1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

TACO TUNES

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by midnight, Jan 19, 2018.

1. Jan 25, 2018 at 2:27 PM
    tacorob

tacorob New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Vehicle:
    2016 Tundra TRD CrewMax
    Lift wheels Tires
    I appreciate you taking the time to reply. Not sure why ti would take six months. However, a common issue that has occurred is when someone sends an item back without an RMA. We have stopped accepting packages without and RMA to avoid this issue. We ship lots of orders daily and we are human just like the next guy. Hopefully we have fixed this issue by refusing returns with no RMA.

Black Wolf likes this.
  2. Jan 25, 2018 at 2:39 PM
    tacorob

tacorob New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Vehicle:
    2016 Tundra TRD CrewMax
    Lift wheels Tires
    Give us a shout, we will answer your questions. Daniel or Josh help out with any questions. Yes, we have been with ID for over 12 years. Soon we will have our own line of ID speakers. We have manufactured our OWN brand amps, sound processors, sub boxes and even most of our harness systems are manufactured not "rigged" together.

Black Wolf and 4Runner[QUOTED] like this.
  3. Jan 25, 2018 at 3:18 PM
    4Runner

4Runner New Member

Member:
    Columbia, SC
    Vehicle:
    2017 Black Limited FFV
    Magnuson Supercharged, FOX 2.5 DSC front and rear, TRD Exhaust, TRD Rear Sway, and many more....build thread coming
    This is what I would have thought given what I read.

Black Wolf likes this.
  4. Jan 25, 2018 at 3:21 PM
    4Runner

4Runner New Member

Member:
    Columbia, SC
    Vehicle:
    2017 Black Limited FFV
    Magnuson Supercharged, FOX 2.5 DSC front and rear, TRD Exhaust, TRD Rear Sway, and many more....build thread coming
    I'm glad tacorob is tied into this thread. I'm going ********* next year.

TRD-tv and Black Wolf like this.
  5. Jan 25, 2018 at 3:22 PM
    tacorob

tacorob New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Vehicle:
    2016 Tundra TRD CrewMax
    Lift wheels Tires
    :) Do you have a 4Runner also?

6. Jan 25, 2018 at 3:27 PM
    4Runner

4Runner New Member

Member:
    Columbia, SC
    Vehicle:
    2017 Black Limited FFV
    Nope - just sold the 4Runner to my neighbor and purchased a 2017 CM, Will go PnP without the EQ thing...forget what it is called.

7. Jan 25, 2018 at 3:32 PM
    SATX_ProRunner

SATX_ProRunner New to forum, not new to tundras

Member:
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    2018 Blazing Blue 1794 4X4 ProRunner
    Still in progress
    @4Runner like I said the group here in San Antonio were probably a lot biased. Robs done a ton with the local tundra crew and has been very supportive of our fundrasing efforts. The sound is amazing. You’ll never turn the knob past 12 when driving. That being said if your looking for a bunch of custom fabrication I don’t think he’d mind me saying that’s probably not his thing. I’ve had the opportunity to speak with him at length and he saw a need in the fact that the tundra stereos are awful. Including the JBL system in a 1794. He’s made it so that your truck sounds like it should sound. I’m sure they’re are several on here that would say good and bad but my experience has only been good. If someone here has had a negative experience, all I can say is that’s not the guy I know or have heard folks talk about him like that here.

15whtrd, Black Wolf and tacorob like this.
  8. Jan 25, 2018 at 3:32 PM
    tacorob

tacorob New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Vehicle:
    2016 Tundra TRD CrewMax
    Lift wheels Tires
    Awesome! :) Congrats on the Tundra! I love mine! I have had 4 over the years.

9. Jan 25, 2018 at 3:47 PM
    4Runner

4Runner New Member

Member:
    Columbia, SC
    Vehicle:
    2017 Black Limited FFV
    I'm sold on ********* for my 17 CM Tundra.

10. Jan 25, 2018 at 4:15 PM
    tacorob

tacorob New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Vehicle:
    2016 Tundra TRD CrewMax
    Lift wheels Tires
    Man sure would like to see how we messed up here . . . if you can get me your order number and we just totally dropped the ball, we will send you a gift for our mistake. Six months? That is just not our way of operating. Something was missed somewhere. .

15whtrd and GNTundra like this.
  11. Jan 25, 2018 at 4:33 PM
    4Runner

4Runner New Member

Member:
    Columbia, SC
    Vehicle:
    2017 Black Limited FFV
    I'm sold on TT thanks @tacorob for chiming in

tacorob likes this.
  12. Jan 25, 2018 at 5:20 PM
    tacorob

tacorob New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Vehicle:
    2016 Tundra TRD CrewMax
    Lift wheels Tires
    thanks man! We will do our best.
    We have really been working on our response time and replies over the last couple years.
    I am pretty sure all you guys will find as far as complaints are old stuff. I am sure we have dropped the ball on an order or two . . keep in mind we ship a LOT of orders.

So our end goal is to be sure everyone is happy. WE are human, we mess up. . all we can do is pickup the ball and try again.

If anyone else needs help with any issues. WE will address them and get you squared away.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2018
  13. Jan 25, 2018 at 5:30 PM
    midnight

midnight [OP] IXLR8

Member:
    First Name:
    Todd
    GPT MS
    Vehicle:
    2018 MGM TRD Sport 4X4
    TRD Dual exhaust TRD cold air intake LED interior/exterior lighting TRD PRO Skid plate Driver side grab handle TRD Pro Shocks (BILSTIENS) Alea Custom Leather Seats JL Audio System by JRT Tundra Door Sill protectors Color matched door handles
    Well,
    It appears I started a s@@t storm here.
    I am sure that when anyone is about to drop a grand or two on equipment, one does as much research as possible and there is lots of knowledge on this forum.

14. Jan 25, 2018 at 5:34 PM
    tacorob

tacorob New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Vehicle:
    2016 Tundra TRD CrewMax
    Lift wheels Tires
    Not sure where this started, but ALL of our items our own designs. Would like to see what item they are talking about. We have had less than 1% failure rate on our equipment. For example, if you look at our recurve unit, it has tiffany style connectors most sound processor companies use the cheapest connectors possible. Our amps are approved to be used in BRAND NEW toyotas. Check out our faecbook page. We have done more Tundras than most shops combined!

BTW, we could have gone low end and saved a lot fo money on development and per piece costs . . however, we took the high road and it is paying huge! Our failure rate is less than 1%. The industry standard is 5%. Please do not state our equipment is "low end". It is far from it.

Black Wolf likes this.
  15. Jan 25, 2018 at 5:36 PM
    midnight

midnight [OP] IXLR8

Member:
    First Name:
    Todd
    GPT MS
    Vehicle:
    2018 MGM TRD Sport 4X4
    TRD Dual exhaust TRD cold air intake LED interior/exterior lighting TRD PRO Skid plate Driver side grab handle TRD Pro Shocks (BILSTIENS) Alea Custom Leather Seats JL Audio System by JRT Tundra Door Sill protectors Color matched door handles
    We will see! Not real sure, honestly. I know people are human and mistakes happen. It all goes back to OWNERSHIP in everything we do.

GNTundra likes this.
  16. Jan 25, 2018 at 5:39 PM
    tacorob

tacorob New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Vehicle:
    2016 Tundra TRD CrewMax
    Lift wheels Tires
    Yupper! Agree, taking ownership and trying to get to what is real and what is blown out of proportion . . Take a look at our FB page. You will see thousands of pics of Tundras we have done. As mentioned above, we do lots of truck for local toyota dealers. Not many companies can say that. Our products get rolled into new car toyota financing. BTW, appreciate you bringing this up. Would love to put a lot of this to bed.

Black Wolf likes this.
  17. Jan 25, 2018 at 5:44 PM
    tacorob

tacorob New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Vehicle:
    2016 Tundra TRD CrewMax
    Lift wheels Tires
    Last time I checked they are NOT authorized to sell any JL audio gear. You will not have a warranty covered by JL audio. YOu can check yourself.

http://www.jlaudio.com/footer/Internet+Sales/

http://www.jlaudio.com/dealers?country=US&usa=1&product_type=6863126&zip=31510

We are authorized for ALL products we sell NOT just our own.

WE run a legitimate business, we don't sell "under the table" or gray market gear.

Theonlyway and Black Wolf like this.
  18. Jan 25, 2018 at 5:49 PM
    tacorob

tacorob New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Vehicle:
    2016 Tundra TRD CrewMax
    Lift wheels Tires
    Totally Agree! I would also! :)

19. Jan 25, 2018 at 5:52 PM
    midnight

midnight [OP] IXLR8

Member:
    First Name:
    Todd
    GPT MS
    Vehicle:
    2018 MGM TRD Sport 4X4
    Rob
    I never said anything bad towards your shop or equipment brother. I am doing my research. I have spoken to you guys at least 10 times and have built several carts. I just want others opinions, nothing wrong with asking others. Sorry and hope there are no hard feeling.

20. Jan 25, 2018 at 5:56 PM
    tacorob

tacorob New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Vehicle:
    2016 Tundra TRD CrewMax
    Lift wheels Tires
    LEt me backup . . I hope I am not coming off rude or harsh . . just replying to the many comments. My end goal is to be sure we are taking care of whatever needs to be fixed. So far @GNTundra is first one to reply to comments above. I TRULY appreciate the opportunity to fix all these issues (if any are outstanding) and 2 maybe get a shot to earn your business. 3. Make sure whatever BS storeis started by "some audio" guy, come to an end. I know that was not you. You wee just asking for input . . so you got stuck in middle . . . really sorry to put you there. Hope no hard feelings this way either. I am simple straight forward with just facts. Everyone has "opinions". I try to focus on facts.

Black Wolf likes this.
  21. Jan 25, 2018 at 6:08 PM
    FlashCulprit

FlashCulprit ColoradoTJ's whipping boy/Gino's illegitimate son.

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Vehicle:
    2010 Super White SR5 TRD 5.7 4x4
    @GNTundra who has already replied to this thread after I had tagged him early on. The other member has been notified and had already received his refund after a similar issue to @GNTundra. He will chime in if he decides too.

Good to see you trying to make things right. I'm sorry if you took my words as negative, however, I try my hardest to be straight and honest with the things that I had watched happen and heard. We're a tight nit community, most of us don't have lots of money and can't afford to be tied up like that. I'm glad to see you attempt to make things Right.

22. Jan 25, 2018 at 6:13 PM
    tacorob

tacorob New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Vehicle:
    2016 Tundra TRD CrewMax
    Lift wheels Tires
    thanks for taking time to reply!

FlashCulprit[QUOTED] likes this.
  23. Jan 25, 2018 at 6:21 PM
    FlashCulprit

FlashCulprit ColoradoTJ's whipping boy/Gino's illegitimate son.

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Vehicle:
    2010 Super White SR5 TRD 5.7 4x4
    :goingcrazy:

Eclipsed & Floating and GNTundra like this.
  24. Jan 25, 2018 at 7:07 PM
    Homeo2guy

Homeo2guy New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    06 Tundra DC
    Nothing
    I went to see tech12 shop
    Stand up Professional who have the Goods!

FlashCulprit and midnight[OP] like this.
  25. Jan 27, 2018 at 4:47 AM
    soarvet

soarvet New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Vehicle:
    2017 Silver Tundra Crewmax 4x4 XSP package
    Don't get your panties in a bunch bruh . just to be clear, I was not calling your product low end. I said I was afraid of low end products if I'm dropping that kind of cash. I was refering to the comment above mine where they mentioned some other installer calling it re-labeled low end gear.
    Everybody has their opinions about the different gear, that's why we are all in here, too find out people's opinions on a product that some are more familiar with than others. I appreciate you getting on here defending your product. That's what a good business does.
    I'm still impressed with your products and will probably order soon. Was just looking for others opinions.

FlashCulprit and Black Wolf like this.
  26. Jan 27, 2018 at 5:07 AM
    Black Wolf

Black Wolf Bigfoot Hunter, Sasquatch too, but not Yeti

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Aurora CO
    Vehicle:
    2022 Nissan Frontier SV 4X4
    TuwaPro rack, Z1 Offroad stuff, NISMO suspension stuff, FlowmasterFX Extreme exhaust, AIS, OVS, J&L can, other goodies on the way
    THIS^^^^^^ Been following this thread like a lot of others. No one likes criticism whether deserved or not. It's refreshing to see someone defending their side. So many businesses don't give a flying f**k. I may want to upgrade my POS stereo at some point. I find this thread quite interesting.

soarvet[QUOTED] likes this.
  27. Jan 27, 2018 at 7:32 AM
    tacorob

tacorob New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Vehicle:
    2016 Tundra TRD CrewMax
    Lift wheels Tires
    Thanks fro taking time to reply! Really appreciate it . . . you are right I am being a bit uptight thanks for pointing it out . .just want to make sure our products are presented properly. If people really do research they will see a few years back we had a hard time keeping up with demand (primarily shipping). However, the last few years we added support guys. We are still small but we are very focused on Toyotas only. WE manufacture parts not available anywhere else. We don’t take someone else’s equipment follow their instructions and call ourselves professionals, we manufacture and innovate many new products. We are introducing more product lines for other Toyotas. IF you look at our website you will see all we do is TOYOTA. WE have other guys copy our box designs and try to mimic our harness systems. But at the end of the day, we have done way more installs on Tundras than most shops combined . . we don’t just say it – you can see it on our website & facebook page. But al that to say, we try hard to provide the best solutions for your Tundra and we will do your best to make sure you are taken care of . . and you will be hard pressed to find another solution that comes close!

28. Jan 27, 2018 at 7:38 AM
    tacorob

tacorob New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Vehicle:
    2016 Tundra TRD CrewMax
    Lift wheels Tires
    Criticism is how we grow, but it is hard not to get fired up over “ I heard this or that”. We work really hard to keep our customers happy. With over 100K (many of them repeat) Toyota customers over the last 13 years, I am sure we have dropped the ball. We are human . . . if we mess up, we will pickup the ball and keep on running. BTW, thanks for taking the time for input. . . I understand in today's world for someone to actually take time to reply - is a big deal.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2018
  29. Jan 27, 2018 at 7:44 AM
    tacorob

tacorob New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Vehicle:
    2016 Tundra TRD CrewMax
    Lift wheels Tires
    Just to clarify, we took care of @GNTundra – there was a break in our system. WE fixed by no longer accepting returns without an RMA. But we had taken care of him long before this thread. @TheBronze1 we found the issue and have made some corrections on our site so that problem does not occur again. We have adjusted our automated system to have existing customers create a ticket so we don’t lose any emails. I checked in on him and he said he is good to go. I have not seen any other replies to other issues?

BTW, we offer after hours text support for most of our products and you can call for help. WE just ask that ticket be created first so we can call back in order. Keep in mind we have thousands of customers, but we generally call back the same day. If extremely urgent like your tundra is taken apart and you need help NOW, we will put those customers in front of general questions.

Many of our customers will tell you they have received help at all hours of day night and weekend. I can't promise 24x7, but we will try to reply regardless of time. We understand you need your truck.

BTW, this is for our products only. We can't help with other products (we will help if using in conjunction with our stuff) . We have a few bad reviews from guys that bought NOTHING from us and said our support sucks because we would not help them. Sorry guys we have to many of our own customers to take care of - that actually paid us money. Our customers have to come first.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2018
    blue16 and Black Wolf like this.
  30. Jan 27, 2018 at 8:28 AM
    smooosh

smooosh This place costs me too much $

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2018 TRD Offroad Limited Crewmax.
    Ongoing project
    @tacorob If you are trying to fix the brand name (which the problems might be not deserved) you are going to need to get on a bunch more forums then this. I was one of the people that posted but I did start my post with "All this came from the internet so take it with a grain of salt." I just switched out my stereo and spent almost double what I would have paid for your system after doing allot of research and not feeling comfortable with what I was reading. Even the positive reviews that I found on a forum had some negative parts to it. This post for example (http://www.tundratalk.net/forums/tu...70305-*********-system-1b-install-review.html) .

You're never going to get everything right but being mail order and at a higher price point you need to make people comfortable and googling taco tunes tundra pulls up your marketing and installation information and countless other posts with threads just like this one. If I was local to you I might have used, you because if I had a problem I could have sat on your door step until you fixed it. Even more important is I have no idea how it’s going to sound. I can go into a stereo shop and listen to speakers and figure out if they are good or not for my ear. Even if I don't buy them from my local I have an idea how it will sound in my truck. Not all amps are created the same. I would have loved to spend $400 in both the sub-woofer and 4 channel amps. I spent more than that on one of my 2 amps but I knew what I was getting.

An idea for you could be give an affiliate fee to local people all throughout the country that have your product installed that can be your sales force. You could have a part on your website that I could search for a local person, meet up with them and check out your product. If I buy you just got a sale because of that customer so you kick something back. That will not fix the problem of non-responsiveness but Tech-12V also had that issue and now everyone seems to love him. This would fix the issue of knowing how it really sounds. If all I read are the bad parts, then that negativity is going to leach over onto all parts of your product including the sound.

As I said I went the local rout, so you don't have to sell me. I just wanted to let you know my thought process because I spent hours researching the different packages out there and the biggest hurtle that made me not go with you is that I could spend all this money, and all this time installing it and it sound like crap. Because of that I spent even more money and I could not be happier.

Products Discussed in

To Top