1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Shine Supply

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by War Machine, Nov 6, 2018.

1. Nov 6, 2018 at 5:54 AM
    War Machine

War Machine [OP] Premium Elite Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Vehicle:
    2017 Black Crewmax SR5 Blaaaack
    I’ve been trying a few of their products lately, and I’m very impressed so far. They have some really good stuff, and excellent service.

https://shinesupply.com/

So far, I’ve tried the following:

Wise Guy Tire Cleaner: Excellent. Did a very good job of getting them clean. I highly recommend.

Punch It Detail Spray: Very interesting product. It feels more like a sealant/coating than it does a detail spray. It left a very reflective finish, and it feels like it will last a long time. It’s hard to describe, but it is a bit “grabby” on wipe off. It feels similar to a ceramic coating when buffing off. It almost feels like it’s leaving a hard coating behind. I’m going to try and leave it on for a while to see how it holds up. (You guys know how bad I am about constantly putting new stuff on my truck, but I’ll do my best.)

Micro-Clean microfiber wash: It worked very well, though hard to judge how much better it is than others, as I haven’t used many. It did the job it’s designed to do.

Clean n Shine interior cleaner: Just tested it a bit, but it looks to be a great product.

Solution (APC): Good all purpose cleaner. I haven’t used it a ton, but it does it’s job. Not sure yet if it’s better than APC’s that can be purchased at retail locations.

I have a few more items on the way, and will update when I use them.

Overall, I’m impressed with their offerings, and their service is great. Very responsive and fast shipping. I’ve gotten a thank you email from the owner every time I’ve placed an order. First for trying them out, and then thanking me for being a repeat customer. Jeremy seems to be very proud of his business, and expressed a desire to help or answer any questions I have.

The Punch It spray is on the expensive side. ($22.00 for 16 ounces.) It did take less than half a bottle to do my truck though. A gallon is $128.00. If it keeps the truck sealed for a long time, then it’s not too bad of a deal. It’s much cheaper than Reload, but I’m not sure it’s meant to be a stand alone sealant yet.
    I’d hesitate to buy the gallon unless it becomes a go to product. I certainly recommend trying a bottle though.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2018
    Trd307, JC303, Tundra4Pinay and 2 others like this.
  2. Nov 6, 2018 at 6:38 AM
    War Machine

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Vehicle:
    I want to add a disclaimer: When I say Punch It is on the expensive side, I mean as a detail spray. Compared to a sealant, it’s within range of the higher quality brands. $22.00 per bottle compared to $32.00 per bottle of Reload for example.
    I’ve sent an email to them asking if they recommend it as a stand alone sealant, and will update when they respond.

Tundra4Pinay and Pudge like this.
  3. Nov 7, 2018 at 12:09 PM
    War Machine

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Vehicle:
    Response on Punch It:

“Hey Jason,

You can definitely use it as stand alone protection. I simply classify it in the “detail spray” category because of its application method. The performance is what separates it from other detail sprays. If I were to call it a sealant or something else in that manner guys will have a tendency to have unreasonable expectations on the product.

I apply to my Silverado every other wash and it keeps it crazy slick and hydrophobic. You could easily include it into a service menu as an up-sell for a couple months of protection or a boost to the existing protection. “

So, I guess we can classify it as an enhanced detail spray?

Products Discussed in

To Top