1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Technical Information System Website Question

Discussion in 'General Tundra Discussion' started by METHOS987, Jul 26, 2016.

1. Jul 26, 2016 at 2:47 PM
    METHOS987

METHOS987 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Hey everyone, just recently bought my new 2016 tundra (love it more than the Tacoma). I still have the 2 years of Toyota care left and plan on attempting to do maintenance myself after. I can do the basics, but would need guidance for anything advanced.

My question is, I would like to buy a 3 days pass from the Technical Information System website, are the manuals good enough with detail and could i download a lot of the stuff within the 3 days?

2. Jul 26, 2016 at 5:04 PM
    LOTSOFTOYS

LOTSOFTOYS Toyota Whisperer

Member:
    First Name:
    Jace
    Mile high
    Vehicle:
    2005 Tundra DBL cab
    Probably yes. But for an oil change I'd just watch youtube

3. Jul 26, 2016 at 5:59 PM
    bobeast

bobeast really old member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Hollister, CA
    Vehicle:
    2008 DC
    - Bull Bar - LED Bunny Burners - AMP retractable running boards - Headlight leveling retrofit - P3 Brake Controller - 60% rear seat delete - relocation of Sub to rear wall - Bilstein 5100 x4, top setting with 2 shims per side - Coach builder +2 rear shackles w/carrier bearing drop - Firestone Air bags - on-board compressor with auto-leveling - Dual Undercover Swing Boxes. - P285/65/R20 (34.6") BFG TA KO2's - TRD Front skid plate - Pop & Lock Tailgate lock - Remote Tailgate mod - LED Headlights - Nav Bypass - iPhone integration - Serius/XM retrofit - 25% front tint - Bizon electric tonneau cover - Power folding tow mirror upgrade - 2010+ leveling Headlight mod - Auto-fold mirror mod. - one-touch lane changer mod - Flash to open garage opener mod - Rigid H/L fog light upgrade - Pushbutton / Remote start mod.
    This forum is likely the best manual you're ever going to come across. If you do any electrical mods at all you're going to want to pick up a hard-copy wiring manual (they're available on eBay). I've found TIS difficult to navigate, but you can find what you are looking for if you are persistent.

One of the first mods to consider when you start doing your own maintenance is a TRD front skid plate. It has an oil-change hatch, so you don't have to remove the entire skid plate just to change the oil.

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
    Black Wolf likes this.
  4. Jul 26, 2016 at 6:03 PM
    METHOS987

METHOS987 [OP] New Member

Member:
    I agree about the amount of knowledge on this site. I was just thinking if i had to take something about and put it back together and forgot a step or something. Plus all the torque specs for everything.

Products Discussed in

To Top