1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

********* System 1B - Detailed Installation and Reviews

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by Netmonkey, Jul 31, 2018.

1. Nov 28, 2021 at 6:48 AM
    Black@Blue19

Black@Blue19 Old Salt

Member:
    First Name:
    Ken
    SE Texas
    Vehicle:
    21 SR5 TSS Onroad, 24 Camaro 2SS 6.2 L
    To much to list:)
    That is crazy stuff right there!! I am glad you were able to do that. I myself cannot do that anymore. I drove over to Helotes early on a Friday from Santa Fe area and was there at 8 or so. The regular install guy showed up at nine and got right to work. I went in and watched TV and played pool and napped. The install guy is OCD meticulous!! I watched him for a few minutes and he has a certain pattern and when he is done doing one thing he goes back and checked everything in a certain order, they do first class work and no one can tell you have a custom stereo in you Tundra until you turn it up and unleash the power!!! My truck rocks and I can’t wait to get it back from the dealer fixing what a jerk did to it while installing my leather!! This is my second system from Taco Tunes the first one was the number one system and this time the wife and I purchased the 1B with the 2 12 inch woofers and what a difference that makes!! The sound is crispy clear and the wife wanted to know why we did not get this the first time!!! The install lasted until just about three to four in the afternoon including the guy took a lunch waiting for the paint to dry on the sub box. Great sound, great warranty, and great people in Helotes Texas. The waiting room is a small house minus a kitchen, it’s a great place to relax as you wait! Thanks for that write up and doing that install. I would not be able to do that!!!! Good On Ya!!!!!:) and rock on!! I went to a Toyota thingy a few weekends ago and when I would turn on my system I would get a bunch of questions where I got it and if I did the install. It is a great sounding system with more than enough power to upset your neighbors!!!!:)

i did have them add the processor, they make them and I was the first to get one,,, so I thought that was good. The daughter is going to have one put in and I will drive up too and have them install a light bar with their custom brackets in the bumper area. They had Daniel’s truck tore apart testing out new things on it while I was there.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2021
  2. Nov 28, 2021 at 7:06 AM
    zlaneb

zlaneb New Member

Member:
    Austin, TX
    Man, I've been on the fence about doing this for 2 years. I even met a guy here in Austin and listened to his set up and I was blown away. I'm a step closer to pulling the trigger after reading your review/experience with the install process. Thanks for sharing.

3. Nov 28, 2021 at 7:35 AM
    Black@Blue19

Black@Blue19 Old Salt

Member:
    First Name:
    Ken
    SE Texas
    Vehicle:
    21 SR5 TSS Onroad, 24 Camaro 2SS 6.2 L
    To much to list:)
    PS!!:) remember to start the truck if you rock for 15 to 30 minutes or more!! That system draws mucho power!!!! When I get my truck back,, I moved a new better battery into the number 1 position. I should have transferred batteries when I traded trucks??? DUH?? Didn’t even think of that one.:)

Products Discussed in

To Top