1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

TACO TUNES

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by midnight, Jan 19, 2018.

1. Dec 11, 2018 at 8:22 PM
    itsdchz

itsdchz 50statesoverland

Member:
    Clovis, CA
    Vehicle:
    2018 SR5 CM Cement 4x4
    Icon, UCAs, Method, SSO, KB VOODOO, Skids and Sliders
    @tacorob -Is there a forum Discount? Interested in a set of speakers front and rear and didn't take advantage of the BF discount. Thanks!

2. Dec 12, 2018 at 5:04 AM
    tacorob

tacorob New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Vehicle:
    2016 Tundra TRD CrewMax
    Lift wheels Tires
    Again, very sorry you did not get written instructions. AS mentioned above, we have begun including the written instructions for the amp setups. Similar to the picture below. WE are continually striving to improve. In the past the vast majority of our customers have let us now they have been happy with video instructions specifically designed for their vehicle vs a generic manual like other amp brands / companies. PLUS our setups are a bit different than most other companies, because their setups are not designed specifically for each vehicle.

An example of install instructions can be found here:

https://*********.com/toyota-tundra...tem-1a-installation-instructions-non-jbl-jbl/

In addition, we like to explain the hows and whys of upgrading the audio. With a clear understanding it makes for much better installation process / results.
    : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crYA-sCcG8U

https://*********.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/TXD8005_PNP_SETUP_JPG.jpg

Last edited: Dec 12, 2018
    aperezsh, Mr Swervlin and Rica25 like this.
  3. Dec 12, 2018 at 5:06 AM
    tacorob

tacorob New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Vehicle:
    2016 Tundra TRD CrewMax
    Lift wheels Tires
    Thank you for your input. Great appreciated! :)

backinblack[QUOTED] and Rica25 like this.
  4. Dec 12, 2018 at 5:07 AM
    tacorob

tacorob New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Vehicle:
    2016 Tundra TRD CrewMax
    Lift wheels Tires
    Right now we have a 10% and free shipping discount. It is on the website. I think the coupon code is 10tacos :)

Rica25 likes this.
  5. Dec 12, 2018 at 10:48 AM
    Stumpjumper

Stumpjumper New Member

Member:
    Fate, Tx
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tundra TSS 4x4
    kind of late now. Somewhere on your website I ran across tuning instructions for the 8005 but cannot find them again. Not everyone has wifi where they are doing the install. I probably do in my driveway but I have never tried to fire up the laptop out there. Never had a reason to. I just think it is crappy that I have to take notes from a video in order to have written instructions. The link to the instructions does not include written tuning instructions which is what I need. You need to provide videos for the ones that prefer videos and written instructions for the ones that don't.

6. Dec 12, 2018 at 11:04 AM
    tacorob

tacorob New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Vehicle:
    2016 Tundra TRD CrewMax
    Lift wheels Tires
    Google works great - You can type How to tune TXD8005 and it pops right up! :) Here is a link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3mWW22oeBA

7. Dec 12, 2018 at 11:10 AM
    tacorob

tacorob New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Vehicle:
    2016 Tundra TRD CrewMax
    Lift wheels Tires
    Oh wanted to mention, I don't think ANY other manufacturers actually offer how to tune their amps. They just show you the function of each knob but nothing on how to properly set it up. Most manufactuers leave their customers guessing - we provide the information and steps necessary for proper tuning. That is another reason we do videos, it would be way to much to try to explain on paper.
    WEll I should say most . . because we are hoping to release our new pre-tuned /self-tuning units out soon.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2018
    Deafmate and Netmonkey like this.
  8. Dec 12, 2018 at 11:36 AM
    Stumpjumper

Stumpjumper New Member

Member:
    Fate, Tx
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tundra TSS 4x4
    That is the video. I can find the video on the Taco Tunes website all day long. I have already watched and taken notes. I am just pissed that Taco Tunes did not provide written instructions and I have had to waste a bunch of time searching for them and watching a video and taking notes.

9. Dec 12, 2018 at 11:38 AM
    Stumpjumper

Stumpjumper New Member

Member:
    Fate, Tx
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tundra TSS 4x4
    you explain it on paper for the 4 channel. I found step by step instructions that I could easily follow. My biggest complaint is trying to find installation instructions on your website. There is a product search but that is all I have found search wise.

10. Dec 12, 2018 at 11:46 AM
    tacorob

tacorob New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Vehicle:
    2016 Tundra TRD CrewMax
    Lift wheels Tires
    I am confused? We have the 4 Channel and 5 Channel each on the page where customers purchase the amp? For example if you purchased the 5 channel amp. . . on our website . . we have the same image I showed you above? https://*********.com/shop/toyota-t...-plug-n-play-5-channel-amplifier-install-kit/
    It also has the tuning information. I am confused on the 4 Channel information? BTW, thank you for taking time to reply we are trying to make sure we make this easier for customers.

Deafmate likes this.
  11. Dec 12, 2018 at 1:27 PM
    1794TRD

1794TRD It is, what it is!

Member:
    Little Rock, AR
    Vehicle:
    2015 Super White II TUNDRA 1794
    TRD EXHAUST TRD INTAKE Lift 3” front 1.5” rear TRD SKIDPLATE UNIFLEX TRIFOLD BED COVER UNIFLEX SWINGBOX POP & LOCK POWER TAILGATE LOCK TUNDRA BED LIGHTS LED HEADLIGHTS / FOG LIGHTS / PUDDLE LIGHTS / INTERIOR LIGHTS WHITE DOOR HANDLES WHITE MIRROR COVERS TOYTEC BOSS REAR SHOCKS CRUX AVITY-01 VIDEO INTERFACE AJT KEY FOB COVER
    I have to mention as well, when i tried reaching out to Taco Tunes about purchasing one of their systems for my 2015 1794, I literally got one question answered. I tried repeatedly to get additional questions answered, but received no response and i gave up. I despise the fact you have to put in a ticket to have someone email you back. I would prefer to actually speak with someone. Take it for what it’s worth, but you lost my business because your customer service is sub par.

12. Dec 12, 2018 at 1:31 PM
    tacorob

tacorob New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Vehicle:
    2016 Tundra TRD CrewMax
    Lift wheels Tires
    Thanks for the input . . we get many phone calls each day. So we call people in the order that we get tickets. We speak ot many of our customer, we just call them back in order. That is why we have a ticket system.

oops hit enter to soon . . did you open a ticket? or send email? I would really like to check this out. Do you happen to have the ticket number?

13. Dec 12, 2018 at 1:43 PM
    MJB_Tundra

MJB_Tundra New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Upgraded Sound System, bed cover, LED lighting, BA Muffler, Blisteins front/rear
    Would like to add my two cents. I purchased the Taco Tunes tuner and front and rear speakers. They work great. The instructional videos helped out a lot. If you never installed speakers, amps, etc in vehicles before the videos are helpful and gives a little confidence that the job can be done with some patience. I think I saved hundreds of $$ doing the install myself. When I did have an issue it was answered and corrected. What I appreciated the most was the plug-n-play setup. I would defiantly recommend their system.

14. Dec 12, 2018 at 1:44 PM
    1794TRD

Member:
    Little Rock, AR
    Vehicle:
    TRD EXHAUST TRD INTAKE Lift 3” front 1.5” rear TRD SKIDPLATE UNIFLEX TRIFOLD BED COVER UNIFLEX SWINGBOX POP & LOCK POWER TAILGATE LOCK TUNDRA BED LIGHTS LED HEADLIGHTS / FOG LIGHTS / PUDDLE LIGHTS / INTERIOR LIGHTS WHITE DOOR HANDLES WHITE MIRROR COVERS TOYTEC BOSS REAR SHOCKS CRUX AVITY-01 VIDEO INTERFACE AJT KEY FOB COVER
    I did Rob, both actually. It was over a year ago, so do recall that gicket number. I have been waiting for an opportunity to express my frustration with you. I actually spoke with you once by phone, but when I tried to follow up again a day or two later, it was like you no longer existed. I really am interested in your system. Maybe i can give you another chance in the near future, but now is not the time. I have other priorities pressing. I will for sure be updating my sound system in the near future though.

15. Dec 12, 2018 at 1:50 PM
    tacorob

tacorob New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Vehicle:
    2016 Tundra TRD CrewMax
    Lift wheels Tires
    Sure would love the opportunity to earn your business. If you PM here, I noticed some of the messages go to my spam and I never see replies etc . . I have been on this chat last few days taking notes on any an all frustrations. We are humans over here and I am sure we drop the ball. Sometimes liek this time of year we get literately HUNDREDS of emails / tickets daily. When you are ready PM me or contact me directly. rob at ********* - you know the rest . We have a guy that is on the phone all day with customers and another guy that replies to emails. Some guys prefer txt / email, some want a phone call. I am going to send a request to our web guys to add a tick box that says. I want a call! :) That will help with our guys that don't want to go back and for th on emails. Believe it or not there are guys quite the opposite, we ask them after numerous emails do you wnat a call? They say NO thanks . . and most still purchase from us. Some guys prefer vids, some wanted printed . . obviously we are working out the bugs in niche market.

16. Dec 12, 2018 at 1:53 PM
    1794TRD

Member:
    Little Rock, AR
    Vehicle:
    @tacorob , just so you know, i was ready to purchase at the time, but got so frustrated, I dropped it and researched other options just because of the difficulty I experienced. I am not here to bad mouth your products, they appear to be of quality and alot of R&D went into it. My beef with your company is how I felt i was treated, just to get a few questions answered. I sure hope you review your customer support process and improve it for the better. I would like to see your company grow and improve. Good luck!

Norfolk757 likes this.
  17. Dec 12, 2018 at 1:57 PM
    1794TRD

Member:
    Little Rock, AR
    Vehicle:
    I am all about second chances. I look foward to possibly doing business with you in the near future. Thanks for hearing me out.

18. Dec 12, 2018 at 1:57 PM
    tacorob

tacorob New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Vehicle:
    2016 Tundra TRD CrewMax
    Lift wheels Tires
    Good and Bad input is/are necessary . . . I totally understand how you feel and I have heard from others that want a phone call. REALLY appreciate the input and opportunity to fix it. I am going to ensure we add a CALL only option to our ticket system.

19. Dec 12, 2018 at 1:59 PM
    tacorob

tacorob New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Vehicle:
    2016 Tundra TRD CrewMax
    Lift wheels Tires
    Well actually thank you for taking time to let us know. :) Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

20. Dec 12, 2018 at 2:00 PM
    1794TRD

Member:
    Little Rock, AR
    Vehicle:
    Final thought... I would really like to see TacTunes become a vendor here. Lots of future business could develop for you.

21. Dec 12, 2018 at 2:08 PM
    tacorob

tacorob New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Vehicle:
    2016 Tundra TRD CrewMax
    Lift wheels Tires
    WE looked into it. We will need to add another person soon to handle social media, forums etc . . .We have inboxes for Youtube, twitter, IG, FB and the list goes on and on . . . it is really crazy how much traffic we get on our site. AT some point, we will become vendors for this page and one other.

22. Dec 12, 2018 at 6:27 PM
    Stumpjumper

Stumpjumper New Member

Member:
    Fate, Tx
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tundra TSS 4x4
    I chatted about how to find the instructions but did not open ticket. Like I said I watched video and took notes. Did not see tuning instructions for 5 amp on same page as 4 channel. I found some instructions once on 5 amp but could not print.

23. Dec 12, 2018 at 6:38 PM
    Stumpjumper

Stumpjumper New Member

Member:
    Fate, Tx
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tundra TSS 4x4
    I will have to add that videos are great for people that are novices at this kind of stuff but some of us are not. Having some experience at this kind of stuff all I needed was some basic written instructions.

24. Dec 19, 2018 at 3:38 PM
    itsdchz

itsdchz 50statesoverland

Member:
    Clovis, CA
    Vehicle:
    2018 SR5 CM Cement 4x4
    Would love some Tundras.com love with a bit more than someone who comes across your site and see's a discount code option. Show us you REALLY REALLY like us ;)

25. Dec 22, 2018 at 12:36 PM
    str8-shooter

str8-shooter New Member

Member:
    Just to follow up here, I unexpectedly received the wiring harness in the mail today. @tacorob I appreciate the gesture here and my intention was never to get something for nothing. In fact, I already purchased the parts and built my own.

Either way, thanks and merry christmas.

image1-3.jpg
    image2-2.jpg

ryanwgregg likes this.
  26. Dec 22, 2018 at 3:15 PM
    itsdchz

itsdchz 50statesoverland

Member:
    Clovis, CA
    Vehicle:
    2018 SR5 CM Cement 4x4
    @tacorob - My wife was kind enough to order me the speakers for front and rear yesterday as a Christmas present. I sent you a PM with the order number in an effort to let you know and to post to the forum displaying your customer service and dedication to our forums. Thank you!!!!

mgxsequioa likes this.
  27. Dec 28, 2018 at 2:57 PM
    Boots

Boots New Member

Member:
    Houston Tx
    Vehicle:
    2018 black tundra
    Procomp 6in lift w 35's 30in grill light bar Bac bed cover Taco tunes sq1 sound system Tinted windows Custom Masonic grill.
    I'll add my two cents to all of this. When I bought my tundra in April i started my research for a system by searching through threads on the forums. I watched vids of various systems on YouTube also. I read good and bad about various venders. As far as taco tunes I read some back and forth from client and vendor regarding disappointments. I decided to give them a try because I didnt want my wires cut. I made a appt w daniel and made my 3 hour drive there to the country. Within 15 minutes of arriving one guy started ro take my car apart. Another guy arrived and joined in on the action. They were pretty kwell dudes and knew what they were doing. Answered all my questions and taught me some things about installs. Later in the day I met rob and we talked for about 30 minutes straight while showing me one of his old truck builds he is raffling off. I told him I wasnt concerned about the internet crap as i knew i was going to do a review on my experience. Well I was treated very well, the work done was clean and done right. Daniel went over the truck when they were done to insure all was correct then gave me a demo on how to use my new system which is their sq1. I was satisfied then and even more so now because this system hits pretty hard. I still cant believe all this bass is coming from a small 1000 watt amp. Im used to my larger jl amps. This system is clean sounding and no issues to report. I recommend them because I had first hand experience. I'm not making any money from recommending them and not getting any discount either from this I'm just saying I had a very positive experience from his team and from rob himself. I would go again as his team did a great job. Thank you taco tunes for hooking up my black lifted tundra.

Brian C

Last edited: Dec 29, 2018
  28. Jan 7, 2019 at 6:04 PM
    itsdchz

itsdchz 50statesoverland

Member:
    Clovis, CA
    Vehicle:
    2018 SR5 CM Cement 4x4
    @tacorob i did not get any email confirmation for shipping of the replacement speaker for the broken one. I upgraded my speakers, paid the difference and shipped damaged one this weekend. I also paid for expedited shipping. Please advise..

29. Jan 26, 2019 at 7:40 AM
    jmdaniel

jmdaniel Spending too much time here...

Member:
    Leander, TX
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tundra CrewMax SR5, 1977 FJ40
    DSI Conversion, including 6" ProComp lift, Fuel Assault Rims, ProComp tires, SunTek protective film, BAK Revolver X2 tonneau cover, Bedrug bedmat, OEM Audio+ Reference 500Q
    Just placed an order with OEM Audio +, for a Reference 500Q system, and they couldn't be easier to work with! Military discount as well, ya gotta love that!

New_DoorDing and phogallen like this.
  30. Jan 26, 2019 at 7:44 AM
    yamabob

yamabob New Member

Member:
    Chicagoland
    Vehicle:
    2018 Limited
    Keep us posted on the OEM system. I've been looking at it and am curious if it's worth the money. I like where they put the sub on the double cab model too.

jmdaniel likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top