1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Texas residents - best beach vacation spots?

Discussion in 'Texas' started by Atomic City Tundra, Mar 4, 2019.

1. Mar 4, 2019 at 11:34 AM
    TXRailRoadBandit73

TXRailRoadBandit73 YOTAS,RAILROADIN',RÖKnRÖLLN',BEER,MAX/GEMMA

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    The 956, TEXAS
    None yet
    That's where I want my ashes spread when I go

ColoradoTJ[QUOTED] likes this.
  2. Mar 4, 2019 at 11:39 AM
    goldldr

goldldr New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Andy
    Spring,TX
    Vehicle:
    2019 SR5 CrewMax (Cavalry Blue)
    South Padre is nice, but often over crowded and a very long drive for me in Houston. My Fav beach town was Pt Aransas, but havent been since Harvey so not sure what it is now. Rockport is also fun, but same as the last. Havent been there since Harvey. Galveston is a fun town, but it's beaches aren't very inspiring. There is a ton to do in Galveston, so it may make up for the beaches.

3. Mar 4, 2019 at 11:58 AM
    Atomic City Tundra

Atomic City Tundra [OP] Cam Tower Leak Addict

Member:
    First Name:
    Devin
    New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    2013 Tundra 5.7FFV CM 4X4

Wanting to keep it in the states.

4. Mar 4, 2019 at 12:33 PM
    Deuxlatch

Deuxlatch AirBus

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris (Latch)
    Tomball, Tx./Lafayette, La.
    Vehicle:
    2010 Super White Tundra CM
    TRD Supercharger, TRD Big Brake kit, MotoMetal wheels, Undercover Tonneau with dual swing out saddle bag tool boxes.
    North Padre has decent beaches and a state park you can camp at, with showers and bathrooms. South Padre seems to cater more to the party crowd, kinda like Panama City Beach in Florida. Corpus is more family friendly but like Galveston is very crowded. Best beaches bar none would be in Florida or anything east of the Mississippi, but I suggest flying, not driving from NM.

5. Mar 4, 2019 at 12:45 PM
    TXRailRoadBandit73

TXRailRoadBandit73 YOTAS,RAILROADIN',RÖKnRÖLLN',BEER,MAX/GEMMA

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    The 956, TEXAS
    None yet
    Well we have Padre Island, but there is Boca Chica Beach (Spanish for, Small Mouth) still in Texas, but it's where the Rio Grande River comes out into the Gulf of Mexico, as a kid and now when I go visit my mom, I'll take a drive to it, people go to it but not as much cause there are no shops stores on way to it, you have to pack all your items with, for the hardcore camper, two ways to drive, south to see the RGR flow out into GoM, or north to the jetties where lots of fisherman fish off of and Laguna Madre flows out into GoM as well, to access this beach since you said your flying, you'd fly into Brownsville, Texas which is way closer to this beach as well as Padre Island or you fly into Harlingen, Tx where I'm from that's a further drive to both bout an hour n half, Padre Island has all the shops, stores, restaurants and hotels for the first 10 miles up north, after that, there are few access points you pay to drive up the beach, you can drive a car or van or truck for most of the beach but there are parts where 4wd is needed, same for Boca Chica, the further north you drive on Padre the less people, there are some access points on Padre that where all the hotels are at you park and walk out to beach, if you go south on Padre there is Isla Blanca Beach (White Beach) where you pay as well to access, but this place has all the RV lots when you pass that up there a place to park and walk to beach few yards, this has the beach chairs and umbrellas to rent also a covered patio area to eat, showers also jetties to fish off of and the other side you'll see the Boca Chica jetties, (back to Padre going north) after all hotels you can drive up about 30-40 miles and comes to an end by jetties can't drive any further, my best advice if you rent a vehicle rent a 4wd if possible

Last edited: Mar 4, 2019
  6. Mar 5, 2020 at 5:45 PM
    SuperWhite20

SuperWhite20 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Georgetown TX
    Vehicle:
    2020 Tundra Crewmax SR5 4X4
    TRD Sway bar. Deck Rails, Maxliner rear floor mat, Driver side grab handle. Dee Zee bed mat
    Island House Condominiums in Corpus Christi.

Products Discussed in

To Top