1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Stop horn honking after battery change

Discussion in '1st Gen Tundras (2000-2006)' started by Cjann, Mar 7, 2020.

1. Mar 7, 2020 at 1:51 PM
    Cjann

Cjann [OP] New Member

Member:
    I put a new battery in my 2000 Tundra. Now the horn honks continually and will not start. I do not have a remote key.

I have searched the internet and tried a few things such as turning the key to the on position 5 times and pushing a red button to the left of steering column.

I would appreciate advice.

Thank you.

2. Mar 7, 2020 at 2:42 PM
    BubbaW

BubbaW Been Real

Member:
    First Name:
    Bubba
    Where Eagles Nest
    Vehicle:
    04 DC LTD 4X4 4.7 V8
    T150 Lover
    Did you mean stop instead of start or are you saying your truck don't start ?

Also, there is a fuse in the engine bay driver side junction block you could pull for your neighbors sake and then attempt to check the horn wiring for possible short to gnd if you have VOM.

3. Mar 7, 2020 at 3:23 PM
    Nick T

Nick T New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    What red button to the left of the steering column? Is it for an aftermarket alarm?
    Try 'unlocking' the driver side door with your key after hooking up the battery, since you do not have the remote this should turn off the factory alarm and allow the truck to start.
    If you have some sort of aftermarket alarm, per your red button comment...you may have to uninstall it completely

4. Mar 7, 2020 at 4:13 PM
    Cjann

Cjann [OP] New Member

Member:
    Thank you for all suggestions. Managed to get the horn stopped and engine started. After trying several things from the web such as unlocking the door rapidly five times... used the little red button by the steering column in a certain pattern. Worked like a charm. Think the button may be after market alarm as I purchased my Tundra used.

NewImprovedRon likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top