1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Tail lights out fuse not blown

Discussion in 'General Tundra Discussion' started by BOBONTUESDAY, Feb 9, 2019.

1. Oct 28, 2021 at 8:45 PM
    NueveTundra

NueveTundra Mod list in Bio

Member:
    Planet Earth
    Vehicle:
    07, Black Tundra SR5 CrewMax
    Exterior: Toytec ultimate 3" lift level, Total Chaos Uniball UCA's, Total Chaos Cam Tab Gusset kit, AcanII smoked headlights, AcanII smoke Tail lights (2.5 gen style), DV8 front winch bumper , Badlands 12k winch with Apex Synthetic, White AUTMATCH Shackles 3/4" D Ring Shackle, Apex Winch shackle, Trail Ridge mirrors ,Icon Rebound Pro 17"x8.5" +25, Cooper Discovery STT Pro 285/70R17, PowerStop drilled n slotted rotors W/Carbon pads, Rigid flood flush mounts rear bumper , WeatherTec rain guards , OEM black side badges , Rigid Amber Radiance Pods. Energy Suspension Red Rack and Pinion Bushings, EAG front mesh Grille, RCI HighLift bed mounts. Rough Country DS2 Steps, A.R.E OverLand Canopy with Ascend basket, Stickers: ToyTec lifts windshield banner, Red Strange Music window sticker(back cab), White Strange Music sticker(back canopy), White Rigid sticker x2 (canopy sides), white Official BigFoot Research Team (Back Canopy) Interior: Alpine double din touch iLX-650 , JL C5-653's (front) JL C1-650x (rear) , JL JX400 4 channel amp , JL JX500 mono amp , 2 JL 12" subs , WeatherTec floor mats, Kenwood F/R Dash Cams, Black steering wheel emblem overlay, Tekonsha P3 Brake controller, ToyTec "Fresh" Scent coilover air freshener, Under the Hood: Koyo all aluminum radiator, Mishimoto red silicon hoses , XS Power 3000 amp battery , LAlectric 300 amp Alternator , K&N replacement filter. Online LED store accessories Fuse/relay box. (Identified) Dirty Deeds 8" Cat back exhaust with DD resonator delete/axel over converted into dump. Coming soon:
    @BOBONTUESDAY you mentioned
    1.) all tail lights stopped working and same time the fogs went out? correct?
    2.) snow witch means stuff like salt an corrosion can occur on body grounds

the issue should lay in either the "Body Ground" or at the "Main Body ECU connector" , if both tail and fogs went out I would lean towards the "Main Body ECU connector" or the "Light Switch".
    hope this helps , had to shift through hundreds of pages :rofl:

Ground references
    grounds 1.jpg
    grounds 2.jpggrounds 3.jpg\
    grounds 4.jpggrounds 5.jpg
    grounds 6.jpg grounds 7.jpg
    grounds 8.jpg

DC Lights 1.jpg DC lights 2.jpg
    DC lights 3.jpg

Lights 4.jpglights 5.jpg
    lights 7.jpg lights 6.jpg lights 5.jpg lights 8.jpg
    lights 9.jpg
    lights 31 connecters.jpg
    lights 32 tc.jpg
    lights 33 tc.jpg
    lights st 2.jpg
    lights sd 3.jpg
    lights sd 4.jpg
    lights sr 3.jpg

2. Oct 29, 2021 at 5:13 AM
    chaosbooboogunner

chaosbooboogunner New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dennis
    PNW
    Vehicle:
    2012 Tundra Crewmax White
    Thanks to all this is very helpful. Chasing electrical gremlins can and is very expensive.

3. Mar 9, 2022 at 3:13 AM
    jtorres83071

jtorres83071 NY TRD Pro

Member:
    First Name:
    Jay
    Vehicle:
    2020 Tundra TRD Pro

Hey @BOBONTUESDAY, did you ever solve/find the issue with your wiring? I have a 2020 TRD Pro and my tail lights just went out. As I read your posts, it appears similar to mine. I've changed all of the bulbs on the tail lights and front turn signals to LED's. I've driven for some time with no issues so it appears I picked up a Gremlin somewhere in my travels. I have resistors wired to the rear lights. These are a pain because they go bad pretty frequent. So when the turn signals hyperflash, I know either a bulb is out or the resistor needs to be replaced. Had each of these issues occur (bulb out and bad resistor). Then my next hyperflash incident, i realized that the tail lights were out. Brake and reverse lights worked but no running tail lights. The turn light bulbs (front and back) were working; changed the resistor; replaced driver side fuse TAIL that was blown, and still nothing. Checked all fuses and all are good. Just checking to see if you ever found the issue or if someone has a suggestion, other than what has been posted here already. Thanks My People.

4. Jan 5, 2023 at 2:22 PM
    Scutterborn

Scutterborn New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    '14 Tundra Platinum
    RC Vertex 7" Camburg 1.5” UCA’s Icon RTX rear leafs on option 2 Firestone bags with daystar cradles 20” Fuel Kranks w/ 5.75 bs. 295 Toyo AT3
    Well crap. I just had this happen to me. No tail lights but everything else works. Any solutions or should I look into running some temp wires to keep the ticket monster away?

5. Jan 5, 2023 at 2:28 PM
    texasrho83

texasrho83 DGAF#1

Member:
    First Name:
    Charles
    Conroe TX
    Vehicle:
    2016 DC MGM 4x4
    See build link
    Check and clean your ground points. As a troubleshooter, run a ground jumper to a new spot on the frame or body and see what happens.

6. Jan 6, 2023 at 5:36 PM
    Jeff_5_7

Jeff_5_7 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Houston Tx Area
    Vehicle:
    2007 RCSB 2014+ TRD Pro Conversion 5.7 4x4
    Full 2014+ Conversion Regular Cab Short Bed 4X4 2019 TRD Pro Grill, 2014+ Front End Swap 2014+ Interior/Dash Swap with TRD Pro Leather Seats, 2014+ Bed Swap with TRD Pro Stamping SOS 2/4 Drop Kit
    This is a simplified wiring diagram for the 2014.

1) Check the 15A Tail fuse. It is the only one that powers taillights.
    2) Do the parking Headlights/Parking Lights and Daytime Running lights work? If so your fuse and light switch are good. The Parking lights and taillights are powered by the same wire.
    3) Do you have LED bulbs in the headlights? If so put the OEM incandescent bulbs back in, did this fix your problem?
    4) If Headlights/Parking Lights and Daytime Running lights work, Find the RA5 junction and make sure the purple wire coming is connected to the green wire going out (Pin 2 for both wires).

Power comes out of the body control module (under the dash) from the 15A taillight fuse, on a light green wire. It goes to the A50 junction where the light green wire becomes purple. The purple wire goes to the headlights/side marker lights. After that the power goes to the RA5 junction where it goes from purple to green and runs to both taillights and license plate lights.

If the Headlights/Parking Lights and Daytime Running lights work your light switch, fuse, wiring is at least all good until the RA5 connector. LED bulbs in the headlights seem to cause problems. Remove them as mentioned above.
    upload_2023-1-6_19-33-20.jpg

upload_2023-1-6_19-40-8.jpg

Last edited: Jan 6, 2023
    equin, Wynnded and texasrho83 like this.
  7. Jan 7, 2023 at 12:10 PM
    WrenchGarage

WrenchGarage New Member

Member:
    There’s a 15 amp fuse under the dash by your knee tail fuse.

equin and texasrho83 like this.
  8. Jan 9, 2023 at 5:19 PM
    BOBONTUESDAY

BOBONTUESDAY [OP] Grocery Getter

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2016 Limited Trd
    I never figured it out I have it rigged to my trailer running lights off the plug. And that's been like that for years.

I tried everything. Ended up just rigging it up.
    Been like that for years. I'm at 356k miles now. The truck mainly sits now. I needed to get a bigger truck for work.

jtorres83071[QUOTED] likes this.
  9. Mar 1, 2024 at 7:00 AM
    Theraddad89

Theraddad89 New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2013 White Tundra
    Any quick and easy guide on how to tap your tail lights into the trailer tow hitch wiring? I have the same issue - will try the above diagnostic workup by Jeff above - if that doesnt help, then I'd probably want to just tap in to the trailer wiring. I know this is a super old thread but I bought a new set of OEM tail lights and same issue (had after market installed by previous owner and figured that the wiring was incorrect).

Will check out the TAIL fuse, then replace LED headlight bulbs with regular and if that doesnt work - time to tap in baby!

Products Discussed in

To Top