1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Tacoma owner looking at Tundra

Discussion in '2nd Gen Tundras (2007-2013)' started by jrahn0822, Jan 20, 2014.

1. Jun 22, 2015 at 6:24 PM
    rons23

rons23 Get The Led Out!!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Ron
    Kill Devil Hills
    Vehicle:
    2008 Nautical Blue TRD
    Sabm (Gtek-Fab), Blake Carbon Diamond Plate door sil protecters, and Air Dam mod, Black Rivited Grill, Devil Horns- Black Anodized(Diaz Fabrication), Hid's in Low Beams and Fogs -6000k, Piaa Extreme for High Beams. Black Rhino Step Tubes, Razir Led interior Lights (white), Low Profile Black Diamond Plate Tool Box, Trd accesories, Weather Tech Mats, Carbon Fiber Shorty Antenna, Drl's, Plasta Dipped Badges + Front Grill Surround
    I installed the Sabm and my throttle response is alot better, far as hp don't know. It feels and sounds better with just that mod. I regret not getting the 5.7, but at the end of the day I'm good.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2015
    T-Rex266 likes this.
  2. Jun 22, 2015 at 6:33 PM
    Black Wolf

Black Wolf Bigfoot Hunter, Sasquatch too, but not Yeti

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Aurora CO
    Vehicle:
    2022 Nissan Frontier SV 4X4
    TuwaPro rack, Z1 Offroad stuff, NISMO suspension stuff, FlowmasterFX Extreme exhaust, AIS, OVS, J&L can, other goodies on the way
    QUOTE="billas333, post: 29267, member: 1445"]yea bro in law said the 4.7L isn't really that efficient on fuel since the engine is small compared to the size of the truck. Kinda exactly how I felt about my Tacoma. 4.0L for the size of the truck seemed like it had to work too hard and MPG was terrible. On that note however test drove the 2015 5.7L Tundra this weekend with the bro in law and that truck felt sluggish compared to the F150 3.5L ecoboost which are the two trucks he is comparing. Ford is winning in the MPG and power dept however still waiting to see their big D which is Dependability![/QUOTE]

There are numerous Tundra 5.7L vs the 3.5 Eco Boost on you tube. You would be hard pressed to find a lot of vids where the stock 3.5 Eco beats a stock 5.7 with 4.3 /1 gears of the line. I've personally done it myself. Nothing sluggish about my 5.7L. The highest ford diff with Eco Poop 3.5 is the 3.73 . Most come with 3.55's. "D" our shipper/receiver guy got a 2014 F-150 with 3.5 ECO. Got tired of him badmouthing my truck one Sunday when we had to come in to work and load up a truck. Very quiet on Sunday. Commercial zoned area for several blocks. Took him in less than a block before he backed off. Wasn't even close. His boost kicked in too late to provide the torque with his stock 3.55 rear vs my 4.3. He's no doubt faster in the 1/4, but who cares. I want torque now not later. I am a little biased I have to admit. It was all done in fun anyways. No longer badmouths my truck. heh heh.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2015
    dandailey likes this.
  3. Jun 22, 2015 at 6:55 PM
    T-Rex266

T-Rex266 Elon approved Staff Member

Member:
    I believe there's a few with them. Not much you can really do to 'beef them up' power wise opposed to chipping and Sc'g it.

rons23 likes this.
  4. Jun 23, 2015 at 6:03 PM
    bobeast

bobeast really old member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Hollister, CA
    Vehicle:
    2008 DC
    - Bull Bar - LED Bunny Burners - AMP retractable running boards - Headlight leveling retrofit - P3 Brake Controller - 60% rear seat delete - relocation of Sub to rear wall - Bilstein 5100 x4, top setting with 2 shims per side - Coach builder +2 rear shackles w/carrier bearing drop - Firestone Air bags - on-board compressor with auto-leveling - Dual Undercover Swing Boxes. - P285/65/R20 (34.6") BFG TA KO2's - TRD Front skid plate - Pop & Lock Tailgate lock - Remote Tailgate mod - LED Headlights - Nav Bypass - iPhone integration - Serius/XM retrofit - 25% front tint - Bizon electric tonneau cover - Power folding tow mirror upgrade - 2010+ leveling Headlight mod - Auto-fold mirror mod. - one-touch lane changer mod - Flash to open garage opener mod - Rigid H/L fog light upgrade - Pushbutton / Remote start mod.
    Before I got the Tundra I "wanted" a truck. Now that I have one I "need" it. It'll do that to ya'.

Black Wolf likes this.
  5. Jun 23, 2015 at 7:33 PM
    Black Wolf

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Aurora CO
    Vehicle:
    TuwaPro rack, Z1 Offroad stuff, NISMO suspension stuff, FlowmasterFX Extreme exhaust, AIS, OVS, J&L can, other goodies on the way
    I drove my son's little Lancer today. It was like re-learning how to drive. Couldn't wait to get back in my truck.

6. Jun 23, 2015 at 8:01 PM
    billas333

billas333 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    JT
    Vehicle:
    2007 Toyota Tundra Crew Max SR5 4.7L
    Yea I hear ya I have been having to drive rental cars a lot the past couple years for work and all the nissan sentras and chevy cruzs and hyundai elantras for 5 days make you really miss your truck. Then when you get back into your truck you feel like a giant!

7. Jun 24, 2015 at 6:01 AM
    Black Wolf

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Aurora CO
    Vehicle:
    It's weird being so low to ground. Like a bug.

Products Discussed in

To Top