1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Sold For sale MGM hood bulge read description

Discussion in '2.5 Gen Tundra Parts Marketplace (2014-2021)' started by mgm16trdpro, Feb 10, 2019.

1. Feb 10, 2019 at 10:49 PM
    mgm16trdpro

mgm16trdpro [OP] Certified Modoholic

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 mgm trd pro crewmax
    Ici magnum side steps in linex, factory spray in bed liner, remote start,afe pro dry filter, dap tune,sso slimline hybrid OEM bumper with baja designs 30" s8 driving combo,warn platinum xeon winch, baha designs squadron sport fogs in amber wide cornering with fog pocket kit, gtr headlight LEDs, 295/70r18 nitro ridge grapplers, g2 painted red calipers, 1.25 spidertrax spacers, bed slide pro 1000 se and 5 bin package, diamondback HD bed cover with ATV package and black package, 2 auto access led strips in bed, husky full coverage exact contour mats with custom logos, V led leds interior lights, tuffskinz mid console/&rear cupholder package, mid console tray and organizer, 2 JL 10s in custom sub box, 4 Hertz door speakers,2 hertz tweeters, other audio upgrades, tinted front windows, weathertech in channel rain guards, artic coating, reverse tail light section and third brake tint, ami big stick antenna, 2 CB shims +3 shackle, cb steer kit, Trd dual exhaust, trd skid plate, vled footwell kits front and back, factor 55 winch fairlead and prolink, gen y torsion hitch, bushwacker color matched fender flares with black powder coated rivets, trd rear sway bar, covercraft cargo bar and cargo net, recovery gear, custom shifter and middle console.I'm sure other things I'm forgetting too
    Since I like the members here of this site the most, I figured I'd post it here for a few days and give a fellow member the chance to get it before I post it anywhere else. I expect it to sell quickly here, but if for some reason it doesn't, I will then continue to post it for sale to the other sites I belong.

I try to be very fair anytime I sell anything and never screw anyone over. Therefore, if you're interested respond in this post 1st that you are, then either continue to respond here or send me a PM to work out the details. But make sure you 1st respond here to avoid any confusion. I've noticed the hood bulges for sale never last long so I will go by whoever responds in this post 1st, will have 1st chance to buy.

I'm selling my original 2016 MGM hood bulge that came on my truck for $100 plus the ride if not local. Willing to accept PayPal. Besides normal wear and 1 scratch it's in pretty good condition. All tabs are in perfect condition since this is the only time I've ever removed it and was very careful to keep in perfect condition. This is a great deal especially for someone with a chrome bulge looking to go with color matched for about half the price of new.

Put it this way, I'm OCD and for over a year, despite the scratch caused by my sons trampoline blowing onto it, very early into my ownership, I haven't felt the need to replace it. Only reason I'm even replacing it is because I got a replacement bulge for free, otherwise it would still be on my truck. You wont even notice the scratch from far. I only ever noticed close up, from above, standing over it and with the sun hitting it just right. Even that was only because I was fully aware of it and my OCD eyes couldn't help but look for it. So if you can live with the scratch I go out of my way to show in the pics below it's a good deal for someone.

Here it is on my truck. As you can tell in pic, it is not something most people would even notice unless they are looking for it. Most of the time you wont even know it's there. But I'm a trusted seller and well liked member of the site and want to keep it that way so I'm giving full disclosure.
    20180927_161241.jpg
    Here's pics when I removed it. Since then I've cleaned it up real nice and packaged it away in the box my OEM replacement came in.

The scratch in case you dont see it is on the top upper right of the bulge. It's about half way between the middle and the right end. The box and the packaging it will come in is in the pic below it.
    20190210_152025.jpg

Just in case you didn't see the scratch in the posted pics above and can't find it in any of the other million pics I've posted of my truck on this site. Like I said before, it's not something that is really going to jump out at you in my honest opinion. Here's a closeup about as close as I can get to it. I'm purposely in the pic below making sure you are aware of it, that you can actually see it and are willing to live with it.
    20190210_152033.jpg

Here it is holding it up in front of the truck so you can see the color, the scratch, ect. There's a million pics of my truck on this site, you don't have to look far and hard to find. I love my truck and take exceptional care of it. It won't be hard at all to find pics of it since I can't help myself from always taking them. Just about literally every single pic I've posted on this site has my original hood bulge with the scratch in it, the bulge I'm selling right here. With everyone who's ever seen my truck, not once has anyone said oh man what happened there? Nobody has ever mentioned or talked about it with me unless I was the one to point it out to them, only then did I ever get a what happened?
    20190210_152102.jpg

Any questions don't hesitate. When I looked at purchasing a new bulge I want to say it was about $180 something, plus about $40 something for shipping. For the condition of mine with the scratch I feel $100 plus the ride if needed is more than fair. Any rock chips and the scratch have already been touched up with touch up paint. The bulge was also Artic Coated. So you will notice after a wash you won't even need to dry it. The water will just bead up and fall right off. Dirt and bugs will easily just rinse off. You will notice how much easier it is to clean the hood bulge than it is the rest of your truck if you dont have a coating yet. Just like any other coating, it is removable if u decided you wanted to touch up any other area of if you felt you could touch up the scratch any better with your own touch up paint and skills. Otherwise, remove 3 screws, pop out yours, and pop this in. I'm pretty confident that you will find it in the condition that you will just want to put it on and enjoy the benefits of the coating. After you notice how much longer it stays clean and how much easier it is to clean when needed, who knows, you might just find yourself wanting to coat the rest of your truck. I know I love it.

SullyMoto19 likes this.
  2. Feb 11, 2019 at 1:55 AM
    040Tundra

040Tundra Teddy 2013-2019

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Las Vegas, NV
    Vehicle:
    040 '16 CM LTD 4x4
    A little of this and a little of that.
    Great price for the lucky person looking to do chrome delete, or justs needs a new bulge. :D GLWS!

mgm16trdpro[OP] likes this.
  3. Feb 11, 2019 at 8:01 AM
    SullyMoto19

SullyMoto19 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tyler
    Houston, Texas
    Vehicle:
    2017 Magnetic Gray SR5 5.7 4X4
    8" ReadyLift w/ ReadyLift and Bilstein Adjustable Coilovers w/ Reservoirs, 3" PA Body Lift, Fox 2.0 Shocks, 24x14 RBP Atomics (custom powdercoat Gloss Black), 40x15.5r24 RBP Repulsor, Relentless Fabrication Stealth bumper, N-Fab side steps, Bedlined/Paintmatched Honeycomb Grill, 2019 LED Headlights, 4 Backlit RBG Cubes, 16 RGB PlashLight Rocklights, 5% Tint & Brow, 2 10" Kicker CVT Subs with Kicker Amp in custom sealed box, Husky all weather floor mats, LED White interior bulbs
    me please!!! ill PM

mgm16trdpro[OP] likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top