1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Switch Pros 9100 Install

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by matictundra, Jun 10, 2019.

1. Sep 11, 2019 at 3:05 PM
    DividedSky

DividedSky New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Vehicle:
    '18 Crewmax - ADS Mid Travel
    ADS 2.5's (rear bypass) U748 Leaf Springs
    This is for a 2019 Pro?
    I have an 18 and wanted to install a similar switch panel, but what was holding me back was where to hook up all the wires.
    THANKS!!!

2. Sep 11, 2019 at 3:38 PM
    shellshock

shellshock Guy who drives a lot

Member:
    Iowa
    Vehicle:
    2019 TRD PRO
    Yup. 2019 Pro.

SDHQ mount under the hood and in the cab for the controller and switch panel. Controller cable is ran through the nipple under the factory wiring harness through the firewall. Then the 3 control wires follow the factory wiring into the fuse box under the hood.

If you’ve got questions or want more pix, let me know. It’s fairly simple and very clean when you are all finished.

Also if you order directly from switch pro, you can request they unpin the 4 pin connector for you so you don’t have to deal with that to get it through the firewall.

zachzap361 likes this.
  3. Sep 12, 2019 at 11:00 AM
    DividedSky

DividedSky New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Vehicle:
    '18 Crewmax - ADS Mid Travel
    ADS 2.5's (rear bypass) U748 Leaf Springs
    Ok... So I think I have this all figured out.

Per the diagram below, you have the BLUE wire going into the IGN (ignition?) fuse? Or to the INJ right above it?
    The white "lights" wire can go to either of the Low-Beam fuses on the left side...
    The Trigger wire (which I don't have since I'm not using Switch-pro) went to one of the High Beam fuses on the right side.

@GiantsFanDan hooked his up to ANYTIME power rather than ignition so he could run lights without having the vehicle running (I believe) and @831Tun also suggested checking out the indicated empty fuse spot for anytime power.

FusePanel.jpg

831Tun likes this.
  4. Sep 12, 2019 at 5:46 PM
    831Tun

831Tun heartless Bastrd

Member:
    First Name:
    Warren
    Santa Cruz
    Vehicle:
    '16 CM limited
    TC long travel. Deaver 420 SU leaf packs.
    I pulled ignition power there not anytime. My lights only work when the ignition on. I don't remember exactly which slot but you're definitely in the right area.

5. Sep 13, 2019 at 10:04 AM
    MMichaelJJ

MMichaelJJ New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Vehicle:
    14 Platinum CM
    I also pulled my ignition from “10A IGN” and my illumination from one of the low beams. Since I’m running my fog lights from my switch pros I used the factory fog light wiring for my trigger wire.

6. May 24, 2021 at 2:36 PM
    farm&forest

farm&forest New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2021 Tundra SR5 TRD-Off Road Double Cab
    Dobinsons 2-3" Complete Suspension Kit w/ medium Dobs Leafs, Decked Drawer System, Leitner Forged ACS Rack, Line-Xed bed and Line-Xed Tyger Blade Steps, Wet Okole seat covers, VLED lighting, soon to add Swith Pro and auxillary lights
    Could someone assist me in choosing an appropriate terminal junction box and ground bus for the SP- I am looking at Blue Sea products, I know I want enough screws for the eight wires but I see different amp ratings...I recall an Amazon product link in a SP thread but cannot seem to find it...

7. May 24, 2021 at 3:53 PM
    matictundra

matictundra [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Franco
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    2017 Red Tundra SR5 4x4 CM
    3"/1.5" Lift (Fox 2.5 DSC all around, JBA UCA's and Toytec Shackles at 1.5") Front and Rear TRD Sway Bars Nitto Ridge Grappler 37x12.5R18 w/ Brz 18x9 +25mm Methods MR701 Wheels AFE Dry Filter with TRD Flow Acc Dirty Deed No Muffler Exhaust Nitro 5.29 Gears RCI Engine, Trany/Trans-Case and Fuel Skid Plates Relocated Rear Diff Breather | Rear Brake Line Extension Jomax ABS Sensor Armor Colored Matched Front Bulge and TRD Pro Grill Assy Modded ADD Stealth Fighter Front Bumper Custom High Clearance Rear Bumper with Modded Tow Receiver Behind Plate and Chopped Rear Fender Custom Bed Stiffeners 2019 TRD PRO LED Headlights w/ Ihacker Harness | BD 40" ARC AMB/WHT DC OnX6 BD 10" Onx6 in the Grill (2X) Rago Low-Profile Ditch and Extended Brkt with Daul BD Squadron Pros - AMB & WHT AMB LED Chase Light (Cargo) | Dual BD Squadron Sports in Rear Bumper Prinsu Roof Rack with a Pair of BD S1 For the Sides and Rear Mictunning C2 Rock Lights, 2 per wheel, and Toyota style switch 2X 55" Quick Light Whips with Toyota style switch Switch Pros SP-9100 with Custom Switch Mount, Custom Engine and Roof Terminal Junction Boxes 12K Lbs Smittybilt Winch with wireless remote and Factor 55 FlatLink E Amp Power Step EVO-One Remote Start Limo Tint (All Around) | De-Badged LED Interior lights with Front / Rear Interior Footwell LED Blue LED Lit Lock/Window Switch Mod AJT Full Chrome Delete Kit w/ 3R3 Painted SHCS Toyota LED Bed Lights Leather Perforated Wrapped Steering Wheel Black TRD Shift Knob ESP Long Box BakFlip MX4 Bed Cover Thinkware Q800Pro Dashcam (Front & Rear) Rago Dashmount w/ Ram Phone Holder
    I used this for the power terminal block...
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000MMC7QQ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8

I used this for the ground terminal block...
    https://www.amazon.com/Blue-Sea-Sys...s=blue+sea+ground+block&qid=1621896765&sr=8-1

COTundra23 and 831Tun like this.
  8. May 24, 2021 at 4:04 PM
    831Tun

831Tun heartless Bastrd

Member:
    First Name:
    Warren
    Santa Cruz
    Vehicle:
    '16 CM limited
    TC long travel. Deaver 420 SU leaf packs.
  9. May 24, 2021 at 4:30 PM
    heckler66

heckler66 New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2012 Tundra CM 4x4
    Icon Billet Upper CA King 2.5 Fr / Rr Deaver U748 Victory 4x4 bumper RCI Skid plates Baja Designs lights
    I did mine pretty similar on top of the fuse box.

IMG_0523.jpg

diablodalton and 619Iron like this.
  10. May 24, 2021 at 6:00 PM
    farm&forest

farm&forest New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Dobinsons 2-3" Complete Suspension Kit w/ medium Dobs Leafs, Decked Drawer System, Leitner Forged ACS Rack, Line-Xed bed and Line-Xed Tyger Blade Steps, Wet Okole seat covers, VLED lighting, soon to add Swith Pro and auxillary lights
    Awesome, thanks for the links guys!

11. May 25, 2021 at 8:46 AM
    matictundra

Member:
    First Name:
    Franco
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    3"/1.5" Lift (Fox 2.5 DSC all around, JBA UCA's and Toytec Shackles at 1.5") Front and Rear TRD Sway Bars Nitto Ridge Grappler 37x12.5R18 w/ Brz 18x9 +25mm Methods MR701 Wheels AFE Dry Filter with TRD Flow Acc Dirty Deed No Muffler Exhaust Nitro 5.29 Gears RCI Engine, Trany/Trans-Case and Fuel Skid Plates Relocated Rear Diff Breather | Rear Brake Line Extension Jomax ABS Sensor Armor Colored Matched Front Bulge and TRD Pro Grill Assy Modded ADD Stealth Fighter Front Bumper Custom High Clearance Rear Bumper with Modded Tow Receiver Behind Plate and Chopped Rear Fender Custom Bed Stiffeners 2019 TRD PRO LED Headlights w/ Ihacker Harness | BD 40" ARC AMB/WHT DC OnX6 BD 10" Onx6 in the Grill (2X) Rago Low-Profile Ditch and Extended Brkt with Daul BD Squadron Pros - AMB & WHT AMB LED Chase Light (Cargo) | Dual BD Squadron Sports in Rear Bumper Prinsu Roof Rack with a Pair of BD S1 For the Sides and Rear Mictunning C2 Rock Lights, 2 per wheel, and Toyota style switch 2X 55" Quick Light Whips with Toyota style switch Switch Pros SP-9100 with Custom Switch Mount, Custom Engine and Roof Terminal Junction Boxes 12K Lbs Smittybilt Winch with wireless remote and Factor 55 FlatLink E Amp Power Step EVO-One Remote Start Limo Tint (All Around) | De-Badged LED Interior lights with Front / Rear Interior Footwell LED Blue LED Lit Lock/Window Switch Mod AJT Full Chrome Delete Kit w/ 3R3 Painted SHCS Toyota LED Bed Lights Leather Perforated Wrapped Steering Wheel Black TRD Shift Knob ESP Long Box BakFlip MX4 Bed Cover Thinkware Q800Pro Dashcam (Front & Rear) Rago Dashmount w/ Ram Phone Holder
    That looks awesome but I opted not to install it on top of the fuse box because I want easy access to the fuses. I installed mine on the passenger size on top of the junction box. It will be very rare you need access to the junction box.

12. Jun 19, 2021 at 11:36 PM
    Zachmo113

Zachmo113 Beskar

Member:
    So Cal
    Vehicle:
    2019 MGM Limited OR 4x4
    Thank you for the detailed write up.

Does anyone have a picture of how the wires were routed inside the cab?

I bought the SDHQ shifter mount and want to see how to run the wiring to the firewall grommet.

Thanks in advance, I’m looking forward to installing my switch pro this week!

13. Jun 19, 2021 at 11:49 PM
    fisherman951

fisherman951 MT dreams

Member:
    First Name:
    Tony
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    2017 crewmax 4x4
    On your grommet you probably have a little nipple on the bottom of it. Slice that and run the wires thru there. I found that if you depin the wire it makes your life easier.

Zachmo113[QUOTED] and 831Tun like this.
  14. Jun 20, 2021 at 12:07 AM
    Zachmo113

Zachmo113 Beskar

Member:
    So Cal
    Vehicle:
    2019 MGM Limited OR 4x4
    I did that when I ran my ditch lights. I know I have to run the power cord through there for the switch pro, but how was it routed from the grommet to the shifter mount?

Did you route it under the steering wheel or was it on the floorboard? How did you get the wire into the center console?

15. Jun 20, 2021 at 4:00 AM
    farm&forest

farm&forest New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    I routed underneath the floor carpet, crossing under the pedals to near the front of the console. I didn't remove the entire console, just the shifter piece. It comes straight off, but be careful removing it not to break the plastic tabs. I used a plastic trim removal tool.

Zachmo113 likes this.
  16. Aug 7, 2021 at 8:37 PM
    COTundra23

COTundra23 New Member

Member:
  17. Aug 8, 2021 at 11:00 AM
    matictundra

Member:
    First Name:
    Franco
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    8C093B03-E4CF-4873-B916-CE6CDDFAAC35.jpg

COTundra23[QUOTED] likes this.
  18. Aug 8, 2021 at 11:13 AM
    COTundra23

COTundra23 New Member

Member:
    Thank you sir!

matictundra[OP] likes this.
  19. Oct 24, 2021 at 1:54 PM
    farm&forest

farm&forest New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    I have an SP9100 running aux lights and an arb compressor. Everything works great. I just installed an MPPT solar charge controller/hood mount solar panel to keep my batt topped off since I run the aux lights with the truck turned off a fair amount on my farm. Anyway, the SP is only getting 10v when the mppt is connected to the batt. Grounds are connected directly to the neg batt terminal. All pos to pos batt terminal. If I disconnect the charger leads the SP runs fine. Charger is charging the batt. Batt is 12v+ What do I need to know?

Products Discussed in

To Top