1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Seized cam bolt on lower control arm!

Discussion in 'General Tundra Discussion' started by robie56, May 13, 2015.

1. May 13, 2015 at 1:27 PM
    robie56

robie56 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steven
    New Hampshire
    Vehicle:
    2011 white cm rock warrior
    mbrp exhaust, afe dropin filter, stubby antenna, Readylift leveling kit, ICI magnum RT sidesteps, weather techs front & rear
    I had my Readylift 3/1 kit installed yesterday, had an appointment to have my frontend aligned today. Truck was on the lift when 1 of the techs came out & asked me to come back and see a problem they were having with my 011 RW with 30,000 miles. He had a 2ft breakerbar and could'nt move the cam bolt on the lower control arm on the drivers side, which is how the camber is adjusted, passenger side no issues. So I came home with a truck still needing an alignment. I live in NH so there is salt a plenty on the roads here during the winter. Has anyone else had this problem with their Tundra?

2. May 13, 2015 at 1:40 PM
    Mike

Mike Tread lightly.

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    south carolina
    Vehicle:
    2003 tundra sr5 4x4 stepside....
    yep bank account is running low from it..
    my 03 was in ohio for 3 years before it moved down here south carolina. Last year i had to replace BOTH LCA do to salt getting in the cams and freezing them up. We tried to push the cams out with a press only to mushroom the LCA. All you can do man is replace the LCA unless you can press out the cams but not likely.

3. May 13, 2015 at 1:41 PM
    Wynnded

Wynnded What MPG...

Member:
    Rockies
    Vehicle:
    Souped up truck
    Magnuson Magnum TVS 2650 S/C Sniv's Speed Shop 70mm pulley RCF Throttle Body TRD PRO BBS Wheels TRD Front Sway Bar TRD Rear Sway Bar Fox TRD Pro Shocks Limited mirrors (auto darkening/backup camera/power fold/puddle lights) Limited Grill Mod Automatic Climate Controls Mod Automatic Headlamp Mod Sequoia Transfer Case Mod Sequoia Leather Steering Wheel Mod Sequoia Limited Gage Cluster Mod Sequoia LED Headlamp Upgrade Window Tint 15/70% Fake Manual Transmission Mod 10" BAMufflers Stainless Catback Valhalla Catalytic Converter Shields Engine Block Heater Illuminated Ignition Key Ring Mod Deck Rail System w/cleats Solid Offroad Engine Mounts
    Did with my Tacoma; I had to use a die grinder to carve them out. I bought new ones and replaced them myself, then had it aligned. I hope you don't have to do that, not one of my favorite memories.

4. May 14, 2015 at 12:18 PM
    robie56

robie56 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steven
    New Hampshire
    Vehicle:
    2011 white cm rock warrior
    mbrp exhaust, afe dropin filter, stubby antenna, Readylift leveling kit, ICI magnum RT sidesteps, weather techs front & rear
    Thanks guys for your input. I just got home from the dealership where I purchased my Tundra. And the service manager said the cambolt on the LCA should not have seized since the truck only had 30,000 miles on it and was getting its FIRST alignment. Said he would order parts including a new LCA, replace them and align my truck all under warranty, no charge, I wanted to kiss the guy, but I settled for a handshake. Now I hope there is no problem when they discover I have a 3/1 Readylift on it.

Wynnded and Black Wolf like this.
  5. May 14, 2015 at 12:26 PM
    Black Wolf

Black Wolf Bigfoot Hunter, Sasquatch too, but not Yeti

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Aurora CO
    Vehicle:
    2022 Nissan Frontier SV 4X4
    TuwaPro rack, Z1 Offroad stuff, NISMO suspension stuff, FlowmasterFX Extreme exhaust, AIS, OVS, J&L can, other goodies on the way
    I was wondering about Dealer + truck having lift kit. Tell them it was found seized during lift install. Pre-existing condition. Of course some dealers don't give rat's behind. Sound's like you have a good dealer.

6. May 14, 2015 at 8:57 PM
    T-Rex266

T-Rex266 Elon approved Staff Member

Member:
    That's a great Toyota dealer!

Black Wolf likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top