1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

TACO TUNES

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by midnight, Jan 19, 2018.

1. Jan 27, 2018 at 8:59 AM
    tacorob

tacorob New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Vehicle:
    2016 Tundra TRD CrewMax
    Lift wheels Tires
    Thank you for the input! WE will keep on keeping on! At the end of the day - I guess most guys can read past whatever they read on the web from a handful of naysayers . . . One glance at our FB page & website and you will SEE with your own eyes the hundreds of Tundra audio systems WE have installed. Plus with a few google search(es) and you see literally tens of thousands of install pictures of our products across the entire globe. I find it really cool when I see our stuff in Saudi Arabia and Australia and yes even Russia.

2. Jan 27, 2018 at 12:24 PM
    FlashCulprit

FlashCulprit ColoradoTJ's whipping boy/Gino's illegitimate son.

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Vehicle:
    2010 Super White SR5 TRD 5.7 4x4
    I'm glad to see that business is booming! That must be gratifying to see those customers overseas!

A lot of us forum hogs don't use social media for more than friends and family. Perhaps targeting forums for customer interaction isn't a bad way to go? Most of us come HERE to do out research on product integration. We would rather hear it from our friends that we talk to daily than some comment on yelp or something that says "Great." with 5 stars. We like details, we like to hear about interaction, we like to indulge ourselves in conversation with members. I mean good god... there are vendors on here with hundreds of messages to customers making sales on a regular basis to the point where they MARKET on here and other forums and have blistering success due to it. From an outsider prospective all we have is word of mouth. I'd rather see you on here making things right (which you are) than people sharing negative experiences to sway someone from you making business. Your ability to come back in a calm and understanding manner can make all the difference. Look at any fortune 500. No one is getting on the internet and calling people naysayers, they ask questions, provide direct contact information, follow up, and continue customer/potential customer interaction.

No one here is attacking you or your business. We're just relaying important information to one another to help with potential purchases from the mouth of someone we trust. This forum bodes more trust to myself than any facebook page or google search. And it's long history with certain members speaks volumes to the reliability of information we receive.

@smooosh had some really great points. I would love to see your business thrive, I don't think you have anything to bounce back from as you are already successful as you have pointed out.

Words for thought.

smooosh and GNTundra like this.
  3. Jan 27, 2018 at 3:00 PM
    tacorob

tacorob New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Vehicle:
    2016 Tundra TRD CrewMax
    Lift wheels Tires
    Awesome input! thx man! We will continue to learn from guys just like you sharing some thoughts and angles we need to consider. My grandpa told me. A smart man learns from his own mistakes, a wise one learns from other's mistakes & lessons.

4. Jan 27, 2018 at 3:44 PM
    Taco-Blender

Taco-Blender Old Guys Rule

Member:
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    2010 DC 4x4
    Just to lighten things up a bit, have you check ed out some of their how-to videos!?!

GNTundra likes this.
  5. Jan 27, 2018 at 3:55 PM
    tacorob

tacorob New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Vehicle:
    2016 Tundra TRD CrewMax
    Lift wheels Tires
    LMAO! What is Daffy doing????

6. Jan 27, 2018 at 3:57 PM
    tacorob

tacorob New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Vehicle:
    2016 Tundra TRD CrewMax
    Lift wheels Tires
  7. Jan 27, 2018 at 3:58 PM
    Taco-Blender

Taco-Blender Old Guys Rule

Member:
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    2010 DC 4x4
    Watching ********* how-to videos?

8. Jan 27, 2018 at 3:59 PM
    tacorob

tacorob New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Vehicle:
    2016 Tundra TRD CrewMax
    Lift wheels Tires
    :lalala:

9. Jan 27, 2018 at 5:10 PM
    Danimal86

Danimal86 Looks clean even when its dirty!

Member:
    First Name:
    Daniel
    Sacramento, CA
    Vehicle:
    2017 White Tundra SR5
    Best way to gain our trust is to become a vendor here and spend a lot of time on this forum. Look at toytec or dirtydeeds. those guys are on here all the time answering questions and not just pushing product.

10. Jan 27, 2018 at 6:36 PM
    TruckyTruck

TruckyTruck Dumbest Username

Member:
    First Name:
    Gary
    Texas
    I used some of their speaker brackets...

Here is what I've learned through experience, anything you do to amplify the stock head unit signal to the speakers will give you a low end white noise. The Toyota head unit puts out a dirty signal. Some have claimed that they didn't have this happen, only to come back and confirm later that they did in fact have this low end white noise. It's my humble and very diy/novice opinion that in order to make sure there is a clean signal, you have to replace the head unit. I tried every which way I could to keep my stock head unit, only to replace it in the end.

I'm sure there will be someone that will tell you they don't have this white noise, but there is a high probability that you will... And that they have some sort of hearing loss... :laugh:

That being said, if I was in your position, I would make sure I knew what the return policy is and give it a try... Maybe you will get lucky or just not be bothered by it. Personally, I just couldn't justify the money spent not to have it work perfectly.

Edit:
    As far as the ********* system, they didn't have it available when I did my install, so maybe it would resolve this issue, maybe I won't. Like I said, know the return policy and give it a shot. Having a direct line of communication with them here on this forum should give you a little confidence. Mistakes happen in all lines of business. Just my thoughts.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2018
  11. Jan 27, 2018 at 7:33 PM
    tacorob

tacorob New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Vehicle:
    2016 Tundra TRD CrewMax
    Lift wheels Tires
    Great Idea will hit up the admin and see what it takes to become a sponsor.

In the interim, if anyone would like a free koozie includes free shipping:

https://*********.com/shop/toyota-t...oducts/merch/toyota-tundra-koozie-can-cooler/

Coupon Code: tundrasdotcom

NOTE: Please scroll down to the free shipping option.

https://*********.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/Toyota-Tundra-Koozie-Can-Cooler-3.jpg

12. Jan 27, 2018 at 7:34 PM
    tacorob

tacorob New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Vehicle:
    2016 Tundra TRD CrewMax
    Lift wheels Tires
    WE have done quite a few 2013s and kept the stock unit. Customer are very happy. There are a few on our FB page.

TruckyTruck[QUOTED] likes this.
  13. Jan 27, 2018 at 7:37 PM
    Eclipsed & Floating

Eclipsed & Floating Over it.........

Member:
    I’m right where I need to be
    Vehicle:
    Voluptuous Whitey
    Annnnddddddd......he surfaces :D

What up, homie??

FlashCulprit[QUOTED] likes this.
  14. Jan 27, 2018 at 9:01 PM
    FlashCulprit

FlashCulprit ColoradoTJ's whipping boy/Gino's illegitimate son.

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Vehicle:
    2010 Super White SR5 TRD 5.7 4x4
    Just getting on with life the best I can. Haha I'll text you soon and we'll catch up!

15. Feb 2, 2018 at 8:04 AM
    tacorob

tacorob New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Vehicle:
    2016 Tundra TRD CrewMax
    Lift wheels Tires
    Howdy: I replied to the Welcome message on the board but have not heard back.Do you happen to know who we would contact to become a vendor on this forum?

16. Feb 2, 2018 at 8:44 AM
    Cfincke

Cfincke Mall Crawler but capable

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    San Antonio
    Vehicle:
    2014 Tundra 1794 CM 5.7 4x4 sunset bronze
    5.29s, Auburn LSD, 37x12.50R18, Icon coilovers and shocks, SPC UCA's, Tech 12 Volts sound system, Enve Grill
    @Sean266 @Bob

T-Rex266 likes this.
  17. Feb 2, 2018 at 8:44 AM
    T-Rex266

T-Rex266 Elon approved Staff Member

Member:
    You’ll need to PM Bob

18. Feb 2, 2018 at 8:46 AM
    tacorob

tacorob New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Vehicle:
    2016 Tundra TRD CrewMax
    Lift wheels Tires
  19. Feb 2, 2018 at 9:45 AM
    Grendel

Grendel New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2016 Quicksand TRD PRO
    Tacorob

I purchased a system for my Tundra months a few months ago. My time is finally freeing up where I can actually install it. One question when playing the "CD" it says to make sure that all speakers are disconnected. That means I will have to disconnect dash speakers as well or just adjust them down? Also is there a go by on disconnecting the dash speakers. Thanks

20. Feb 2, 2018 at 10:01 AM
    tacorob

tacorob New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Vehicle:
    2016 Tundra TRD CrewMax
    Lift wheels Tires
    If you purchased a system for your 2016 TRD Pro (your sig). I am thinking you ordered the System 1B? If so, we recommend removing the dash speakers completely in your configuration. The new tweeters in the sail panel will make a HUGE difference and you won't even hear the dash speakers. If you need help during your install you can hit us up via chat. WE also offer after hours text support. If you need a call just open a ticket and we will ring you back! :)

21. Dec 4, 2018 at 6:57 AM
    str8-shooter

str8-shooter New Member

Member:
    @tacorob

I'm sorry but your company is acting pretty petty. I tried to give you guys some business and after I didn't get any communications about my order 8 days later, I opened a ticket as specified on your website.

Then your support team tells me that the 7-10 day shipping actually means you won't even ship my order for at least 10 days. When I call him out on the play on words your website is using, he cancels my order.

Smooth

22. Dec 4, 2018 at 7:03 AM
    tacorob

tacorob New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Vehicle:
    2016 Tundra TRD CrewMax
    Lift wheels Tires
    Replying for Rob . . . I will be happy to check on this. But at first glance and reading the ticket, it appears as though you were unhappy, so they we went ahead and refunded you. In our Terms & Conditions page that you agreed to during the check out process . . it clearly states that FREE SHIPPING can take up to 10 days to process. If you need your order sooner, please consider paid shipping. In your statement you said we are "playing on words" and that any "reasonable" person would understand this. Our policy if is someone is uhappy before we ship the item refund the immediately. We apologize this transaction did not go as you expected. However, in our defense, we were still within the 10 days of free shipping policy. We have been processing hundreds of Black Friday orders and paid shipping customers are always processed first - hence the free shipping policy.

23. Dec 4, 2018 at 7:18 AM
    str8-shooter

str8-shooter New Member

Member:
    Here is a screenshot of your shipping options. To expect somebody to read the terms and conditions is ridiculous. Obviously that covers you legally, and that is great. I'm not making a point on that. I'm making a point on how your website is misleading on the free shipping and how you guys acted very petty when I brought it up by cancelling my order instead of just saying something to the affect of "hey I just checked on this - your order will ship out in the next 2 days"

Screen Shot 2018-12-04 at 9.10.44 AM.jpg

24. Dec 4, 2018 at 9:00 AM
    tacorob

tacorob New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Vehicle:
    2016 Tundra TRD CrewMax
    Lift wheels Tires
    It appears as though, we are not going to see eye to eye on this . . regardless of your claim, there was “no play on words” and we were up front about free shipping and the policy. Choosing not to read the T&Cs should not reflect poorly on *********.

Not sure about you . . but my daddy said when someone gives you something – can’t really complain much. You could have paid $7.90 and had it shipped out same or next day.

Again our apologies this did not work out.

Smoofers and Netmonkey like this.
  25. Dec 4, 2018 at 9:33 AM
    str8-shooter

str8-shooter New Member

Member:
    What exactly did you give me again? I tried to GIVE YOU BUSINESS.

Yes, I could have paid that - I wasn't aware that selecting 'free shipping' means you are basically considered a 2nd class customer to ********* and all other orders will be filled ahead of yours even if they came in after you.

No wonder your support team acts like they do. It comes from the top down. You acting like you are doing a favor to a paying customer is ridiculous.

26. Dec 4, 2018 at 10:24 AM
    Stumpjumper

Stumpjumper New Member

Member:
    Fate, Tx
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tundra TSS 4x4
    I was on the fence for a long time trying to decide if I should go with a ********* amp or not. I finally decided on the 5 channel amp. Other then even a basic set up printed instructions/wire diagram I am happy. Had I known beforehand I would have been better prepared. I watched videos on tearing the interior of the truck down but never imagined someone would ship a amp without a wire diagram or labelled wires. Having to stop, fire up my computer and then find the instructions on their website in the middle of the install ticked me off. Sound wise it is a big improvement and really brought my Infinity Kappas to life, especially the tweeters. I conversed via email with someone at ********* that said he was totally unaware of the bad reviews floating around. I figured he was either lying or living in one of those caves around San Antonio.

27. Dec 4, 2018 at 12:21 PM
    tacorob

tacorob New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Vehicle:
    2016 Tundra TRD CrewMax
    Lift wheels Tires
    https://*********.com/tundras/badcustomer.png
    Thank you for being a great example of what we have to put with along with bad reviews.
    Lets look at facts here and get away from how YOU feel.

1. You placed an order and selected free shipping – that states 7 -10 days. It has been 8 days.

2. You blame us for bad service when replied to you in a timely manner.

3. You say we are being deceptive with our “’play on words”.

4. BUT according to you here on this thread ********* has bad service and at fault when you chose NOT to read T&Cs?

The screen cap above . . here and your replies are a great example of a customer that TOTALLY passes the buck and makes it seem like were are just a horrible company to deal with. I find it odd that we have over 20,000 Tundra customers.. we have installed over 1,000 Tundra’s locally. WE bust our assses to take care of our customers. But quite honestly very tired of guys just like you that will not accept t ANY responsibility. As stated above, if customers are unhappy before we ship, it has become policy to refund them.

Our “clown show” has and will continue to do our best to take care of our customers. IF our service really was that bad . . I would guess that no one would be buying from us. Thank GOD savvy shoppers can see past a few bad reviews. It is not that hard to do a little math . . . with 20,000 Tundra customers and maybe 20 bad reviews (99.99% positives?) . . . maybe they are actually doing a decent job of taking care of customers.

We value our customers and VERY grateful to them . . however we learned it is better to walk away from some transactions.

BTW, the items you ordered are not on par with our products. The harnesses you ordered are NOT setup for a this type of configuration . . first off you will need to be splice and cut together ours setup is manufactured. The products you selected are not sufficient thickness/gauge . . Also, you will want to go with 16G wire (coming from amp), you are increasing the length and 18G (output to speakers) will not be sufficient gauge at that length. Plus to get the best connection will want to solder those connections. Time and money our setup is still more cost effective and manufactured to proper specs.

https://*********.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/Plug-Play-Amplifier-Head-unit-Interface-NON-JBL-10-Pin-Wire-Harness.jpg

28. Dec 4, 2018 at 12:23 PM
    TRD-tv

TRD-tv Menace2Ohio

Member:
    Cleveland OH
    Vehicle:
    2012 MGM Tundra TRD
    havent bought anything from them yet but i have emailed Rob, and i would feel much better supporting a company like his then other options out there. its ran by one hell of a passionate individual

tacorob likes this.
  29. Dec 4, 2018 at 12:29 PM
    tacorob

tacorob New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Vehicle:
    2016 Tundra TRD CrewMax
    Lift wheels Tires
    Thank you for the feedback. WE have recently started adding the following drawing to our 5 channel amp boxes (other amps get different schematic). We have and will continue to make adjustments to make it easier to install our products. We used to include printed material then tried to go green . . most of customers will just google, but we have found there are some some guys that want a printed document. So we have started to include them IN the packaging.

https://*********.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/TXD8005_PNP_SETUP_JPG.jpg

Last edited: Dec 4, 2018
  30. Dec 4, 2018 at 12:33 PM
    tacorob

tacorob New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Vehicle:
    2016 Tundra TRD CrewMax
    Lift wheels Tires
    Wow! Thank you! I/we have had to learn . . no matter how hard you try you can't please everyone. All we can do is our best. IF we screw up, we fix it. Last I checked we are all just humans.

TRD-tv[QUOTED] likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top