1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Spindle ring exposed ..problem?

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by Spvrtan, Jun 10, 2016.

1. Jun 10, 2016 at 12:55 AM
    Spvrtan

Spvrtan [OP] Amateur fabricator

Member:
    First Name:
    Kris
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    Black '14 CM SR5 w/ SC; 40s on 17s; 5.29s
    I just swapped out a bent spindle today and drove the truck around the block to make sure it drove fine. I'm getting an alignment tomorrow morning.

I noticed a problem towards the end of my install as I was bolting together the last few parts: the ring inside the spindle is showing.

As I tightened the axle nut it pulled the axle closer to the spindle and more flush with the ring but the top area looks like the attached pictures (see the yellow highlighted areas on the silver lip of the ring).

Is it okay that it's slightly exposed like this? The passenger side is perhaps 1-2mm more flush and overlaps the lip of the ring so you can't see any silver. Is the axle to ring contact area even a 100% seal? I thought the lip of the ring was more of a dust shield for the inner greased up part of it where the axle actually contacts when rotating.

The ring was flush on the edges all around inside the spindle before installing it.

20160609_180727.jpg
    20160609_192406.jpg
    20160609_192354.jpg

Products Discussed in

To Top