1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

TACO TUNES

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by midnight, Jan 19, 2018.

1. Dec 4, 2018 at 12:39 PM
    csuviper

csuviper Moderator Staff Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Broomfield, CO
    Vehicle:
    2019 TRD Sport CM 5.7L 4X4
    Some Mods :) See build thread for details
    This is very common among most companies that do business online. You didn't even wait 10 days to start complaining. If you needed quicker you had options for paying for shipping.
    The got back to you very quick and refunded your money since you were not happy. Great customer service from what i can tell.
    Good luck with technical support from china shops that sell on Amazon.

mtntop, Rica25, Copper Man and 2 others like this.
  2. Dec 4, 2018 at 1:24 PM
    str8-shooter

str8-shooter New Member

Member:
    Lets look at facts here and get away from how YOU feel. Yes, lets...

1. You placed an order and selected free shipping – that states 7 -10 days. It has been 8 days. - Agreed, and all I did was inquire as to where in the process things were.

2. You blame us for bad service when replied to you in a timely manner. - My complaint had nothing to do with your 'timely service' - maybe it is you who is confusing facts with feelings...

3. You say we are being deceptive with our “’play on words”. - You are. Can you not look objectively at your website's shipping options and admit the free option is deceptive? It does not state 7-10 days until we actually ship it. It says 7-10 day shipping. I gave you some unwelcome feedback and you guys got very defensive.

4. BUT according to you here on this thread ********* has bad service and at fault when you chose NOT to read T&Cs? - Nobody reads terms and conditions. For you to sit there and act like somebody should read t&c for every single thing they purchase is disingenuous. Again, I didn't say anything about your service or place 'fault'. I said you were being petty by cancelling an order when I called you out on your shipping info

How about instead of hiding the shipping info in this tiny box after a person has already completed the entire checkout process, you put them on the page where you select your shipping method?

Screen Shot 2018-12-04 at 3.20.19 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2018-12-04 at 3.21.59 PM.jpg

Rica25 and Norfolk757 like this.
  3. Dec 4, 2018 at 1:29 PM
    str8-shooter

str8-shooter New Member

Member:
    This is false and you have no data to back this up.

And I didn't start out with a complaint. I started out with an inquiry... here is my exact ticket:

I am trying to see what the status of my order is. It has been 8 days now and I'm still waiting on my parts.

Norfolk757 likes this.
  4. Dec 4, 2018 at 1:36 PM
    tacorob

tacorob New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Vehicle:
    2016 Tundra TRD CrewMax
    Lift wheels Tires
    @str8-shooter
    You know what, you are right. It is our fault you did not read the T&Cs. You are right, I am being emotional, because we followed company protocol and issued a refund. You are right, we should know that roughly 1% of our customers wont’ read and quickly pass the buck . . . as opposed to accepting any responsibility AND you are right that many people will sign an agreement (in this case click), but their word means NOTHING because THEY chose NOT to read . . .All of this is our fault. Thank you for pointing this out. Your input has been of great value. Now with this resolved we . . can help get our hundreds of other customers get their orders shipped out as soon as we are able.

Rica25 likes this.
  5. Dec 4, 2018 at 1:40 PM
    str8-shooter

str8-shooter New Member

Member:
    Glad to see you have admitted there is a problem. But you should probably know that the 1% is the people that actually DO read T&C. I'm sure you already knew that though.

https://www.businessinsider.com/del...gree-terms-of-service-without-reading-2017-11

Again, I didn't give any fault. I didn't say "I needed this by today!". I asked where we were in the process. Then I gave you feedback on your websites terminology. Then you cancelled my order for that feedback. Then I said you and your company were acting petty because of this.

That is how we got here.

Rica25 likes this.
  6. Dec 4, 2018 at 1:41 PM
    tacorob

tacorob New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Vehicle:
    2016 Tundra TRD CrewMax
    Lift wheels Tires
    Again, thank you for your valuable input. It is greatly appreciated. I hope only the best for you and yoru Tundra.

7. Dec 4, 2018 at 1:43 PM
    str8-shooter

str8-shooter New Member

Member:
    The fact that when a problem is brought up, your go-to is to look to assign blame instead of looking at the actual root cause is concerning, but hey you have 1000s of customers so thats cool.

Rica25 likes this.
  8. Dec 4, 2018 at 1:47 PM
    4Runner

4Runner New Member

Member:
    Columbia, SC
    Vehicle:
    2017 Black Limited FFV
    Magnuson Supercharged, FOX 2.5 DSC front and rear, TRD Exhaust, TRD Rear Sway, and many more....build thread coming
    Dang....I’d say good riddance. You are much better than me @tacorob

9. Dec 5, 2018 at 10:33 AM
    Stumpjumper

Stumpjumper New Member

Member:
    Fate, Tx
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tundra TSS 4x4
    I just bought mine and did not include this. This would have been perfect. It takes probably 5 minutes to fire up my laptop and get to your website. Then you have to find what you need and when you do the written instruction SUCK. Fortunately I did not have to watch a 15 minute video. I just read that the blue plugs are input. I must guessed correctly which was front and rear. A stroke of luck I guess.

10. Dec 5, 2018 at 10:41 AM
    tacorob

tacorob New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Vehicle:
    2016 Tundra TRD CrewMax
    Lift wheels Tires
    I guess we need to try and make it more clear . . it is on the 5 channel page as well, when you look the though the product pictures. Thx for the feedback! :)

11. Dec 5, 2018 at 10:43 AM
    Stumpjumper

Stumpjumper New Member

Member:
    Fate, Tx
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tundra TSS 4x4
    Labels on the wires would work real well. That is what I had planned if I went with a LOC and different amp.

12. Dec 7, 2018 at 11:26 AM
    jmdaniel

jmdaniel Spending too much time here...

Member:
    Leander, TX
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tundra CrewMax SR5, 1977 FJ40
    DSI Conversion, including 6" ProComp lift, Fuel Assault Rims, ProComp tires, SunTek protective film, BAK Revolver X2 tonneau cover, Bedrug bedmat, OEM Audio+ Reference 500Q
    tacorob, the guy does have a point, IMO. I would read 7-10 days exactly how he did; that he would get the order in 7-10 days. My logic is based on the fact that as you step down through the other options, two things happen: the price goes up as the delivery timeframe goes down. That's not a surprise to anyone that has ever ordered something online, and it's not a big stretch to see the $0.00 and think that the order is getting on the 7-10 day slow boat, but that those 7-10 days refers to the transportation timeframe, not the time ********* is going to take to actually start the shipment.

It's a bit disingenuous to tell someone that because they aren't paying anything for the shipping, their order goes to the back of the line. Your customer is paying you for the shipping speed they desire, (again, something anyone who has ever ordered online has seen before), not for the speed of the order fulfillment process. At least, that's how it's done at every other place I've ordered from. Instead of burying this fact of how you do your business, why don't you add a line in the Shipping Method area that states, "Your order will be processed in the order of how much you pay us to ship it; starting at the highest level and descending." Not a good look, is it?

GODZILLA, ryanwgregg, 8MINT8 and 4 others like this.
  13. Dec 7, 2018 at 1:57 PM
    str8-shooter

str8-shooter New Member

Member:
    A fellow Leanderthal...

tip of the cap*

jmdaniel[QUOTED] and ryanwgregg like this.
  14. Dec 7, 2018 at 2:31 PM
    jmdaniel

Member:
    Leander, TX
    Vehicle:
    DSI Conversion, including 6" ProComp lift, Fuel Assault Rims, ProComp tires, SunTek protective film, BAK Revolver X2 tonneau cover, Bedrug bedmat, OEM Audio+ Reference 500Q
    Ha! I guess we all think the same!

ryanwgregg likes this.
  15. Dec 7, 2018 at 2:33 PM
    4Runner

4Runner New Member

Member:
    Columbia, SC
    Vehicle:
    2017 Black Limited FFV
    Magnuson Supercharged, FOX 2.5 DSC front and rear, TRD Exhaust, TRD Rear Sway, and many more....build thread coming
    I guess everyone is different. I would never think a shipping date is equal to my receiving date. Do you guys ever ship on Amazon? They always have a ship date and delivered date.

ryanwgregg likes this.
  16. Dec 7, 2018 at 2:51 PM
    str8-shooter

str8-shooter New Member

Member:
    I have 101 orders on Amazon year to date. Yes, they have a delivery date - which is what I've come to expect when ordering items online. That or a delivery window. I can not recall the last time I've seen a site that only had the processing timeframe listed on the shipping options.

But even still I would have accepted it - I wasn't in a hurry. Bummed out that I waited 9 days into the processing window just have them cancel my order on me when I never hinted that I wanted to cancel.

Here is walmart and amazon check out/shipping info - 2 of the largest online retailers in the world. Both will tell you when your package will arrive.

Screen Shot 2018-12-07 at 4.46.44 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2018-12-07 at 4.47.45 PM.jpg

ryanwgregg and jmdaniel like this.
  17. Dec 7, 2018 at 2:52 PM
    4Runner

4Runner New Member

Member:
    Columbia, SC
    Vehicle:
    2017 Black Limited FFV
    Agreed. Shipping date doesn’t equal arrival date.

ryanwgregg likes this.
  18. Dec 7, 2018 at 2:53 PM
    jmdaniel

Member:
    Leander, TX
    Vehicle:
    Think a little deeper. Do all of the other lines, except the $0.00, state the window to prepare the shipment? Of course not. So why would the first line mean that?

GODZILLA, ryanwgregg and str8-shooter like this.
  19. Dec 7, 2018 at 3:00 PM
    4Runner

4Runner New Member

Member:
    Columbia, SC
    Vehicle:
    2017 Black Limited FFV
    My bumper ships in 3 to 4 weeks. I’m digging deeper and believe I will receive it after the ship date.

tacorob likes this.
  20. Dec 7, 2018 at 10:02 PM
    tacorob

tacorob New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Vehicle:
    2016 Tundra TRD CrewMax
    Lift wheels Tires
    Thank you for your input . . however . . it is CLEARLY stated in our Terms & Service conditions that purchasers MUST agree to . . as a business person, BEFORE I accuse anyone of being deceptive, I would check to ensure I did NOT in fact agree to such terms. Here is the exact PLAIN english wording in our T&Cs . .
    FREE SHIPPING POLICY:

Free shipping in 48 states only.

Processing time can take up to 10 days BEFORE the item leaves our warehouse. If you need your item quicker, please consider the paid shipping options.

In the event of a returned item(s), customers will be responsible for shipping items BOTH WAYS. If the error was on our part, we will cover the shipping costs.

Items shipped free may arrive at different times in different boxes by different carriers.

BTW, our shopping cart will NOT let you complete the transaction without saying I AGREE. to the Terms and Conditions (and provides a link) . . so in short, we have kept our end of the agreement.

csuviper likes this.
  21. Dec 7, 2018 at 10:06 PM
    tacorob

tacorob New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Vehicle:
    2016 Tundra TRD CrewMax
    Lift wheels Tires
    AGREEMENT:
    a negotiated and typically legally binding arrangement between parties as to a course of action.
    plural noun: agreements
    "a trade agreement"

csuviper likes this.
  22. Dec 7, 2018 at 11:40 PM
    TomC843

TomC843 The wheel weaves as the wheel wills.

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Charleston, SC
    Vehicle:
    16, 4X4, 4U3, Katzkins, Flowmaster, ARE MX, Swing cases, TRD skid plate, Volant CAI....
    Yes I have always seen shipping cost to deal with shipping speed (UPS ground, USPS priority, air, ect..) not better or worse fulfillment service from the store. I would have missed that in the T and C also because it is not the norm. Cost of shipping should effect shipping speed, cost of product should cover quality of service.

GODZILLA, ryanwgregg, 8MINT8 and 2 others like this.
  23. Dec 8, 2018 at 2:44 AM
    TundraMcGov.

TundraMcGov. Your friend. Your foe. Not yo Ho.

Member:
    First Name:
    Jofus
    Burpinham, Babalama
    Vehicle:
    2017 Super White DC 4X4 Tundra
    No commercial business has ever "won" by taking their customer to the wood shed.

24. Dec 8, 2018 at 4:33 AM
    Norfolk757

Norfolk757 עַם יִשְׂרָאֵל חַי

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Norfolk, VA
    Vehicle:
    2015 White Tundra- CrewMax TRD Off Road
    Well, this is a good warning not to buy from *********. No matter what is the issue, when you put down one customer to highlight that you have many others who are better, is not a company I would spend money with. And what is up with everyone jumping down this guys throat, he doesn’t feel like he received the service and support he wanted it’s his right to make his opinion heard.

25. Dec 8, 2018 at 5:23 AM
    4Runner

4Runner New Member

Member:
    Columbia, SC
    Vehicle:
    2017 Black Limited FFV
    Yep....all have the right to our opinions. Not seeing anyone posting otherwise.

26. Dec 8, 2018 at 8:38 AM
    Netmonkey

Netmonkey Don't be a Dumbass

Member:
    Georgetown, TX
    Vehicle:
    2016 Texas Edition, 5.7, CM, MGM
    Icon stage 2 lift, 295 60 20 nitto ridge grapplers, fuel kranks, TRD dual exhaust, TRD rear sway bar
    @tacorob

I have been reading this thread and I feel that the recent complaints are too harsh. Here is my experience with them:

A friend of mine in our local tundra club had a ********* system installed last summer. After listening to the system, he talked about his experience with them (he had it installed by *********) and we discussed the various systems that they offer. He mentioned that they were all plug and play and that he would have installed it himself, but the guys at ********* gave him a deal on the installation. After hearing all the positives, I decided that I wanted to purchase one of their systems and install it myself.

Before I even ordered the system, I researched the shit out of everything! I do this when I plan any project on my truck. I researched the company, I checked reviews, I sent them emails with questions, I spent over a week watching all the installation videos and collecting all the information that I would need to do the install, and I even read their terms and conditions. I wanted to know everything before I committed myself to spending that much money and tearing into my truck.

When I read the T&C's I saw that orders on the free shipping option would take more time to process than the paid shipping options. Knowing this, I knew that I wanted the system sooner than that. However, the cheapest paid shipping option is about $300 for that system. I sent them an email asking if I could drive down and pick it up on a weekend (I am about 90 miles from them). They explained that they are normally only open on week days, but Daniel was going to be there on a Saturday and that I could come down and pick it up then. When I got there, Daniel was incredibly helpful. He made sure that I received everything that I paid for and made sure that I had everything that I needed to do the installation. When I had questions, he brought up diagrams on their computer and he even took the door panel off a tundra that was in their shop and showed me how to do a part of the installation. My experience with ********* that day went way beyond any of my expectations; someone came in on their day off and showed me how to do part of the installation. It is rare to find a company that is that willing to provide that level of service.

As a consumer, you have to be savvy. It is up to you to know what you are getting into. If there is a terms and conditions checkbox that you have to check in order to purchase an item, then it is up to you to read those terms. That is a contract (checking the box is the same thing as signing your name) and both parties are expected to be held to them. It is not the company's fault if you did not read the contract. I read that contract before I ordered and the shipping conditions were very clear. I do admit, however, that I don't always read every T&C on everything that I purchase, but I always do it for the big stuff.

There were also a few posts in this thread about installation instructions. Some people wanted written instructions and were upset when they were not included in their order. After going through the research and installation process of one of their systems myself, I can say that this is an area that does need a little work. I was able to find all the instructions for installing one of their systems, but I had to spend a good amount of time researching it. However, I knew what had to be done before I purchased the system (I even emailed them installation questions before I purchased). I didn't wait until the day that I received the system to wonder where the instructions were. I think that only written instructions would not be detailed enough to do a complete installation. There are so many details that would be missed or misinterpreted in writing and the videos that they provide are what make the instructions clear. What I would like to see is an instructional outline included with each order (whether physical or online) that shows the high level items that need to be done. These high level items should then link to the specific detailed videos and further instructions. That would save a great deal of time for the customer. I remember seeing something similar on their website, but it was not complete and I had to research further. (@tacorob I would be willing to provide direction/help with documentation).

Overall, my experiences with ********* has been fantastic. They provide a great product at a reasonable price and are willing to go the extra mile for the customer. They have always been available when I have had questions or needed help. I asked alot of questions before I purchased and they never made me feel like I was bothering them... even when I was asking the simple questions or asking for more clarification. I am happy to support a local company and they have earned my positive reviews and support.

To see what I went through with the installation of one of their systems, see this thread:
    https://www.tundras.com/threads/*********-system-1b-detailed-installation-and-reviews.29358/

Trooper2 likes this.
  27. Dec 8, 2018 at 11:30 AM
    crochetjohn

crochetjohn New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2015 Inferno TRD Pro
    Guess I can chime in with my personal experience. I placed my order for my 1B on 12/12/2017. On 12/13/2017 Daniel emailed me directly letting me know it would ship out late the next week. It shipped on the 22nd via fedex and arrived on the 27th. I see no problem there. They communicated and showed that I was on their radar for my order. It was right after all the black friday deals so I get how a smaller shop could be backed up and I had no problems waiting. It's just a stereo. Not the end of the world to wait. No problems with shipping there. Install was a breeze for me. Sounds great and I haven't had a problem since. I'd highly recommend their stuff. The install videos are extremely specific and they even take the time to recommend wiring paths. All around great product.

Trooper2 likes this.
  28. Dec 8, 2018 at 3:33 PM
    styx

styx New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Larry
    Knoxville, TN
    Vehicle:
    2017 SR5 DC TRD Offroad Magnetic Grey
    Raptor OEM Nerf Bars Leer Hard Tonnaeu Weathertech Vents Driver assist handle
    Well.....here's one more personal experience. I chose to install my own speakers and amp and I also do a lot of research before starting a project. Learned of ********* here on this forum and read the A/V threads as well. Checked out the ********* videos and decided to use some of their system components for my install. The underseat amp mounting bracket, wiring harness (same parts used in the system kits) and a couple of other items. The wiring harness came with a chart listing the color codes of each wire along with other install tips. I think for a small company they do quite well supplying all that is needed. I was also grateful that these components were offered individually for sale. Not many companies do that. Install was smooth as silk with no errors or corrections necessary. Also the quality of the parts was excellent......far above the quality of the average OTC install kits. I understood the shipping policy and I am one of those people that wants an order delivered ASAP so I opted for and paid the lowest shipping cost. And, yes, I understand there's a difference between a handful of parts and a full kit.

As for me, I am glad ********* is there. My Tundra is neat and happy and I am patiently waiting to see what will be offered to upgrade the sound in my new T4R. You will pay a little more for the ********* products but I found the quality and convenience worth it.

afbatts and Trooper2 like this.
  29. Dec 8, 2018 at 4:26 PM
    jmdaniel

Member:
    Leander, TX
    Vehicle:
    I guess the point is more than you can grasp.

The only person that reads Ts and Cs is Sheldon Cooper, and he doesn't even have a car, let alone a Tundra. If your whole defense on something that affects customer sat is buried in the Ts and Cs, be prepared to have a disgruntled customer or two.

str8-shooter and Norfolk757 like this.
  30. Dec 8, 2018 at 5:24 PM
    4Runner

4Runner New Member

Member:
    Columbia, SC
    Vehicle:
    2017 Black Limited FFV

Not really...just can’t believe how simple this is.

Products Discussed in

To Top