1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

The Land Yacht 2.0 - Army Green TRD Pro Build

Discussion in '2.5 Gen Tundras (2014-2021)' started by the_midwesterner, Sep 7, 2017.

1. Jul 26, 2020 at 1:17 PM
    the_midwesterner

the_midwesterner [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Luis
    Vehicle:
    2016 Tundra TRD Pro - Quicksand
    None, yet....
    Keeping it in the Toyota fam, it’s another tundra.

2. Aug 6, 2020 at 9:20 AM
    ka1sersoze

ka1sersoze Newish

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Vehicle:
    '20 DC 4x4 limited TRD cement
    3" toytec coils,18x9 fuel tactic, 35s
    Just binge read this entire thread, thank you for documenting this amazing journey! If you are off-roading from Portland assuming you will be passing through Idaho? I'd show you around but I'm just learning the trails here. Stay safe, looking forward to the next chapter.

3. Oct 1, 2020 at 3:25 PM
    the_midwesterner

Member:
    First Name:
    Luis
    Vehicle:
    None, yet....
    Introducing #landyacht2point0

quarter view.jpg

I know some folks still follow/read this, so I figured id update it with the latest.

It took me forever to find this truck at the price that I wanted to pay, so after I found it and purchased it, we decided to do a cross country off-road trip to go get it and drive it back offroad. All during a "pandemic" and while most of the west was literally on fire.... This meant that it needed some mods to make sure it would survive the trip and not have catastrophic damage. What could go wrong.....?!?!?!

First and foremost was prep. I shipped BFG tires, coachbuilder shims, Jomax Customs ABS Guards, ICS Fab dash mount, and a couple of other miscellaneous items up to a local buddy of mine in Washington. Then we got on the road and stopped by Hefty Fab for some prototype skids (available soon) and sliders, then onward to Washington state. We drove for 2 solid days to get up there from Kansas. Twas a long ass haul!

Skids.jpg

Anyway, we get there, wrench on the truck for a solid day and install everything. From there, we took off for the offroading part of the trip. We headed south and west to get to the pacific ocean and start our trip. We wheeled most of Oregon and then onto Idaho. Through the trip, we effectively couldn't see a whole lot and were absolutely suffocating in the smoke. We made sure recirc was on and powered through. Unfortunately, we skipped large portions of this because of the fires and soon after, they started shutting down national forests. Don't worry, we were in there when it was still legal.

side.jpg

map.jpg

After we finished Oregon, we hit Idaho. Southern Idaho is boring AF. At least the parts that we went through. Nothing but dirt roads around mounds and such. Sorry no pics. We didn't spend as much time in Idaho as we did in Oregon, because by this time the smoke was so bad everywhere, that we were struggling. We got past Boise and made the call that we needed to bail to get away from it. We aired up and got on the highway headed south. After we got going, we all made the decision that Moab would be our destination. We really had our fingers crossed that there would be no smoke there. Although it took us hours to get out of it, we eventually got to Moab and it was basically clear. So Moab it is.

overlook.jpg

Moab is basically epic. I had never been before and it will now be a place I go back to often. That place is legit. Anyway, we did Hell's Revenge, touched He'lls gate, escalator and Mickey's hot tub. We actually drove on the edge of the hot tube. Unfortunately, we "took it easy" by doing these trails and didn't hit the big obstacles. I totally would have done escalator if we didn't have an 18 hr drive THE next day.

Escalator.jpg

hot tub.jpg

pic 4.jpg

pic 3.jpg
    pic.jpg

After Moab, our time was basically up, so we decided to pack up and start the trek back home.

I have a big move across the country coming up, so I don't expect many changes or wheeling trips, but I'll post up to keep a log if the happen. Baja 1000 is still not out of the question this year, since we are being asked to crew for some guys racing it this year. Hopefully they keep the car alive long enough for it to actually go down. 2021 and 2022 should be cool though. I am hoping for big changes.

Till next time.

300BLK, Terndrerrr, KENNY and 3 others like this.
  4. Oct 1, 2020 at 3:33 PM
    TheBeast

TheBeast The Beach

Member:
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    awesome ! been waiting for the update :)
    35" KM3 ? how did they perform ? they are on my short list for next set of tires.

the_midwesterner[OP] likes this.
  5. Oct 1, 2020 at 6:24 PM
    the_midwesterner

Member:
    First Name:
    Luis
    Vehicle:
    None, yet....
    295/70r18s officially. 35x12.50s won’t fit unfortunately. I have the old set of the quicksand truck still. I tried to fit them and it was a hard no. They are for sale if you’re interested though. The 295s still rub with a shim on it. Otherwise, it’s my favorite tire. Road noise is minimal, traction on both dry and wet is great, and it also cleans out in the mud. I probably won’t run any other tire for a good while.

Terndrerrr and TheBeast[QUOTED] like this.
  6. Mar 17, 2021 at 8:01 AM
    nomad_dave

nomad_dave New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Vehicle:
    2021 Tundra Ltd double cab
    OME BP-51,SPC UCAs
    I know sometimes life forces us to focus in other directions but I am really curious how 2.0 truck build is going. Now that you have had one built to the mid travel max and have a chance to do it again I will be interested in what doesn't get modded as much as what does. You have more insight now into the very important build question, do I need this mod? I am building a mountain camper rig and everything has to be as light as possible. What is the goal or intended use of land yacht 2 point 0?

Last edited: Mar 18, 2021
    ka1sersoze likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top