1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Smart Tech guys chime in on audio/ lighting question

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by SMK Shoe, Jan 17, 2018.

1. Jan 21, 2018 at 1:41 PM
    SMK Shoe

SMK Shoe [OP] Not New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    Central North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tundra TRD DC
    Step Bars, Rear Swaybar, 2,000 Watt Amp, 2-10" Subs, new door speakers, De-Badged, Hondo vent mounts, Calipers, 6112/5100 shocks, SPC UCA's, Front bumper, Bed Bars, bed rack, Fuel Rims
    Anyone have any info on a alpine HU that they have used. I like the alpine control box to be able to work 8 switches. But if I can't find a good HU that is worth installing, whats the use.

Berdine likes this.
  2. Feb 4, 2018 at 3:19 PM
    SMK Shoe

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    Central North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tundra TRD DC
    Step Bars, Rear Swaybar, 2,000 Watt Amp, 2-10" Subs, new door speakers, De-Badged, Hondo vent mounts, Calipers, 6112/5100 shocks, SPC UCA's, Front bumper, Bed Bars, bed rack, Fuel Rims
    Well, looks like I will be going with a Alpine ILX-207 and a KAC-001 Controller. Should be here from Crutchfield on Tuesday. Hopefully this weekend I can get wiring harnesses soldiered up and ensure I have everything for a clean install. Would like to have a 8 bank relay built with a distribution block and fuzes. That way everything is fuzed and all on relays.

3. Feb 16, 2018 at 3:23 PM
    SMK Shoe

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    Central North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tundra TRD DC
    Well had the head unit and control box installed Thursday. Close to 400$ but had to run some new RCA cables to get around the factory wiring. Took about 6 hours while I was at work but, DANG, it sounds good. They tuned my Amp and cleaned everything up. Sunday going to build a Relay panel to mount a fuze block, 8- 40 Amp relays and terminal blocks to wire up the lights. Will be able to control 8 switches from the touch screen. Just now have to find a good place to mount the relay panel.

Watt maker likes this.
  4. Feb 16, 2018 at 3:58 PM
    ZPMAN

ZPMAN 2nd place is the 1st looser

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Minnesota
    Vehicle:
    2016 Black Platinum Supercharged
    4" lift, 35s, Magnuson Supercharger
    Paul i did an under hood compressor and made up a good platform on top of the under-hood fuse box.

https://www.tundras.com/threads/compressor-install-3rd-gen.19422/#post-444391

5. Feb 18, 2018 at 6:20 AM
    SMK Shoe

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    Central North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tundra TRD DC
    Thanx, was planning on just a sheet of lexan and mounting to the fuze cover. But your mod changed my mind. Will take a few more days to assemble the parts and build everything, but your's was a extremely clean install. Not going to do something "Good Enough" for a FORD, to my Truck.

Products Discussed in

To Top