1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Some Assbag Stole My Hitch

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Backslider, Jan 2, 2017.

1. Jan 2, 2017 at 10:06 PM
    Tacogrande

Tacogrande New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    Vehicle:
    2016 SR5 dbl. cab long bed gray
    Husky weatherbeaters,short antenna,window deflectors
    Sorry to hear about the crap Backslider. Life is hard enough as it is then there are people who are dicks for no reason. When i still had my Tacoma and had it parked in the backyard (thought i was going to keep it), some dick threw a rock at it from the alley and put a nice big dent in the side.

Backslider[OP] likes this.
  2. Jan 2, 2017 at 10:12 PM
    Backslider

Backslider [OP] Thirsty...

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Tooele, UT
    Vehicle:
    2022 GMC Sierra AT4 L5P - 2017 4runner SR5P - 2023 Tesla Model 3 LR
    I honestly think that both your case and mine was just some asshole who thought "well that's nice, I need to screw with it."

3. Jan 2, 2017 at 10:14 PM
    Backslider

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Tooele, UT
    Vehicle:
    If your kids aren't young or if they are and it's not winter..

Housing is limited out here where I live, it's fairly rural. I didn't want to move to the city for what was supposed to be a short stint, because I didn't want to have my kids shuffled around at different schools. SLC is about 40 miles away so commuting to get the kids to school wasn't an option. Same reason we didn't stay with the in-laws, who have a very nice house in a very nice area. Pretty sure none of my shit would have been stolen there. =(

ColoradoTJ[QUOTED] likes this.
  4. Jan 2, 2017 at 11:22 PM
    Law323

Law323 it’s only weird if you make it weird

Member:
    First Name:
    Law
    Baton Rouge, La
    Vehicle:
    2012 4.6 L MGM DC
    Toytec BOSS suspension lift @ 3" (front) Toytec BOSS remote resi's (back) 1" Toytec block (rear) 275/70r18 Toyo AT2 Info system mod 3D MAXpider Kagu floor mats LED interior lights 50% ceramic tint front windows 35% ceramic tint windshield brow Bed mounted YETI bottle opener Paracord wrapped oh Sh!t bars 3" stubby antennae TRD sway bar Upcoming: LED backup lights OEM Backup camera Iron Cross Patriot step bars Trifold or roll up tonneau cover
    Man, not just the living situation, the redneck, or the hitch would put me over the top, it would be the management failing to stay on top of things that would!!

It's crap like that that makes you just want to get even or make it to the point where they would know better than to cross you again. Sadly, kids, your family's safety, and possibly legal action (that may indirectly affect your family) makes it to where you think twice. Frustrating to say the least!

Hope you're out of there sooner than later brother!!

5. Jan 3, 2017 at 1:59 AM
    FlashCulprit

FlashCulprit ColoradoTJ's whipping boy/Gino's illegitimate son.

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Vehicle:
    2010 Super White SR5 TRD 5.7 4x4
    Man, I've been driving around SLC for a combined 8 years with no thefts or anything. However, last time I was in tooele (actually erda... but hell close enough) I had someone break my tail lights (It sucked but it gave me an excuse to buy some aftermarkets).

For whatever it's worth man, I might have an extra hitch laying around the garage i'd be happy to give to you. Otherwise, I still owe you and the other Tooelite a beer and a burger!

ColoradoTJ and Law323 like this.
  6. Jan 3, 2017 at 2:08 AM
    chphilo

chphilo Tundra addict

Member:
    Western PA
    Vehicle:
    2010 Toyota Tundra TRD 5.7 4x4 CM
    It seems that the management is a law suit waiting to happen. If they knowingly hired someone who is like that (giving him another chance) and someone gets injured or someone's property gets damaged because of negligence/vindictiveness of this person they knowingly hired, the management should be held legally liable.

Law323, T-Rex266 and HWU like this.
  7. Jan 3, 2017 at 2:39 AM
    Motor71

Motor71 teufel hunden

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    New Jersey
    Vehicle:
    2016 tundra platinum
    TRD sway bar, matching mirror cover, 20% tint, esp aluminum box, Line-X premium, Undercover Flex tonneau cover, led interior lights, winjet smoked tail lights. Road armor rear bumper w/ road armor shackles, go rhino front bumper.
    So tell us how you really feel....

8. Jan 3, 2017 at 4:48 AM
    HWU

HWU We like white!

Member:
    N.W. Ohio
    Vehicle:
    2003 White Tundra SR5
    I like that side! Lol! I'm known as Mr. Wilson around the neighborhood, I love that "label". And when things happen....where do all the neighbors go...yep...knocking on the door because they know "I will do something" about anything that's "wrong" in our area. You do your best to get along with all the neighbors...but.... There's always that "1" asshole who does not fit in. So...they have to be "removed"!

thumper7799[QUOTED] likes this.
  9. Jan 3, 2017 at 5:31 AM
    Black Wolf

Black Wolf Bigfoot Hunter, Sasquatch too, but not Yeti

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Aurora CO
    Vehicle:
    2022 Nissan Frontier SV 4X4
    TuwaPro rack, Z1 Offroad stuff, NISMO suspension stuff, FlowmasterFX Extreme exhaust, AIS, OVS, J&L can, other goodies on the way
    Apartment life sucks for sure. Last apt complex I lived in (9 years ago thank God) I'd dig out my vehicle from the snow and clear a decent place to park. Bullshit neighbors would move their car to the spot I cleared out because they were too f'ing lazy to do it themselves. A huge pet peeve for me. I hate lazy assholes. :infantry::censored:

Last edited: Jan 4, 2017
    831Tun, HWU, driverdog and 4 others like this.
  10. Jan 3, 2017 at 5:47 AM
    mdavis

mdavis I need a beer.

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    Rock Hill, SC
    Sorry to hear about this Mike. I didn't have too many problems living in the apartment other than the constant stomping above me, doors slamming constantly, people talking outside my door, cramped space and constantly worrying about my truck getting door dings. Hell, it sucked! Hang in there man, you only have a few more weeks.

@ColoradoTJ word of advice, DON'T DO IT. If you build, do not move into an apartment. Moving into an apartment while building this house was probably one the worst decisions I have ever made. You think "its only for a couple months" but it is the longest couple months of your life. I ended up staying at the apartment for 9 months due to the same problems backslider had, permit issues. Moved in to the apartment April 1 and we dug footers July 21. Way behind schedule! I am lucky the builder finished mine in 5 months though.

11. Jan 3, 2017 at 6:25 AM
    BlueFalconActual

BlueFalconActual Field Day Inspector Extraordinaire

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    29 Palms, CA
    Vehicle:
    Tundra-less
    Apartments are the worst. I had to live in one when I lived 3 years in Japan. I will fight tooth an nail never to go back to Japan for that reason alone. Just like you said, zero outlet to do stuff. At least I didn't have to worry about crime at all.

thumper7799, MotoTundra and mdavis like this.
  12. Jan 3, 2017 at 8:37 AM
    Backslider

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Tooele, UT
    Vehicle:
    I've been in Tooele for some time and this is the first issue I've had. Before I lived here I lived in Millcreek and had packages stolen off my porch ALL THE TIME. It was a nicer part of Millcreek too, which is relatively all nice. =\

It's all just timing and luck I guess. I already ordered a new hitch and lock, but I appreciate the offer.

13. Jan 3, 2017 at 9:30 AM
    Lowcountrytj

Lowcountrytj Buford T. Justice

Member:
    First Name:
    Phillip
    SE GA
    Vehicle:
    2008 Tundra DC, SC
    I hope he installs it and hits his shin on it every time he walks by it!

14. Jan 7, 2017 at 8:19 AM
    FumundaTundra

FumundaTundra Director of civil unrest

Member:
    First Name:
    Wayne
    Central WA.
    Vehicle:
    2009 5.7 Tundra Double cab
    Many to come.
    I never leave my stinger in the receiver. This is why. And I hate hitting my shin on it too.

Backslider[OP] and Lowcountrytj like this.

Products Discussed in

To Top