1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Service History Records

Discussion in '2.5 Gen Tundras (2014-2021)' started by AZTundra, Jun 29, 2022.

1. Jun 29, 2022 at 3:16 PM
    AZTundra

AZTundra [OP] No Longer a New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    Phoenix, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2017 White Crewmax Limited 5.7 FFV
    Magnuson Supercharger, TRD Goodies (Pro Suspension, Pro Grille, Exhaust, CAI, Rear Sway Bar, Oil Cap). Weather Tech Floormats, BakFlip MX4, Spray In Bedliner, AMP Research Bed Extender and Bed Step, Side Steps, B&W Adjustable Drop Hitch, AJT Designs Battery Hold Down, SDHQ Sliders.
    Just curious if anyone knows the answer to this one...My truck has had all services performed by the dealership since new due to me having the 75K mile maintenance plan from Toyota. All of these service visits/records are available to see online through the Toyota owners website. My service advisor that I've been seeing this whole time has recently left and gone to a Lexus dealership down the street. He gave me a heads up that he was leaving in case I wanted to continue using him at the Lexus dealership. If I switch over will those service records from Lexus appear on my Toyota owners history online? I'm scheduled to see them on Saturday for my 80K mile service and just thought about it.

I'm thinking they wouldn't, but being that Toyota/Lexus are one in the same maybe?...

2. Jun 29, 2022 at 3:37 PM
    HaveFun

HaveFun Happy to be here

Member:
    Fair Oaks Ranch, Texas
    Vehicle:
    2019 Black Tundra CM SR5
    I don’t believe it will show. From what I’ve seen it pretty specifically says for service done by a Toyota dealer.

I do know they will show up on records like carfax but that probably doesn’t help you much, since you have to pay for those reports.

AZTundra[OP] likes this.
  3. Jun 29, 2022 at 3:40 PM
    AZTundra

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    Phoenix, AZ
    Vehicle:
    Magnuson Supercharger, TRD Goodies (Pro Suspension, Pro Grille, Exhaust, CAI, Rear Sway Bar, Oil Cap). Weather Tech Floormats, BakFlip MX4, Spray In Bedliner, AMP Research Bed Extender and Bed Step, Side Steps, B&W Adjustable Drop Hitch, AJT Designs Battery Hold Down, SDHQ Sliders.
    Yeah, I was afraid of that. It's not a big deal, but would be nice to have all service records available in one place. I could always just find another service advisor and stick with Toyota.

CoachRob likes this.
  4. Jun 29, 2022 at 4:00 PM
    HaveFun

HaveFun Happy to be here

Member:
    Fair Oaks Ranch, Texas
    Vehicle:
    2019 Black Tundra CM SR5
    I just logged into my account. You can add a service record for self reported or 3rd party. At least keeps it all in one place.

70EC9297-B7F1-46E0-A8C6-6EA9F63B9906.jpg

bulldog93 and AZTundra[OP] like this.
  5. Jun 29, 2022 at 4:43 PM
    AZTundra

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    Phoenix, AZ
    Vehicle:
    Nice. I didn't know that existed. :hattip:

6. Jun 29, 2022 at 4:58 PM
    Joe333x

Joe333x Member

Member:
    Boston
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tundra CrewMax Platinum
    Has anyone actually been asked for service records for some reason? I do all my own maintenance and used to keep all my receipts and records of previous vehicles and every time I traded in no one ever cared about if you had service records or not. I'm sure it could help in a private party sale though. I still keep track of my maintenance in a note on my phone just for my own knowledge though but I toss receipts now.

AZTundra[OP] likes this.
  7. Jun 29, 2022 at 5:06 PM
    AZTundra

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    Phoenix, AZ
    Vehicle:
    Never been asked for them either. I plan to keep this truck for a long time and feel it's just nice to have everything documented for myself. I'm sure when trading in a dealer wouldn't care about the records, but as you mentioned I'm sure selling privately it would be beneficial.

Joe333x[QUOTED] likes this.
  8. Jun 29, 2022 at 5:11 PM
    TundraMcGov.

TundraMcGov. Your friend. Your foe. Not yo Ho.

Member:
    First Name:
    Jofus
    Burpinham, Babalama
    Vehicle:
    2017 Super White DC 4X4 Tundra
    Nope. But I do all my own maintenance and have since 1985. I just keep my own hand written (paper) records.

AZTundra[OP] and Joe333x[QUOTED] like this.
  9. Jun 29, 2022 at 5:31 PM
    HaveFun

HaveFun Happy to be here

Member:
    Fair Oaks Ranch, Texas
    Vehicle:
    2019 Black Tundra CM SR5
    I haven’t. Just do it for my own sanity :)

AZTundra[OP] likes this.
  10. Sep 21, 2022 at 7:01 PM
    turn005

turn005 New Member

Member:
    A warning to anyone who uses the Toyota owners site to log self reported maintenance records. I logged into my account one day to find all of my entries were deleted. I contacted them and they were not able to restore any of them. The only ones that remained were dealer entries.

prevent likes this.
  11. Sep 21, 2022 at 7:39 PM
    AZTundra

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    Phoenix, AZ
    Vehicle:
    In follow-up to my original post I can confirm that the 80k service performed by Lexus did eventually feed into the Toyota owners site under the vehicle history without any intervention on my part.

12. Sep 21, 2022 at 10:22 PM
    TBS

TBS New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2021 SR5 CrewMax 4x4 Barcelona Red
    E50 extinguisher, Valhalla Plates, ESP Storage, Chrome Delete, Pwr Tailgate Lock,
    I keep all expenses in an app called aCar. I log gas, maintenance, & all Mod's. It allows me to know total cost of ownership at any time. I think it was purchased by Fuelly but I bought the pro version years ago so I can still use it.
    It has the features I like but think it is now a subscription based service if you are starting fresh.

13. Sep 21, 2022 at 10:28 PM
    AZEric

AZEric New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Vehicle:
    2010 Rock Warrior
    Bilstein 6112’s & 5160’s
    I worked at both Lexus and Toyota dealers. My memory is a bit fuzzy but I am pretty sure your advisor can see the Toyota history from his Lexus login. I just don't think he will be able to see detailed descriptions of what took place such as the technician's comments, part numbers and the like.

AZTundra[OP] likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top