1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Somewhat of a rant...

Discussion in 'General Tundra Discussion' started by sonns904, Feb 11, 2015.

1. Feb 11, 2015 at 7:34 PM
    sonns904

sonns904 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Orlando fl
    Vehicle:
    2011 white crewmax
    ok, as some of you know, I am a new member to the forum. I just purchased a 2011 CM limited. I searched this dealerships website for tundras and found one that was located in Miami that I liked. The dealership offered to ship any vehicle for free as long as it was within state lines. The truck shows up a few days later and I decide to go up there to do a test drive. The truck was ready for test drive yet but the salesman still let me take a look at it and hop in it. There where a few things I wanted to make sure we're in working order. Locks, windows, key fob, headlights, etc. well when I checked for the rear view signal, it didn't work. I told the sales guy that it didn't work and he said that it wasn't a problem and could get fixed upon purchase.I purchased the truck from the dealer at their "no haggle" pricing. I got the truck for $26,900 with what was believed to be 62k on the dash. I left the lot with my new truck and went to work. After I got off of work I hopped back in, turned on the lights and the dash showed 38,900 miles!!!!!! I said to myself , "Oh sh!t", turns out EVERYBODY working for the dealership didn't notice that the 62k was in Km and not Miles and the only who noticed was the guy who prepped the truck for me to drive off with it. He didn't bother to tell anyone about it either. Turns out, the vehicle was priced for 62k miles instead of 38 and that the truck should've been priced around 32k and I lucked out!!!!! But now I went back so that they could fix my rearview, and come to find out, it was an aftermarket install now I know I'm becoming a pain in this dealerships ass....I already got EM for 5k, should I request them to do it all OEM, or just leave them be??

2. Feb 11, 2015 at 7:56 PM
    grundletaint

grundletaint New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2012 MGM platinum crewmax
    They said they'd fix it...make them fix it.

3. Feb 11, 2015 at 9:27 PM
    bobeast

bobeast really old member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Hollister, CA
    Vehicle:
    2008 DC
    - Bull Bar - LED Bunny Burners - AMP retractable running boards - Headlight leveling retrofit - P3 Brake Controller - 60% rear seat delete - relocation of Sub to rear wall - Bilstein 5100 x4, top setting with 2 shims per side - Coach builder +2 rear shackles w/carrier bearing drop - Firestone Air bags - on-board compressor with auto-leveling - Dual Undercover Swing Boxes. - P285/65/R20 (34.6") BFG TA KO2's - TRD Front skid plate - Pop & Lock Tailgate lock - Remote Tailgate mod - LED Headlights - Nav Bypass - iPhone integration - Serius/XM retrofit - 25% front tint - Bizon electric tonneau cover - Power folding tow mirror upgrade - 2010+ leveling Headlight mod - Auto-fold mirror mod. - one-touch lane changer mod - Flash to open garage opener mod - Rigid H/L fog light upgrade - Pushbutton / Remote start mod.
    Make a deposit in the Bank of Karma. walk away.

Relentless likes this.
  4. Feb 11, 2015 at 10:01 PM
    csuviper

csuviper Moderator Staff Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Broomfield, CO
    Vehicle:
    2019 TRD Sport CM 5.7L 4X4
    Some Mods :) See build thread for details
    You got an awesome deal. Good job man. For all you know they dont know that they screwed up, except for the one tech. I would't worry about that anyway.
    You brought up the problem when you bought the truck so yes they should fix it.
    If this was a Toyota dealer then you should have received a certified warranty that is better than the new trucks. This would cover the rear view mirror and only OEM would be allowed as a replacement.
    If it was not a Toyota dealer then you may not have warranty and they may not have to provide OEM, but they should fix or replace regardless.

5. Feb 12, 2015 at 2:55 AM
    Wisconsin Bill

Wisconsin Bill New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Vehicle:
    07 Tundra Dbl TRD
    in the plans!!!
    They're responsible for fixing it, let them and walk away. Oh, it probably wouldn't hurt to pay it forward....karma's a funny thing ;)

6. Feb 12, 2015 at 3:25 AM
    sonns904

sonns904 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Orlando fl
    Vehicle:
    2011 white crewmax
    I think I've been paid forward. I was honest and let them know about it. I appreciate everything thats happened to me.

Wisconsin Bill and chphilo like this.
  7. Feb 12, 2015 at 4:19 AM
    scratchex

scratchex New Member

Member:
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tundra Limited
    3" lift TRD Exhaust 20" Fuel Lethal Wheels Toyo AT Tires Black Flares w/ spikes
    Congrats on your purchase! Definitely have them fix it even if you have to haggle them because it should be covered by your warranty.

8. Feb 12, 2015 at 5:56 AM
    chphilo

chphilo Tundra addict

Member:
    Western PA
    Vehicle:
    2010 Toyota Tundra TRD 5.7 4x4 CM
    Cool story, bro. Cool to be honest and still reap the benefit, haha. Actually, if I were the dealer, I would not make you pay for my mistake. I would definitely lose a lot more on PR.

sonns904[QUOTED][OP] likes this.
  9. Feb 12, 2015 at 6:47 AM
    T-Rex266

T-Rex266 Elon approved Staff Member

Member:
    The sales person advised he would get it fixed upon purchase so he needs to follow through on that.

10. Feb 14, 2015 at 5:12 PM
    mdavis

mdavis I need a beer.

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    Rock Hill, SC
    My concern would be the carfax report. If they posted the truck had 62K miles on it and it really only had 38k, the next time it was taken in for service and they report the lower mileage it would look like you rolled the miles back. That will be a big red flag when it comes time for you to get rid of it. I would definitely get that cleared up.

TRDPRO1 and Wisconsin Bill like this.
  11. Feb 14, 2015 at 6:47 PM
    George14

George14 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    George
    West Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2014 Tundra SR5 Dc TRD Off Road 5.7L with tow package
    None
    I agree with mdavis

12. Feb 20, 2015 at 1:47 PM
    MotoTundra

MotoTundra The Ocho

Member:
    First Name:
    Don
    -TRS Mini D2S Retrofit on TRD Pro Headlights (Apollo 2.0 Shrouds, 35w XB Ballasts, 5500k Bulbs) -Baja Designs Squadron R Sport Aux lights. -TRD Pro Grill -TRD Rear Sway Bar -BakFlip VP Tonneau w/BakBox -Dipped wheels & bumpers -Iron Cross HD steps -Undercover Swingcase -SunTek Paint Protection film -Tinted glass -Bedmat -OEM Towing Mirrors
    Any updates?

You may have a poor electrical connection near the bumper.

I would disconnect the camera wire harness under the truck near the back bumper, spray both ends with electrical parts cleaner, clean with a soft brush if necessary, then put dielectric grease on both sides and plug it back together. See if that fixes it. It will probably take less time than taking it to the dealer. If that doesn't solve it see what the dealer can do. They said they would fix it, they should.

Often times guys don't put dielectric grease on the harnesses prior to installing aftermarket electronics. A friend of mine had the same issue.

Keep us updated, good luck!

T-Rex266 likes this.
  13. Feb 22, 2015 at 5:35 AM
    sonns904

sonns904 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Orlando fl
    Vehicle:
    2011 white crewmax
    Turns out the rear view doesn't have an LCD in it. So it was a failed attempt I assume. Either way, they are replacing everything to look and function like OEM at no extra cost!!! And the mileage issue has been fixed!

T-Rex266 and MotoTundra like this.
  14. Feb 22, 2015 at 5:36 AM
    sonns904

sonns904 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Orlando fl
    Vehicle:
    2011 white crewmax
    After I removed cover

Attached Files:

15. Mar 7, 2015 at 9:18 PM
    csuviper

csuviper Moderator Staff Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Broomfield, CO
    Vehicle:
    2019 TRD Sport CM 5.7L 4X4
    Some Mods :) See build thread for details
    Lol yep aftermarket attempt at rear camera. How was the mileage fixed?

16. Mar 10, 2015 at 10:29 PM
    sonns904

sonns904 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Orlando fl
    Vehicle:
    2011 white crewmax
    I just resigned all the paperwork with the correct mileage. Everything turned out fine. I have the factory rearview with garage, compass and auto dimming if anyone is interested.

17. Mar 11, 2015 at 5:30 AM
    T-Rex266

T-Rex266 Elon approved Staff Member

Member:
    Toss it up in the marketplace and maybe you'll have some luck.

Products Discussed in

To Top