1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Snug Top Hi-Liner

Discussion in 'Tonneau Covers, Caps and Shells' started by jeremyv, May 22, 2018.

1. May 22, 2018 at 5:37 PM
    jeremyv

jeremyv [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    Just upgraded to a 2018 Tundra SR5 Double cab and trying to decide upon a new shell. Looking to see if anyone has a Snug Top Hi-Liner or Hi-Liner sport on a Tundra and would be willing to grab some measurements. I have contacted 2 dealers and Snugtop and gotten 3 different measurements on overall height. I want to be able to park in my garage and have an 82" opening I need to get under. If someone could measure to the top of your bed rail then an overall height it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Jeremy

MTRock likes this.
  2. May 22, 2018 at 7:28 PM
    Jrfor0

Jrfor0 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    Colorado
    I've got a Snug Top Sport Hi-Liner for my 2015 Tundra. With a piece of wood across the top to find the center high point I measure about 48 7/8" high off tailgate when it is down. This takes into account the factory Yakima rails I got from Snug Top, which added about 1/4" to the height above. I measured from the high point on the tailgate in the picture attached. I have aftermarket leaf springs and shackles so overall height of my topper measured from the ground may not be the same as your truck, so I didn't collect those measurements. The stock suspension will sag a tiny bit with the weight of the topper.
    Edit: the above measurement factors in the width of the wood on top of the topper.

tailgate 2.jpg
    tailgate.jpg

Fyshhead likes this.
  3. May 23, 2018 at 7:36 AM
    jeremyv

jeremyv [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    Thanks for the quick reply. Looks like it will fit in the garage with not much to spare.

4. Jun 30, 2021 at 5:14 PM
    Fyshhead

Fyshhead New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Folsom
    Vehicle:
    2021 Tundra Limited MGM TRD Off Road DC
    Vehicle Modifications:
    Do you happen to have some profile pictures of your truck with the snug top sport Hi liner? Looking to get one of these but having a hard time finding some good profile pictures.

5. Jun 30, 2021 at 7:21 PM
    Jrfor0

Jrfor0 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    Colorado
    I have since put a roof rack with Thule box and awning on the topper. The awning obscures the profile view on the passenger side. However, below is a view of the driver's side.
    profile view of truck.jpg

6. Jul 1, 2021 at 5:51 PM
    Fyshhead

Fyshhead New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Folsom
    Vehicle:
    2021 Tundra Limited MGM TRD Off Road DC
    Vehicle Modifications:
    That’s a great looking rig Jefor0! Digging that color. How does that skirt contour to the body, Is it tight or stick out quite a bit?

7. Jul 2, 2021 at 7:48 AM
    Jrfor0

Jrfor0 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    Colorado
    Thank you. The skirt around the base of the topper follows the bed contour very well, only has about 1/4" to 1/2" or so of clearance. I have gotten a little bit of rubbing over the last 5 years but it has also been on/off the truck a few times and I have also adjusted it a couple times as well. The hardware that attaches the topper to the bed is a little cheap, in my opinion, and I have had to replace it once due to it bending a little. In hindsight, I would have also gone with a much thicker aftermarket rubber gasket seal (in addition to the OEM topper seal) between the base of the topper and the truck bed. I get a little bit of water ingress when it is raining and high winds.

Fyshhead likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top