1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Talk me out of a 2019 Tacoma Trd Pro

Discussion in '2.5 Gen Tundras (2014-2021)' started by TundraLaw, Sep 4, 2018.

1. Sep 5, 2018 at 6:27 PM
    Grumpy Uncle

Grumpy Uncle Pushing string down the hall SSEM #10

Member:
    First Name:
    Pat
    CO
    Vehicle:
    2016 Black CM Tundra TRD Off Road
    4:88s and Auburn LSD, dealership faux Pro, 35" BFGs on XD wheels, OME Lift with Dakars
    I been without my Tundra for 2 or 3 weeks now. I have been driving my wifes T4R and my sons Tacoma. Tundras in the body shop
    At 0430 or 0500 in the morning I think, man i miss my Tundra, as I'm driving to work. When the sun is out and I am on the road again and I see at least 15 Tundras on the way home, i think to myself, man I miss my Tundra.
    When I get home and get out of either vehicle, I say to myself, man I miss my Tundra.
    Repeat the cycle daily. Notice the pattern, I miss my Tundra.
    You will too!

2. Sep 5, 2018 at 6:39 PM
    Capt J-Rod

Capt J-Rod New Member

Member:
    Ohio
    Vehicle:
    2018 Cement TRD Off Road Crew Max SR5 Tundra
    Husky Floor Mats, Diamond back lid, Coverking seat covers, More gas.
    I kept my '15 taco... It runs around town and will serve as my winter truck. There is NO comparison between power, comfort, and ride in the tundra. I wasn't really ready for a tundra but I want to avoid the next "update" if they decide to change transmissions or other bullshit chasing down 1-2 mpg. Fuel wise the taco gets 16-18 and the tundra gets 14-17. The comfort and power makes the difference in the fuel tab vaporize.

TacoWuzzaTurd likes this.
  3. Sep 5, 2018 at 7:05 PM
    cch2a

cch2a New Member

Member:
    Yeah it seems the majority either love or hate the taco. I'm surprised it wasn't successful for you as the vast majority of people are saying it made a huge difference. However the Tundra is a beast and once you drive what I consider to be a very good V8 to a good 6spd Auto it's hard to go back. I'm sure I wouldn't miss the Tacoma gadgets as much if I could have justified the Platinum vs my fairly basic SR5 Tundra. I had always had base level cars but splurged on the Tacoma getting it fully loaded and I am surprised how much I liked all the little details. Mainly push button start, heated seats, and the touch door unlock feature. But end of the day the Tundra is a matured platform with a good V8 and room for your family and about 3 other families.

TacoWuzzaTurd[QUOTED] likes this.
  4. Sep 5, 2018 at 9:03 PM
    lionix

lionix The Grey Moose!

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Cape May, New Jersey
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tundra TRD Pro CM Cement
    BD Lights, Any Time Fog, Coachbuilder, Pelfreybilt, Bakflip, Custom Bed Rack w/ Tent
    Im 6'7" i fit in my buddy's taco, but the Tundra is a ton more comfortable.

TacoWuzzaTurd likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top