1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

What do you eat in a day?

Discussion in 'Sports, Hobbies & Interests' started by GODZILLA, Feb 10, 2023.

1. Feb 10, 2023 at 6:45 AM
    blackoutt

blackoutt YEAH BUDDY!

Member:
    Indy
    Vehicle:
    07 DC Long Bed - Old Man Tan
    OEM+
    I lost a ton of weight going keto for a few months. BUT I'm still convinced it was only because I was so satiated from calorie dense foods. Was mainly using myfitnesspal to track macros at first but started watching calorie count, CI<CO=lost weight after the initial keto water weight/bloat drop.

2. Feb 10, 2023 at 6:52 AM
    jsf343

jsf343 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    jeff
    Vehicle:
    soon 2023 toyota TRD pro
    I have watched a few of his videos and really think he some solid advice. Trying to do some IF myself but not easy

3. Feb 10, 2023 at 1:04 PM
    GODZILLA

GODZILLA [OP] Hail to the King, Baby.

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    2023 Solar Octane TRD Pro TACOMA, 2022 Honda CB500X
    Trying not to mod it
    Oh, 100% a calorie deficit is what burns off the fat. The trouble with straight starvation style diets is that 95% don't last and the fat comes back. Going for something keto or carnivore is supposed to let you eat to satiaty, but because of the foods it takes fewer calories to reach it and attain the deficit without the persistent hunger. Fasting has similar effects, though, and that would be similar to what you are saying, I think?

4. Feb 10, 2023 at 1:07 PM
    TaquitoBandito

TaquitoBandito SSEM #91, KitKat Aficionado, A Dancer for Money Exotic Dancer

Member:
    First Name:
    Joel (AKA Bif)
    Vehicle:
    2020 Army Green TRD Pro Crewmax
    Retrax Pro XR, Desert Eagle Plate, Seat Jackers, Kenwood DMX1037S
    Sounds like a @Fotnot answer. You get hacked?o_O

5. Feb 10, 2023 at 1:10 PM
    Fotnot

Fotnot SSEM #69; LRCS#1

Member:
    First Name:
    Andy
    SW Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    2021 Sequoia TRD PRO Lunar Rock
    Swimmers gonna swim
    I don't make my own juice....but have been juiced

6. Feb 10, 2023 at 1:11 PM
    TaquitoBandito

Member:
    First Name:
    Joel (AKA Bif)
    Vehicle:
    I've read the only diet that works is the one that you can do. The only thing that has helped me is moving more, drinking lots of water, exercising regularly, and trying to make every meal count (trying to focus more on proteins). I don't deny myself sweets (hello KitKats) but I do my best to limit them.

Regardless of what you do, stay flexible and don't get frustrated.

bflooks, PolishedTRD and GODZILLA[OP] like this.
  7. Feb 10, 2023 at 1:12 PM
    TaquitoBandito

Member:
    First Name:
    Joel (AKA Bif)
    Vehicle:
    Hi Andy!

:wave:

8. Feb 13, 2023 at 11:55 PM
    GODZILLA

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    Trying not to mod it
    $Carnivore

Now, full disclosure, the carnivore diet appeals to me as Dr. Berry presents it. That aside, there was a bombshell regarding kidney and heart health and how recommendations have changed in the dead of night with no announcement in this podcast. I've got it set to start at about 14:50 and it's quite interesting. Very interesting and if you have time or interest I would definitely suggest listening from start to finish.

https://youtu.be/993JFlmfNzc?t=891

Does anyone have other similar discussions on other diets?

At 43:52 he says that the diet he promotes is good for weight gain as well.

hollymolly likes this.
  9. Feb 14, 2023 at 12:30 AM
    Tripleconpanna

Tripleconpanna Just an X who bought Bud Light from Target

Member:
    PNW
    Vehicle:
    2021 TRD PRO CM; 2008 SR5 CM
    Wait.... I heard fitness model :D:D:D

10. Feb 14, 2023 at 12:58 AM
    Tripleconpanna

Tripleconpanna Just an X who bought Bud Light from Target

Member:
    PNW
    Vehicle:
    2021 TRD PRO CM; 2008 SR5 CM
    G.... so, how short are you?? (just curious)

11. Feb 14, 2023 at 1:00 AM
    GODZILLA

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    Trying not to mod it
    5'6" without shoes if I don't slouch.

12. Feb 14, 2023 at 1:26 AM
    GODZILLA

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    Trying not to mod it
    I'm interested in what else you do diet wise with your juicing and your personal experience with it. I'm gonna be nosy, so please don't take offense. If you don't mind sharing, and if you don't want it public please PM, would you mind answering these questions? Numbered for easy correlation of your answers if you number them too. Be as specific or as general as you are comfortable with. I'm not trying to put anyone on the spot.

1. Bio basics for reference? Age or age range, sex, height, and personal body assessment (fat, fit, lean, muscular, etc.)
    2. What's a typical meal/juice schedule for you? Portions, times consumed, etc.
    3. What is you general exercise regimen? Has it always been this way?
    4. When you started your current diet?
    5. Do you suffer from any of the symptoms/conditions that so many claim going full vegan or full carnivore has reduced/cured? Examples:
      • GI issues
      • Arthritis
      • Autoimmune disorders like celiac disease
      • Prediabetic or Type 2 diabetic
      • General fatigue
      • Mental health such as depression or anxiety
    6. What other diets have you used, and general results?

Taco-Spike[QUOTED] likes this.
  13. Feb 14, 2023 at 1:31 AM
    TrashcanBand

TrashcanBand New Member

Member:
    CenTex
    Vehicle:
    Tundra
    Currently in a transitional period between fat kid diet and carnivore. I’ve cut sugars completely, cold turkey, and carbs probably 85-90%. Trying to avoid any bad cases of “keto flu” as I work to phase out carbs. Eating meat is fun. Sugar cravings are not.

GODZILLA[OP] likes this.
  14. Feb 14, 2023 at 1:52 AM
    GODZILLA

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    Trying not to mod it
    One of the things I've seen recommended is keeping the electrolytes up. General consensus is that it helps the "flu" and the cravings. Keep us posted on the journey, and if you're willing, same questions I asked @Taco-Spike in post 42.

15. Feb 14, 2023 at 2:17 AM
    Eborseti22

Eborseti22 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Evan
    Vehicle:
    2020 Toyota Tundra TRD Offroad

This 100%.

you have to commit to a lifestyle of healthy, not a diet. Diets are not intended to be maintained for life, they are short alternatives to changing eating habits. Eating healthy, intermittent fasting, and giving up alcohol dropped me 30lbs in 2 months. I actually had to focus on eating after the 2 months because I was used to the absence of food for extended periods of time and I wasn’t snacking.

giving up alcohol isn’t for everyone, so I get that. I did for health reasons, probably one of the best things I’ve ever done, honestly.

whatever “diet” you chose, try to make it sustainable. That means don’t stress yourself out if you have a bad day or couple days. If it’s a bad week or two weeks, then it’s not the “diet” for you.

16. Feb 14, 2023 at 2:23 AM
    GODZILLA

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    Trying not to mod it
    Right! That's part of why I had to clarify that I mean diet in the sense of nutritional intake rather than the attempt to lose weight through food changes. That's one of the reasons that I am personally attracted to the carnivore diet is my biggest struggle has always been satiety. Supporters of the carnivore approach all say that you wind up feeling plenty full and naturally wind up fasting because you just simply aren't hungry. As a lifelong fat kid that is a foreign concept. Fasting has always been an act of self imposed starvation and suffering, and never feeling full was always the answer to not being fat. I plan to give it a go, and I hope to finally not be a slave to food cravings because I get to have food I love, and not just a bite or two. I'll definitely share more when implemented and how it turns out for me.

I've edited the first post to try and better convey this point.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2023
    Eborseti22[QUOTED] likes this.
  17. Feb 14, 2023 at 3:12 AM
    Eborseti22

Eborseti22 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Evan
    Vehicle:
    2020 Toyota Tundra TRD Offroad

Absolutely. Weight management through a healthy lifestyle is always better than fluctuating due to diet! I’ve always had a healthy but corrupt mindset. I ate what I wanted when I wanted, but compensated by working out like a lunatic. I was never ripped or shredded or anything like that, but healthy.

I tried intermittent fasting a while back and did it in stints. 3 days a week to get accustomed to it, and man was that a struggle! I would be watching the clock with my food sitting on the counter like a dog waiting to attack. Thinking back it was pretty comical.

took me a week or two to finally get my body used to it. But once I did, I no longer struggled with the fasting, pounds started to drop, and overall felt better. Mental clarity was pretty significant. Especially in the mornings.

anyway that’s my ramble, but the point was that it can be tough making that kind of change. Takes your body time to adjust before you know if you can sustain it. And most importantly don’t beat yourself up over it. Your already ahead of most of the people out there by recognizing you can make a change to be healthier and are pursuing it.

18. Feb 14, 2023 at 4:57 AM
    Taco-Spike

Taco-Spike Gateway from Tacoma World ~ ended up here

Member:
    Vehicle:
    16 Tacoma TRD Sport DCSB / 17 Tundra 5.7L 4X4 CM
    Two Trucks
    I’ll Pm you. Might take me a while to cover all the info lol

GODZILLA[QUOTED][OP] likes this.
  19. Feb 14, 2023 at 7:16 AM
    Toyotoholic

Toyotoholic -4Life-

Member:
    First Name:
    Jmz
    Vehicle:
    17' MGM
    Pro suspension, sways
    I have integrated intermittent fasting to my life (OMAD, 22/2, 20/4, 18/6) for 5+ years and I will never go back to eating the typical breakfast/lunch/dinner. Initially, I started OMAD to find a way to change my body but I ended up losing more than I wanted to. I pushed it beyond my goal because wanted to see what was actually possible with my body. I lost 72lbs in 8months but found i didn't feel like me. So, I then varied the program (adjusted window timing lengths) to balance my food/weight/workouts to a comfortable point where I felt good strength, flexibility and fitness level. I settled in knowing that consistency and patience are the keys to a successful mind/body lifestyle.

Consistent exercise by being active daily and always being mindful of your daily intake. You don't have to go crazy in the gym for 3 hours or count every calorie, but remember every calorie counts both going in and burning off. The benefits of intermittent fasting far outweigh it's restrictions, and once acclimated to the timing of things and being patient, you will clearly see them. I don't think I would ever return to the 3 meal a day or traditional schedule of consuming unnecessary food at unnecessary times ever again. But I always allow my self to enjoy food and especially on any occasion that would contradict the fasting timing, I will always partake in eating (just portion controlled).

So I think less of it as a diet of food restrictions and more of a lifestyle where I get to eat whatever I want as long as I exercise daily and just don't overeat! If you have patience and try to better understand more about how your body and mind respond to activities, how you eat, when you eat and what you eat, you will undoubtedly find a balance. I'm 50 years old, fit, flexible and most importantly I don't feel that I'm "on a diet" I just feel damn good about what I do for my mind and body daily.

20. Feb 14, 2023 at 5:50 PM
    TrashcanBand

TrashcanBand New Member

Member:
    CenTex
    Vehicle:
    Tundra

21. Feb 14, 2023 at 6:05 PM
    GODZILLA

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    Trying not to mod it
    Guess I should add my own if I'm asking others.

1. 38, Male, 5'6" and fat
    2. It's a mess. I'm addicted to food for several reasons.
    3. None. Hate it. It's always been unpleasant, and a bit of an effed up childhood instilled a sense of dread and hopelessness for self improvement attempts.
    4. Raised with a "clean your plate" rule and, though not announced, eating more and faster was considered to be better. You "won" if you could out eat somebody.
    5. Oddly enough, no to most of these issues except the last two. Fatigue because that's what happens when you have no cardio, and depression and anxiety are my normal states.
    6. As previously stated, brief bit of no carb attempt years ago with no real results. Probably did it wrong. A few years ago I did Nutrisystem and I did lose weight but it was just an expensive starvation diet. Cravings never went away, and it was unsustainable.

If going keto/carnivore can help me lose some weight, I am actually finding some active things to do that I enjoy. Kayaking (I know, hardly a major workout) is something I've really found I like, and I have a good friend who wants me to mountain bike with him. I don't want to, but I'm tired of being fat. I couldn't give a shit less if I die early, but I'd at least like to be more comfortable for the time that I am here. The whole thing about depression and anxiety going away from the diet sounds like snake oil to me, but I sure wouldn't mind if it was true.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2023
    Taco-Spike and TrashcanBand like this.
  22. Feb 15, 2023 at 11:35 AM
    Notarobot

Notarobot Jagged lines!

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2013 CM
    I had my Dr appointment today. I've lost a couple more lbs since early January (work related stress). I asked about a diet regimen and it was suggested high protein, low fat.

The good news is I LOVE our airfryer. The bad news is I'm not creative when it comes to food. I always end up making everything super spicy (Habs, gp, scorpion, and occasionally reaper) and call it flavor. :confused:

EDIT: My gf is an AMAZING cook and had me trying tons of new flavors, but she's involuntarily vegetarian so it's up to me to come up with the flavoring.

I guess I have the opposite situation as @GODZILLA . I only eat because I have to. I have very little interest in food.

My first step was buying a deep freezer and buying meats in bulk for vacuum sealing and easy proportions. Now I'm ready to take the next step er... bite.

Ideally I'd like to double my recommended protein requirements and 1.5x my carb requirements WITHOUT the whey protein shakes. I'm pork intolerant and can only have minimal amounts of red meats (medical condition), which leaves chicken, turkey, eggs, dairy, fish.

Taco-Spike and GODZILLA[OP] like this.
  23. Feb 15, 2023 at 11:59 AM
    GODZILLA

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    Trying not to mod it
    Can you have shellfish? Crab and shrimp smothered in butter is a good way to stack it on. Lol

Eggs are one of your most nutrient dense options. I would say fried in bacon grease is a quick easy thing if not for your inability to eat pork. Still, they are great protein.

Notarobot[QUOTED] likes this.
  24. Feb 15, 2023 at 12:24 PM
    Notarobot

Notarobot Jagged lines!

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2013 CM

Shellfish is disgusting lmao. "Two fingers behind the tongue" kinda stuff.

I can eat bacon for some reason (probably from curing salts???). We use bacon grease in our popcorn. When we do breakfast I always do fried eggs in bacon grease.

25. Mar 13, 2023 at 8:27 AM
    taniyatmadden

taniyatmadden New Member

Member:
    Thanks for starting this thread! It's great to see people sharing their experiences and knowledge about diets. I agree that it's important to have a separate discussion about diets, as they play a crucial role in our overall health.
    I wanted to add that if anyone is looking for more resources on health and wellness, they should check out Reverse Health. It's a website that offers a variety of articles, videos, and podcasts on topics related to health, nutrition, and fitness. They also have a section on diets that provides in-depth information on popular diets like keto, paleo, and vegetarian.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2023
  26. Apr 21, 2023 at 1:38 PM
    GODZILLA

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    Trying not to mod it
  27. Dec 28, 2023 at 3:02 AM
    GODZILLA

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    Trying not to mod it
    Video dump!

I figured I’d share some of the videos I found helpful in my internet wanderings. None of this is medical advice, none of this is meant as “you must do it THIS WAY,” or anything like that. This is purely the stuff I found that I used to decide on my diet choices.

I made it approximately 2 months on full carnivore with a couple slip ups (had a sandwich one day, and ate some chips a week or two later) before I was knocked off the wagon completely. In that time I dropped two holes on my belt, had more energy, had little to no knee/joint pain, less frequent headaches, and it helped with my anxiety and overall mood moderation. It’s been about 7 months and I am easing back into the diet myself, because I want to ditch the headaches and joint pain, and losing weight will certainly be a boon.

Remember, health is individual and you may find great results with more flexibility, but if you are going down the carnivore path I highly recommend doing a 90 commitment to strict carnivore. It’ll be like a delicious buttery cleanse that you can build from if you want to eat more than just delicious critters later on.

This is a longer video, same one from post 5, but this was the video that made me take the leap. Good insight to how he came to the carnivore conclusion starts around 34:27.
    https://youtu.be/cXbKMwdLz5M

Carnivore labs

https://youtu.be/ZqLsPIPvAkg

Tips to start Carnivore

https://youtu.be/4WyhcJBh8kE

Carnivore on a budget

https://youtu.be/EGnfoD35m6c

Why eggs aren’t scary! (but mangoes are) Previously shown in post 11 of this thread, it's from the same guy who interviewed Dr. Berry in the first video.

https://youtu.be/1Hh25TRG8p4

Carnivore diet mistakes

https://youtu.be/xE383evpvXM

Carnivore what I eat in a week from a 5.5 year carnivore. She has added some additional items, so it’s not a strict carnivore. Think long term potential for sustained health.

https://youtu.be/vTC4P9zxZeE

If you’re fat like me then loose skin is going to be something that has to be tackled after a lot of weight loss.

https://youtu.be/KWh4qeVEaqw

Last edited: Dec 28, 2023
    PolishedTRD likes this.
  28. Feb 12, 2024 at 5:51 PM
    GODZILLA

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    Trying not to mod it
    CaptRussia253 and PolishedTRD like this.
  29. Feb 12, 2024 at 6:27 PM
    cran2

cran2 New Member

Member:
    Folly Beach, SC
    Vehicle:
    07 Crewmax 4x4 and 03 Sequoia 4x4
    Meat based! Cut the carbs from your diet your body will burn the fat.
    This summer, not fat by a long stretch, but wasn’t feeling great about myself, 49, and wanting to regain the a few of the glory days haha, I found the grass fed beef, fruit, eggs and dairy with honey or real maple syrup as sweeteners diet.
    I quite drinking too, but was shocked at how fast my body burned off the fat.
    @paulsaladinomd on IG is who I basically ate like.
    I ate that way until thanksgiving and then went back to eating whatever and drinking beer/wine…within a month I could see the fat coming back.

Terndrerrr likes this.
  30. Feb 12, 2024 at 6:34 PM
    GODZILLA

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    Trying not to mod it
    Yup. I was on Carnivore for almost 2 months and felt great. That was almost a year ago, and I got derailed by life stuff. I feel like shit now and I'm moving to get back into the diet. Sugar is terrible, so I'm trying my damnedest to avoid it. I'm planning to fast on my last night shift of this hitch, and break that fast in full carnivore swing. Tired of being fat, but too lazy for the gym. LOL

cran2[QUOTED] likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top