1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Site Features and Navigation explained for the new member.

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by ColoradoTJ, May 16, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. May 16, 2019 at 7:37 PM
    ColoradoTJ

ColoradoTJ [OP] Certified tow LEO Staff Member

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    LML 3500HD
    Calibrated Power 5 Tune pack, Allison 1000 tune, PPE deep trans pan, Cold/Hot CAC pipes, Banks CAI, PCV reroute, resonator delete, S&B 62 gal fuel tank, B&W GN hitch
    Welcome to Tundras.com. This is just a brief description of the site features and navigation.

One of the most useful tools is the Search Function. You will find this in the upper right hand corner.

2019-05-16 18_53_12-Tundras.com _ Toyota Tundra Forum.jpg

If you want a more in depth search, select the more tab:

2019-05-16 18_52_28-Search _ Toyota Tundra Forum.jpg

In the event this still doesn't answer your question, select Google Search tab.

Sean also did a nice little write up on this function back in 2014. I used the search to find it. See if you can find it without the link.:thumbsup:

https://www.tundras.com/threads/how-to-search-this-forum.232/

Tundras.com News

This has three sections:

Chat with the Staff. Talk privately with the moderators. Your threads will only be visible to the moderators, and not to other members.

News and Announcements. This is self explanatory and has a lot of great information with what's going on with Tundras.com.

Site feedback. Have a suggestion or ways to improve the site, let us know.

Reporting

On occasion, things happen on Tundras.com that need attention ASAP. This is where the Reporting function is a great tool. Select the Report at the bottom of the post, and a pop up window will appear. Only Staff members are notified about the report.

2019-05-16 19_38_17-Nephew once again winning in the special Olympics. _ Toyota Tundra Forum.jpg

2019-05-16 19_26_30-Nephew once again winning in the special Olympics. _ Toyota Tundra Forum.jpg

Type in what you are reporting. This is good for:
    - Spam posts that get by the site filters. It happens.
    - Inappropriate content.
    - Buy Sell Trade rule violations.
    - Heated discussions that might get out of hand.

Please only report a post or thread once. This sends a notification to the Staff to look at.

Starting Conversations (Private message), Following, Unfollow, and Ignore

When you come across some members post and want to chat more about it, there's a few ways to go about doing this.

If the post is what you want to quote, select under the members name "start a conversation" and the content will be quoted in your PM to the member. For instance, maybe I was heading to Texas for work and wanted to see if Adam wanted to grab some BBQ sometime.

2019-05-16 20_05_10-New Tundra owner in CO _ Toyota Tundra Forum.jpg

Another way to contact this member would be to select his profile, "start a conversation." This will open a new window with no quoted content.

2019-05-16 20_19_29-(1) New Tundra owner in CO _ Toyota Tundra Forum.jpg
    On this face plate, you can see other options as well. I "follow" this member since Adam pretty much rocks. In the event I start not really liking his postings or isn't active anymore, I can "unfollow" Adam. The "ignore" feature would hide all content from this member from me. The only members that can not be ignored are Staff members.

Tagging

To tag a member that may not have see a posting or thread, just put the @ symbol in front of the members name like this @ARamirez73.

I hope this helps some navigate Tundras.com

j-utah, 1794ashby, MayLou22 and 18 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Products Discussed in

To Top