

Carolina’s Steve Lorentz immediately went after Trouba, they fought, Lorentz received an instigator penalty, and the Rangers converted on the power play. It was infuriating for Carolina and its fans but effective.

“Guys aren’t taught to play that way anymore, and when it happens, people get upset,” Kasparaitis said. “It’s important to teach young players to be ready for those kinds of hits and that they can happen at any time. When I was learning the game, I had coaches like (legendary Soviet defenseman and coach Zinetula) Bilyaletdinov that taught me to look for guys coming across the middle with their heads down. It was a skill to do that. I understand we don’t want that anymore because of too many concussions, but you still can hit in the NHL. Why wouldn’t you try to do it whenever you can?”

Earlier this week, Gerard Gallant mentioned Scott Stevens when asked who Trouba reminds him of. GM Chris Drury mentioned Adam Foote, his old Avalanche teammate, whose son, Cal, is on the Lightning.

“He was a guy that was hard to play against. It’s a pretty big compliment in my eyes,” Trouba said of the Stevens comparison. “I know you’ll be disappointed to hear I didn’t watch a ton of hockey growing up. I was more of a (Nicklas) Lidstrom guy in my backyard.”

“Trouba’s been doing that for years,” Tampa coach Jon Cooper said. “The unfortunate result of what happened the other night (with Jarvis), I don’t think anyone including Trouba wants to see that. But everybody’s well aware of guys that can hit you. Going into a corner with Trouba versus someone else on their team, you probably have a different mindset. I would assume they have that same thought process about some of our guys.

“Trouba’s a good player in this league. I was part of that North American team (at the World Cup) in 2016, and Troubs was on it; he’s been a heck of a player in this league and a physical presence. And you do need that on teams that advance.”

Jarvis said Thursday he didn’t have a problem with the hit. It’s doubtful many Carolina fans (or Pittsburgh fans) feel the same way. That’s a reminder that the environment outside the NHL, especially in the playoffs, is nothing like what’s discussed or viewed inside the locker room. And even at that, Pronger agrees with Kasparaitis that today’s young NHLers have to be more prepared for big contact, especially in the playoffs.

“The less people hit, the more players like Trouba stand out and the less prepared for his hits guys are,” Pronger said. “Guys just get lackadaisical, and you can’t afford to do that as a pro. You end up getting injured, and guys like him have free rein.”

The playoff battle is long, and the players who can throw those game-altering hits while also still playing defense at a high level — like Stevens, who is viewed now as either the ultimate leader and a big reason for three Stanley Cup wins or as a menace, depending on which Twitter thread you want to jump into, or Pronger or Foote — can have as big an impact over the course of two postseason months as a big scorer or a hot goaltender. Even if it makes you feel conflicted to want a player like that on your team.

“You get the other team thinking about something else other than what’s right in front of them and you’re winning the battle,” Pronger said. “We always tried to have the edict when someone got hit hard that you take a number and get them in the regular season next year. I was very bad at that my first few playoff runs. Some guys get too distracted.”

“You’ve for sure got Carolina fans saying Trouba’s the dirtiest guy ever,” Kasparaitis said. “Maybe Pittsburgh fans too. But Ranger fans? They love it. I sometimes get tagged in Facebook posts with some of my old hits, and it’s the same thing. That was 25, 30 years ago. Those plays energize the crowd, energize your teammates.

“You want a guy who can play that way. Sometimes people get hurt. But that’s hockey.”

16. Jun 3, 2022 at 8:49 PM
    e30cabrio

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Pinch me it's 2-0!

17. Jun 3, 2022 at 9:46 PM
    BTBAKER

Member:
    First Name:
    Brad
    Castle Rock
    Vehicle:
    2023 Ram Rebel
    Rangers are playing great hockey right now.

e30cabrio[QUOTED] likes this.
  18. Jun 4, 2022 at 9:45 AM
    e30cabrio

Member:
    Vehicle:
    This is hilarious!

NHL power rankings: The conference finalists so far, 1-4 — plus ‘Top Gun’ callsigns for the rest

https://theathletic.com/3347821/2022...shared_article

One of us (Dom) has never seen the original “Top Gun,” but both of us have seen the new “Top Gun” and agree that it absolutely rules.

Naturally, we had to capitalize on yet another pop-culture thing by shamelessly shoe-horning it into the power rankings this week.

Four teams are left trying to be the Top Gun of the NHL and for those we figured out a perfect character match from the new movie (we promise there are no spoilers here). For everyone else? Call signs that also match perfectly.

We’re almost at the finish line of the 2021-22 season. Here’s how the final four stacks up.
    1. Colorado Avalanche
    Series: Up 2-0 against the Oilers
    Last week: 1
    Dom rank: 1
    Sean rank: 1

Top Gun character: Rooster
    Proving they belong

Dom: The Avalanche finally did it; they got over the second-round hump with a gutsy last-second win over the Blues. It was a terrific series with some frightening ‘LeafsWest’ moments, but in the end, they prevailed.

But that’s only half the battle. Standing in their way is Edmonton and the Best Player In The World, and so far the Oilers have mostly been standing down. Colorado has looked like a buzzsaw so far winning the first game 8-6 and then putting together a dominant 4-0 win in Game 2. With a backup no less.

In both cases, the two teams just seemed like they were in different leagues playing different sports. Can’t call a series over until a team loses at home, but it’s hard to see Edmonton keeping up with everything Colorado has. After finally getting over the hump and proving they belong, the Avalanche look like they’ve hit another gear.

Sean: Is this what the Avs look like when Nazem Kadri sticks around for the conference final? Kadri has led all players in expected goals in both games (0.82 in Game 1, 1.15 in Game 2). The actual goal count is at one, and he had three assists in 2:04 on Thursday night. Mix that in with a couple more S-tier games from Nathan MacKinnon — one goal, one assist, 10 shots — and they’re going to be 1-for-1 in Round 3.

I’d also be down for a few more games’ worth of The Pavel Francouz Era. Twenty-four saves on 24 shots in Game 2, a goals saved above expected of a little more than 1.00, and he did this.

Might be time for Mike Smith to pass The Wandering Goalie Torch. The fact that Francouz only dabbled in the artform on Thursday night — he didn’t go Full Jacob Markstrom and outdo Smith in the mistakes column — is a great sign for Colorado.

T-2. Tampa Bay Lightning

Series: Down 1-0 against the Rangers
    Last week: 2
    Dom rank: 2
    Sean rank: 3

Top Gun character: Maverick
    They’ve done this before

Dom: Well, we found out the answer to the age-old question of “rest vs. rust” – it’s rust. The Lightning looked nothing like they have all playoffs, playing some awful hockey against the Rangers in Game 1. They were out of sync and just didn’t have it defensively. It was a game to forget.

Fortunately for the Lightning, that’s exactly what they do. They have a championship pedigree that they’ve shown countless times throughout these playoffs and there’s little doubt we won’t see their best side in Game 2. Not a single soul is writing these guys off, not with Andrei Vasileskiy’s post-playoff loss stats in the back of their minds.

What is worrying, though, is the lack of Brayden Point in all of this. When Tampa Bay bounced back in Round 1, Point was a key part of it and his absence looms large. The Lightning never faced an ounce of adversity against the Panthers, so he wasn’t needed then, but against a Rangers team that’s peaking things might be very different.

Tampa Bay has the experience that the other three teams all lack, hence the Maverick comparison, but the Lightning are hardly unbeatable.

Sean: I’m writing this on Thursday night, so I’m fully prepared for the 24-hour shelf-life, but I’ll say it anyway: Andrei Vasilevskiy isn’t perfect. I think his performance this season — nothing great, nothing terrible — flew under the radar, and I think how bad he was for 6 2/3 games against the Maple Leafs has been memory-wiped by how great he was for the 4 1/3 games that came after.

And look, the post-loss stuff for him in the playoffs is real. He’s done more than enough over the last few years to deserve the benefit of the doubt. But the Leafs, much as it pained me to watch in the moment, almost pulled it off, y’know? It’s OK to say that, just like it’s OK to think that the Rangers are capable of getting the ball across the goal line. Would I bet on it? Nope. But it isn’t not an issue.

And if he stops 36-of-37 on Friday night and the Lightning win 4-1, we can forget any of this ever happened.
    T-2. New York Rangers
    Series: Up 1-0 on Tampa Bay
    Last week: 6
    Dom rank: 3
    Sean rank: 2

Top Gun character: Hangman
    A one-man army

Dom: I made a lot of Rangers fans extremely angry with a tweet after Game 7, simply stating that it “must be nice” to face a backup or third-string goalie in every game except one. I didn’t say the wins count less, I didn’t say they didn’t deserve their spot in the conference finals, I didn’t say they shouldn’t enjoy the run – I just said it must be nice. Because it is nice! Very few teams are that fortunate, but good fortune is what all winning teams need en route to the Stanley Cup. Nothing wrong with pointing it out.

Naturally, the Rangers immediately made that tweet age like milk by pumping six goals by some guy named Andrei Vasilevskiy. Of course.

The thing with the Rangers is that no one worth their salt was saying they were a bad team, even with their weak underlying numbers. Their lower standing had more to do with the rest of the East looking a bit stronger – in a more sustainable way anyways. The Rangers could win their way, it’s just other teams had more convincing ways.

But the Rangers built up their depth, and they’re much more than a one-goalie army now. They played extremely well against Carolina and gave the Lightning an unexpected punch in the face in Game 1. They’re getting better as the playoffs roll on and are now only three wins away from the final. It’s been pretty incredible to witness the transformation from paper tiger to legitimate Cup contender.

Sean: It’s rare to see a tweet that ages so badly so quickly. But …

…it happens. That was after MacKinnon went “Temple Run” against the Blues … and a fraction of a second before the Blues went back ahead. Honestly might have happened as I hit “send.” Glad it wasn’t about the Rangers.

Still, it’s one of my favorite moments of the playoffs, because it’s a pastiche of what I most hold dear. It has eeeeverything; Dom being pissy, then getting shown up! Pure schadenfreude! Bad-faith readings by obnoxious weirdos! Context collapse! It’s all awesome. I love it here. Such is life in the Take Economy, I suppose. There are times you’re going to be wrong, and there are times you’re going to look wrong even when you aren’t, technically. It’s all the same in the end.

The reason people seized on that one is that they assumed your tone. What was your intended tone? That’s an answer between you, your god and Frank from White Plains, or whatever. I’m in two camps here — that the Rangers are out in six against basically anyone other than Louis Domingue, and that it couldn’t matter less. That’s why this is fun; they beat the guy in front of them, then they beat the next guy, and now they’re beating the next, next guy. Asterisks on series wins do not exist, and anything is possible in a seven-game series. We’re lucky for that.

And we’re also lucky to watch a team as across-the-board compelling as the Rangers. If nothing else, Game 1’s outcome was a blessing bestowed on me, personally.

Dom: Twitter? Assuming tone? No way. I feel like I’m the same as you: I fire up Twitter without thinking or feeling anything – and just fire something off into the universe. Never did I expect that.
    4. Edmonton Oilers
    Series: Down 2-0 against Colorado
    Last week: 7
    Dom rank: 4
    Sean rank: 4

Top Gun character: Bob
    The butt of many jokes, but who’s laughing now?

Dom: By my rough count the Oilers were 37-3 during the regular season when scoring four or more goals, or a win percentage of 93 percent. In their utterly chaotic playoff run they’ve already lost two games when scoring six goals and are 7-3 when scoring four or more, a win percentage of 70 percent. That’s a huge drop, one that just shouldn’t exist in the playoffs. Scoring four goals should be enough!

That’s the beauty of the Oilers, one of the most fun teams to watch in a long time. They have the best player in the world and a deep group of forwards behind him. But they also have a very weak defense corps and a goalie who can turn into a pumpkin at any given moment. It leads to a lot of exciting action as we saw in Game 1, but in order to go the distance – in this year and any other – the Oilers need more resolve on the backend. Losing two games in one playoffs where the offense put up six feels like proof of that.

Of course, it helps to actually score goals and that’s where things went really wrong in Game 2. Shutout by Pavel Francouz? That’s bad folks. Now they’re down 2-0 and this series is starting to feel close to over already. The Oilers are good, but they’re not Colorado good. There’s a vast chasm between the two – they’re no Rooster.

Sean: This is the first crack we’ve seen in the “Top Gun” gimmick. I’ll leave it at that. And those are some unbelievable stats, mainly because, if you made me guess, I’d have assumed their regular-season, four-plus win percentage would’ve been a lot lower, for all the reasons you outlined. You mix Mike Smith in with a suspect D-corps, and weird, unpleasant stuff is going to happen. For whatever reason, though, that wasn’t the case in the regular season. It’s only now that they’re starting to lose games the way you’d have guessed.

We saw that in Game 1, and we got a different variety in Game 2; they threw up a goose egg against Colorado. Not coincidentally, their most dangerous forwards were Jesse Puljujarvi, Evander Kane and Kailer Yamamoto. If Connor McDavid and Leon Draisaitl aren’t producing, they’re going to lose. It’s reductive but true.

Regarding McDavid specifically, with him on the ice at five-on-five, Edmonton is getting out-attempted 58-43, outshot 36-23, outscored 3-2 and outpaced 65-35 in expected goals percentage (per Natural Stat Trick). If that doesn’t change, the series is over. McDavid isn’t inevitable — he only feels that way. It only seems like he can score at will. He’s the greatest hockey player on Earth, and there’s only one of him. For better or worse.
    5. Carolina Hurricanes
    Series: Lost 4-3 to the Rangers
    Last week: 3
    Dom rank: 5
    Sean rank: 5

Call sign: Brick

They had a brick wall in net — and shot bricks at the other guy.
    6. St. Louis Blues
    Series: Lost 4-2 to Colorado
    Last week: 5
    Dom rank: 6
    Sean rank: 6

Call sign: Bullseye

They can score at will. Also, we were correct about them the whole time.
    7. Calgary Flames
    Series: Lost 4-1 to Edmonton
    Last week: 4
    Dom rank: 7
    Sean rank: 7

Call sign: Farmer

Darryl Sutter has some extra time to clear brush and fix fences out in Viking, Alta.
    8. Florida Panthers
    Eliminated by Tampa Bay
    Last week: 8
    Dom rank: 8
    Sean rank: 8

Call sign: Boomerang

They always came back. In this case, they came all the way back to eighth place.

9. Toronto Maple Leafs

Eliminated by Tampa Bay
    Last week: 9
    Dom rank: 9
    Sean rank: 9

Call sign: Poltergeist

Who needs an exorcism more than they do?
    10. Pittsburgh Penguins
    Eliminated by the Rangers
    Last week: 10
    Dom rank: 10
    Sean rank: 10

Call sign: Goat

Crosby.
    11. Boston Bruins
    Eliminated by Carolina
    Last week: 11
    Dom rank: 11
    Sean rank: 11

Call sign: Ratatouille

That’s what you get when you mix Marchand, Pasta and a lovely French fellow.
    12. Washington Capitals
    Eliminated by Florida
    Last week: 13
    Dom rank: 13
    Sean rank: 13

Call sign: Big Bang

What’s older than this roster?
    13. Dallas Stars
    Eliminated by Calgary
    Last week: 13
    Dom rank: 14
    Sean rank: 12

Call sign: Otter

When you have an emerging star like Jake Oettinger in net, you get to steal his nickname.

14. Minnesota Wild

Eliminated by St. Louis
    Last week: 14
    Dom rank: 12
    Sean rank: 15

Call sign: Thriller

When you have an emerging star like Kirill Kaprizov locked up, you get to steal his nickname.
    15. Los Angeles Kings
    Eliminated by Edmonton
    Last week: 15
    Dom rank: 15
    Sean rank: 14

Call sign: Balloon

They’re rising quickly but could still pop.
    16. Nashville Predators
    Eliminated by Colorado
    Last week: 16
    Dom rank: 16
    Sean rank: 16

Call sign: Juice Box

It’s helpful that the most important player in the franchise, goalie Juuse Saros, has such an easily adaptable name. Also, the fact that we’ve gotten two groups of “Top Gun” pilots without one of of them actually having “Juice Box” as a call sign is shocking.
    17. Vancouver Canucks
    Record: 40-30-11
    Last week: 17
    Dom rank: 18
    Sean rank: 17

Call sign: Zombie

Under Bruce Boudreau, they rose from the dead.
    18. Vegas Golden Knights
    Record: 42-31-8
    Last week: 18
    Dom rank: 17
    Sean rank: 18

Call sign: Snake Eyes

What’s the last thing you want to see in Las Vegas?
    19. Winnipeg Jets
    Record: 37-32-11
    Last week: 19
    Dom rank: 20
    Sean rank: 19

Call sign: Subsonic

They’re already planes — and they’re fast, but not fast enough.
    20. New York Islanders
    Record: 37-34-10
    Last week: 20
    Dom rank: 19
    Sean rank: 20

Call sign: Dangerfield

Once again, they get no respect.
    21. Buffalo Sabres
    Record: 31-39-11
    Last week: 21
    Dom rank: 21
    Sean rank: 21

Call sign: Meatballs

In Don’s honor.
    22. Anaheim Ducks
    Record: 31-36-14
    Last week: 22
    Dom rank: 22
    Sean rank: 22

Call sign: Skillet

“Skill it up.” Thanks, Tyson Nash.
    23. San Jose Sharks
    Record: 32-36-13
    Last week: 23
    Dom rank: 23
    Sean rank: 24

Call sign: Overdraft

That’s what they’re about to do to their cap bank account.
    24. Columbus Blue Jackets
    Record: 37-37-7
    Last week: 24
    Dom rank: 23
    Sean rank: 25

Call sign: Cannon

Self explanatory for anyone who’s ever attended a game in Columbus (or watched one with the sound on).
    25. Ottawa Senators
    Record: 32-42-7
    Last week: 25
    Dom rank: 27
    Sean rank: 24

Call sign: Duffman

26. Detroit Red Wings
    Record: 31-40-10
    Last week: 26
    Dom rank: 26
    Sean rank: 26

Call sign: Mustache

Mustache ➡️ Mo ➡️ Mo Seider ➡️ Moritz Seider
    27. Chicago Blackhawks
    Record: 28-42-11
    Last week: 27
    Dom rank: 28
    Sean rank: 27

Call sign: Villain

They’re wearing that one until future notice.

28. New Jersey Devils

Record: 27-45-9
    Last week: 28
    Dom rank: 25
    Sean rank: 28

Call sign: Swiss Cheese

Just look in net!
    29. Seattle Kraken
    Record: 26-48-6
    Last week: 29
    Dom rank: 29
    Sean rank: 29

Call sign: Sockeye

That’s the species of salmon (stuffed animal) Kraken stars toss into the stands after wins at Climate Pledge Arena — not that they did it all that often this season. It should also be the team’s actual nickname, but that’s another issue.
    30. Philadelphia Flyers
    Record: 25-45-11
    Last week: 30
    Dom rank: 30
    Sean rank: 30

Call sign: Coupon

They’re going to need some serious discounts if they actually want to follow through on this “retool on the fly” thing. Not a lot of cap space to go around. Also … Flyers. Coupons. Get it?
    31. Montreal Canadiens
    Record: 21-49-11
    Last week: 31
    Dom rank: 31
    Sean rank: 31

Call sign: Short King

Two of the most important people in the franchise — Cole Caufield and Martin St. Louis — are 5-foot-8 or shorter.

32. Arizona Coyotes

Record: 24-50-7
    Last week: 32
    Dom rank: 32
    Sean rank: 32

Call sign: Sparky

Why, that’s the Arizona State Sun Devil’s name, of course!

19. Jun 4, 2022 at 10:27 AM
    BTBAKER

Member:
    First Name:
    Brad
    Castle Rock
    Vehicle:
    2023 Ram Rebel
    I believe the AVS have the deepest roster but weakest net minders if they face an eastern team. I hope they get to the cup! It’s been a looong time. The last I was able to enjoy was during the Wings-AVS rivalry. Speaking of that, ESPN has a documentary coming out on that rivalry which looks to be awesome.

e30cabrio[QUOTED] likes this.
  20. Jun 4, 2022 at 11:38 AM
    T-Rex266

T-Rex266 Elon approved Staff Member

Member:
    Can’t wait for tonight’s Avs game!

BTBAKER and e30cabrio like this.
  21. Jun 4, 2022 at 7:51 PM
    BTBAKER

Member:
    First Name:
    Brad
    Castle Rock
    Vehicle:
    2023 Ram Rebel
    Edmonton is a bunch of hacks. One line and done. Karma is happening for signing that goon Kane.

T-Rex266 likes this.
  22. Jun 4, 2022 at 7:55 PM
    e30cabrio

Member:
    Vehicle:
    They say you're not in trouble until you lose at home. Guess Edmonton's in trouble.

23. Jun 4, 2022 at 8:04 PM
    T-Rex266

Member:
    Avsssss

BTBAKER and BravoDeltaRomeo like this.
  24. Jun 4, 2022 at 8:04 PM
    BravoDeltaRomeo

BravoDeltaRomeo Old Man Little Blue Finger

Member:
    First Name:
    Bruce
    MB Canada
    Vehicle:
    2019 Cavalry Blue Tundra CM
    He was a knob in Wpg and he's a knob in Edm. I hope he gets a suspension for the hit.

Oilers are done.

BTBAKER[QUOTED] likes this.
  25. Jun 4, 2022 at 8:06 PM
    csuviper

csuviper Moderator Staff Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Broomfield, CO
    Vehicle:
    2019 TRD Sport CM 5.7L 4X4
    Some Mods :) See build thread for details
  26. Jun 5, 2022 at 8:54 AM
    e30cabrio

Member:
    Vehicle:
  27. Jun 5, 2022 at 9:03 AM
    csuviper

csuviper Moderator Staff Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Broomfield, CO
    Vehicle:
    2019 TRD Sport CM 5.7L 4X4
    Some Mods :) See build thread for details
    8B7A6276-6FA4-414B-AF47-F3B920B42FDB.jpg

BTBAKER likes this.
  28. Jun 6, 2022 at 8:19 PM
    T-Rex266

Member:
    Woot!

MS22 and BTBAKER like this.
  29. Jun 6, 2022 at 8:34 PM
    BTBAKER

Member:
    First Name:
    Brad
    Castle Rock
    Vehicle:
    2023 Ram Rebel
    Nighty nite Edmonton. Out classed. Colorado is a deep team and Edmonton just couldn’t match it.
    Much respect for Mcdavid. Goes out and just plays. Absolute bad ass.

Kane can kiss my ass. Edmonton should let him walk.

BravoDeltaRomeo and T-Rex266 like this.
  30. Jun 6, 2022 at 9:30 PM
    Lovetrucks

Lovetrucks Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryan
    Vehicle:
    2019 Ram Rebel
    I'm interested to see how the AV's do against an actual good goalie .

Cpl_Punishment likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top