1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

stuff I’ve been up to.

Discussion in 'Home Improvement' started by 15whtrd, May 10, 2020.

1. May 11, 2020 at 9:54 AM
    Jim LE 1301

Jim LE 1301 Camaro Lover, SSEM # 11,TTC#179

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Hudson Valley, New York
    Vehicle:
    2018 MGM Tundra TRD Sport Double Cab
    Looks great Sean.:thumbsup:

15whtrd[OP] likes this.
  2. May 11, 2020 at 10:56 AM
    porkitt

porkitt New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ian
    Vehicle:
    Tundra Pro Cement
    DAP Tune ESP Storage RCI Skids Icon Rebound ABS Guards AVS Vent Visor FRAC Harness 50 Cal/Antenna X BFG KO2 HID Extra Light Bar White Knuckle Off Road Sliders BAK Industries Revolver X2 Oh Shit Handles Pop and Lock LED Internal and Reverse Lights LED Footwell lights Tuffy Storage Console organizers Viper Alarm and Remote Start
    I heard vacations are expensive, and over crowded!

Pinay and 15whtrd[QUOTED][OP] like this.
  3. May 11, 2020 at 11:34 AM
    15whtrd

15whtrd [OP] Mr. Blonde

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    White 2015 Tundra DC SR5 TRD 4x4 5.7L, White 2003 Sequoia 2WD
    TRD Pro suspension, +2 Coachbuilder shackles, 2015 TRD Pro headlights, 20% ceramic tinted windows, clear ceramic tinted front windshield, aFe drop in pro s dry air filter, TRD airflow accelerator, TRD oil fill cap, TRD 18 psi radiator cap, BDX Bullydog tuner, Weathertech floor mats front and rear, rear seat fold down mod, DNA hard trifold tonneau cover, Linex with uv protection, TRD rear swaybar, TRD center caps, TRD Pro grille insert with color matching surround and bulge, TRD PRO headlights, aluminum oil filter canister, Real truck tailgate seal, Pop-n-lock tailgate lock actuator, rear diff breather relocate, RCI front skid plate. 275/70 R18 BFG KO2s
    They are! Although we’ve got family in Hawaii throughout the islands who are always ready to have guests LOL. Just need to get there. But my wife and I are on the same page about fixing up the house. If you make your home comfortable and enjoyable to live in there’s not as much of a reason to need to leave. Save up for nice big trips instead of going out weekly. I’d rather have a barbecue and a few beers with family and friends at my house. Everyone can chip in 20 bucks and we have a great time. Bring some beer or some steaks or snacks. One evening out for two people gets expensive real quick. And honestly I think my steaks and barbecue are better then I can buy at a restaurant.So it just makes sense to make your own living space a sweet little paradise. I look forward to going home and kicking back out there now.

4. May 11, 2020 at 11:40 AM
    Darkness

Darkness Allergic to white

Member:
    First Name:
    Luis
    All over SoCal
    Vehicle:
    The darkest
    It's really dark
    Hope you're doing well buddy. I wondered where you've been lately. I've been in a similar funk for the last few years and just starting to get out of it, but it's hard to motivate myself to get from an idea into a realization.

Also glad to see you haven't missed the dart board and hot the tv yet. :D

GODZILLA, 15whtrd[OP] and Pinay like this.
  5. May 11, 2020 at 12:20 PM
    15whtrd

15whtrd [OP] Mr. Blonde

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    White 2015 Tundra DC SR5 TRD 4x4 5.7L, White 2003 Sequoia 2WD
    TRD Pro suspension, +2 Coachbuilder shackles, 2015 TRD Pro headlights, 20% ceramic tinted windows, clear ceramic tinted front windshield, aFe drop in pro s dry air filter, TRD airflow accelerator, TRD oil fill cap, TRD 18 psi radiator cap, BDX Bullydog tuner, Weathertech floor mats front and rear, rear seat fold down mod, DNA hard trifold tonneau cover, Linex with uv protection, TRD rear swaybar, TRD center caps, TRD Pro grille insert with color matching surround and bulge, TRD PRO headlights, aluminum oil filter canister, Real truck tailgate seal, Pop-n-lock tailgate lock actuator, rear diff breather relocate, RCI front skid plate. 275/70 R18 BFG KO2s
    hahaha Luckily it’s the plastic tip dart board. The rule for everyone is that side needs to be closed when playing darts. But I don’t close it when I play. I guess I’m tempting fate but, I try to be careful.

i’m so used to being the go-getter that it’s been a progressive downward spiral. I’ve always needed a little kick in the butt to get me going, but usually I handle things. Lately I think about it for so long that I start to overwhelm myself in my mind instead of taking action. I mean I handle the necessities but I’m not as proactive as I once was.

GODZILLA, Darkness[QUOTED] and Bama like this.
  6. May 11, 2020 at 1:12 PM
    Darkness

Darkness Allergic to white

Member:
    First Name:
    Luis
    All over SoCal
    Vehicle:
    The darkest
    It's really dark
    That's my problem too. Trying to make things perfect so that I don't regret not doing things a certain way later, like how you mentioned you wish you torched that wood on your fridge box(I like it by the way, came out real nice). I have those sentiments over almost everything I build and trying to plan too hard leads me to never executing.

Hope you get through it, gotta spend some time doing what you want instead of what you need. It spices things up and it's easier to motivate yourself that way.

By the way, I put up a dart board on my patio the other night. Had a good few beers and went to practice after my chores are done, took me about 5 minutes to realize sandals are a terrible idea :eek: my feet dodged the darts luckily.

15whtrd[QUOTED][OP] likes this.
  7. May 11, 2020 at 1:16 PM
    smslavin

smslavin Behind a lens...

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    Hudson Valley
    Vehicle:
    2016 Tundra CrewMax SR5
    Some stuff
    this is what i need but, it just seems to get further and further away. i feel like i'm paddling out on DOH day at black's and just stuck forever in the impact zone.

8. May 11, 2020 at 1:40 PM
    dittothat

dittothat New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    SD
    Vehicle:
    2016 MGM Platinum
    First day surfing at blacks (summertime); I’m about to pick up a wave and notice a guy coming down the line. Luckily I pulled back in time as he was wearing “blacks” attire and I got a fresh look ~ 3’ away. I haven’t been back since

smslavin[QUOTED] likes this.
  9. May 11, 2020 at 1:44 PM
    smslavin

smslavin Behind a lens...

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    Hudson Valley
    Vehicle:
    2016 Tundra CrewMax SR5
    Some stuff
    :rofl:

had a few of those sightings myself over the years...

dittothat[QUOTED] likes this.
  10. May 11, 2020 at 5:32 PM
    Northern

Northern New Member

Member:
    That's how we built metal ag buildings--three 2x nailed together and at the top, the truss sits on top of the middle one, then you trim off the outside tails sticking up above the top cord. When I redo our deck, it'll be 2x4s, one full height and the on on the outside cut to height where the 2x end joist will sit on. Can do three, full size in the middle and cut ones on the outside to carry 2 joists. Many places where this type of framing will work. Have fun w/it and mebbe you can make a little money with it down the road.

15whtrd[QUOTED][OP] likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top