1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

SwitchPros wiring, blue wire to?

Discussion in '2.5 Gen Tundras (2014-2021)' started by smslavin, Aug 8, 2017.

1. Aug 8, 2017 at 5:27 PM
    smslavin

smslavin [OP] Behind a lens...

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    Hudson Valley
    Vehicle:
    2016 Tundra CrewMax SR5
    Some stuff
    Wanting to get this wrapped up this evening. The blue wire on the SwitchPros needs to go to an ignition hot location. I already have an add-a-fuse in the ignition slot under the hood. It is connected to the LEDs on the headlights with 7.5 fuse. Can I tap into that wire and put in a bigger fuse? If that's a dumb idea, where else do I go?

2. Aug 8, 2017 at 6:13 PM
    smslavin

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    Hudson Valley
    Vehicle:
    2016 Tundra CrewMax SR5
    Some stuff
    "Connect the blue wire for the ignition sense signal. This can be any signal that supplies a 12v signal when the ignition is switched on."

They've included an add-a-fuse with a 15a fuse. I could use cigarette lighter under the dash, yes?

dcsleeper408 likes this.
  3. Aug 8, 2017 at 9:51 PM
    bobeast

bobeast really old member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Hollister, CA
    Vehicle:
    2008 DC
    - Bull Bar - LED Bunny Burners - AMP retractable running boards - Headlight leveling retrofit - P3 Brake Controller - 60% rear seat delete - relocation of Sub to rear wall - Bilstein 5100 x4, top setting with 2 shims per side - Coach builder +2 rear shackles w/carrier bearing drop - Firestone Air bags - on-board compressor with auto-leveling - Dual Undercover Swing Boxes. - P285/65/R20 (34.6") BFG TA KO2's - TRD Front skid plate - Pop & Lock Tailgate lock - Remote Tailgate mod - LED Headlights - Nav Bypass - iPhone integration - Serius/XM retrofit - 25% front tint - Bizon electric tonneau cover - Power folding tow mirror upgrade - 2010+ leveling Headlight mod - Auto-fold mirror mod. - one-touch lane changer mod - Flash to open garage opener mod - Rigid H/L fog light upgrade - Pushbutton / Remote start mod.
    If you need to tap into an existing ignition circuit but can't (you shouldn't) increase the fuse size; The trick is to run that tap to the coil of a relay. The other side of the relay coil goes to ground. One switch contact goes from +12 battery through the appropriate fuse size for the load. The other switch contact of course goes to the load. This trick allows you to use ignition as your triggering source, but run higher current directly from the battery (through a fuse of course) to your load.

Now all that said, the blue wire to which you refer, may in fact be doing exactly as I described, in which case you should be able to tap into your existing fuse tap. Check with the manufacturer to determine if this is the case.

NewImprovedRon likes this.
  4. Aug 9, 2017 at 4:20 AM
    osidepunker

osidepunker OsidePunker

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    2013 Tundra DC 4x4
    Full LT, full armor, fully self contained Speed Glamper
    Its just an ignition sense. Dont worry about the amperage, it wont draw much. Just connect it to any positive wire that is powered when the ignition is on.

@Spolar decided to connect his to the fog light positive. Then his switch pro will be on when he turns on his fog lights.

5. Aug 9, 2017 at 7:41 AM
    smslavin

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    Hudson Valley
    Vehicle:
    2016 Tundra CrewMax SR5
    Some stuff
    So I used the A/C fuse under the dash. Everything looks good. Next project is the light bar in the hood scoop.

osidepunker and NewImprovedRon like this.

Products Discussed in

To Top