1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Skid plate bolts...and dealer RANT...

Discussion in '2.5 Gen Tundras (2014-2021)' started by Charliebrn, Apr 18, 2021.

1. Apr 18, 2021 at 6:08 PM
    Charliebrn

Charliebrn [OP] New Member

Member:
    NW Ohio
    Vehicle:
    2017 DC Limited 4x4 Tundra
    Tyger Folding Tonneau cover Polished stainless running boards LED interior lighting VLED Footwell Kit LED Bed lighting
    Ok, a small rant. My first oil change on my 2017. Previous owner had dealer do all the maintenance, and the records prove it. I went under the front of the truck today to do the oil/filter change and only 1 bolt holding the back center of the skid plate on. All the other bolts missing, including what look like should be 3 screws for the bumper facia.

It's just...like they don't give a damn. They wouldn't have done that with their OWN truck, ya know??? Generally, I've been happy with the dealer, they backed me when I needed it, but gees folks, have just a little pride in your work. They must figure that no customer is ever gonna look. All that stuff was just flapping around down there for at least the 4000 miles I put on her.

I'll probably just try to find replacement bolts (ALL of them, since the one in the back center is slightly stripped as well) online somewhere. Anybody have part numbers avail easy? LOL

Thanks for letting me vent...

2. Apr 18, 2021 at 6:18 PM
    4WDWalrus

4WDWalrus New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    The Silver Walrus
    TRD shift knob OEM Fender Flares Truxedo Pro X15
    This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
    Sumo91 likes this.
  3. Apr 18, 2021 at 7:01 PM
    Griff

Griff New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2018 Barcelona Red DC
    Topper, bedslide and more to come
    I had a drain plug dripping on my garage floor. Reached under and tightened it by hand. Got the wrench and snugged it some more....very carefully. Called dealer the next morning and told them they would be examining my oil pan to verify the plug was simply not tightened after their service....rather than over tightened and stripped. Got lucky. I do my own service work now.

4. Apr 18, 2021 at 7:05 PM
    wakeboarder

wakeboarder New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    13 Tundra
    I had the exact same rant about two years ago. Bought my ‘13 Tundra as a CPO from a dealer who did all the service. Only 3 total bolts were holding the skid plate. I found the missing ones on this website: https://www.toyotapartsdeal.com/

Specifically, part # 90119-A0169

TreeCat and IndianaGeologist like this.

Products Discussed in

To Top