1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Side kick running lights

Discussion in '2nd Gen Tundras (2007-2013)' started by Punisher17, Nov 29, 2018.

1. Nov 29, 2018 at 10:12 AM
    Punisher17

Punisher17 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Found a cheap cool kit on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07BY9XWFF/ref=ox_sc_saved_image_1?smid=AI8A31CFKBZTU&psc=1

My first intention was to get additional curtesy lights for when I unlock my tundra the lights would provide lighting when getting my baby loaded up in the back seat. Looking around I found this kit which seems pretty cool. But I'm not really sure on how to install them..

I get that I'd have to run the wires to the headlights or taillights to get the connection for the blinker and parking light. Ground is straight forward. The problem that I can figure is the door assist wire. I assume I could run it to the small bulb wiring inside the cab for the footwell lights and tap into that?

Also the other question is if I didn't even want to have them for the parking and blinker lights I assume it would work just running the door assist wire to the footwell bulb and ground then I'd have what I wanted in the first place...?

Or maybe there is another kit that will just give me the courtesy light like I'm looking for.. although still haven't decided if I want these for the parking a blinker lights.. they are pretty cool though

831Tun likes this.
  2. Nov 29, 2018 at 10:18 AM
    831Tun

831Tun crazy Bastrd

Member:
    First Name:
    Warren
    Santa Cruz
    Vehicle:
    '16 CM limited
    TC LT w/ king 2.5 C/O and bypass, ADS bypass rear, Toytech shackles, TRD dual exhaust dumped, KM3 37s on Method standard +18. N_Fab front bumper, Westin rear w/ hitch relocate, RCI skids, Desert Eagle tranny skid, All Pro sliders, ARB dual compressor, 5.29 gears and ARB rear locker
    There's at least one thread about this. What a lot of us have done is tap the courtesy light circuit using a wire beneath the driver door sill.
    I bought something like these:
    https://www.amazon.com/CZC-AUTO-Wat...43515362&sr=8-3&keywords=license+plate+lights
    I bought 8 lights for +/- $10 and mounted them beneath the rocker panel. So, the kit you're looking at is really expensive if you're not going to use all the features

kingrosk and Punisher17 [OP] like this.
  3. Nov 29, 2018 at 10:23 AM
    Punisher17

Punisher17 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Looks like those lights are 15 dollars for 4 lights.. so that would be 5 dollars cheaper.. lol

Do you happen to have a picture of what wire you are describing? That would make life a lot easier!

The only reason I am hesitant about do the parking lights and blinker lights is because I live in California and everything is illegal and don't want to give any cop any extra reason to pull me over. On my rock crawler 4runner I had all I did was get pulled over and I'm over it lol.

4. Nov 29, 2018 at 10:35 AM
    831Tun

831Tun crazy Bastrd

Member:
    First Name:
    Warren
    Santa Cruz
    Vehicle:
    '16 CM limited
    TC LT w/ king 2.5 C/O and bypass, ADS bypass rear, Toytech shackles, TRD dual exhaust dumped, KM3 37s on Method standard +18. N_Fab front bumper, Westin rear w/ hitch relocate, RCI skids, Desert Eagle tranny skid, All Pro sliders, ARB dual compressor, 5.29 gears and ARB rear locker
To Top