1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Starbucks delivering in 2015

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by T-Rex266, Nov 6, 2014.

1. Nov 6, 2014 at 5:08 PM
    T-Rex266

T-Rex266 [OP] Elon approved Staff Member

Member:
    Starbucks didn't change its jewelry policy because it's anti-love. It changed the rules because its employees will soon be handling more food than ever.
    In the last week, outrage erupted over a new company policy that bans workers from wearing engagement and wedding rings to work. Plain bands are okay under the revamped guidelines that now allow tattoos and black denim. But rings with stones -- as well as any watches, bracelets and wristbands -- are out.
    The coffee giant says there's a logical reason for the change: it's seriously stepping up its focus on food. Indeed, if the coffee chain wants to achieve its goal of doubling its food business in the next five years, it needs to play by the rules.
    "It's all about bringing people under compliance on local and state regulations," says a Starbucks spokesperson. "We're handling much more food now in stores."
    Related: Starbucks Is Preparing for Delivery in 2015
    While the spokesperson was unable to confirm if regulations differed for coffee shops and more food-centric locations such as cafes or restaurants, he did say that his understanding was that the change was affected by state and local guidelines for handling food specifically.
    The FDA's Food Code's take on the issue seems to fall in line with Starbucks' new dress code. "Except for a plain ring such as a wedding band, while preparing food, food employees may not wear jewelry including medical information jewelry on their arms and hands," reads the document.
    Sorry, baristas – there's a real reason your boss is asking you to leave the ring at home.
    Related: Starbucks Baristas Get a Pay Raise and Permission to Show Off Tattoos

2. Nov 6, 2014 at 10:52 PM
    TruckyTruck

TruckyTruck Dumbest Username

Member:
    First Name:
    Gary
    Texas
    When they raised the price of a venti plain black coffee from 240 to 250 a cup, they lost my business. 240 a day already made me think I could just brew it at home And not be lazy, but I just couldn't stand paying another dime. Now I buy organic coffee, no pesticides, for 10 bucks a bag and it lasts me a while.

3. Nov 7, 2014 at 7:07 PM
    csuviper

csuviper Moderator Staff Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Broomfield, CO
    Vehicle:
    2019 TRD Sport CM 5.7L 4X4
    Some Mods :) See build thread for details
    Under $1 per cup for Kiureg cups

Relentless and TruckyTruck like this.