1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Secondary air injection pump AIP

Discussion in '2nd Gen Tundras (2007-2013)' started by tl1000crf250, May 3, 2014.

1. May 19, 2021 at 5:31 PM
    Ocala Tundra

Ocala Tundra New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    john
    Vehicle:
    07 Tundra 4x4 5.7
    On my 2007 Tundra with 195K miles, I had the AIP valve stick, went into limp mode, but got home. I replaced both valves (left the original housing in place for an easier repair) which were rusted to crap. I poked holes in the rubber pump housings to drain the water (which there was), cleared the code and all was well. Now a month or two later with only a few hundred more miles, I have the CEL on and a code P0418, "Secondary Air Injection System Relay A Malfunction". Runs fine, but my wife was driving when it went into limp mode last time and I do not want to repeat that day.

Did some homework... there doesn't actually seem to be a relay that I can find. I assume a bad pump? Looks like I can get the pair for just over $100 shipped. They both had water, one much worse. I just hate to replace the wrong part.

2. Sep 28, 2022 at 12:50 PM
    HewittTech01

HewittTech01 Dont Replace SAIS, Bypass It!

Member:
    Lexington, SC
    Vehicle:
    Secondary Air Injection System Bypass Kit
    There is a reason there is 6 pages of replies to this thread! The Secondary Air Injection System is a failure prone and inevitable on Tundras. We work with this issue everyday and happy to answer anyone questions about solutions. I have also included additional resources below and recent SAIS Threads.

What Does the Secondary Air Injection System Do?
    https://www.tundras.com/threads/what-does-the-secondary-air-injection-system-do.113683/

What Do My Secondary Air Injection Error Codes Mean?
    https://www.tundras.com/threads/what-do-my-secondary-air-injection-error-codes-mean.113686/

How to Fix Secondary Air Injection System?
    https://www.tundras.com/threads/how-do-you-fix-the-secondary-air-injection-system.113688/

8k3 and Filthyphil like this.
  3. Sep 28, 2022 at 5:50 PM
    Jeff_1974

Jeff_1974 Cookeville, TN

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Tennessee
    Vehicle:
    2010 supercharged rock warrior dc
    Supercharger Bama Exhaust Bully dog tune Bed extender Roll up Bed cover Bed carpet 18” Method wheels Falken wildpeak 285 75 18 P & P rock sliders Weather tech floor mats Sdhq pre runner bumper Warn 9.5 xp synthetic winch Icon 2.5” lift Iron cross rear bumper RCI al skids Trd brake pads Trd front sway bar Deaver u748 leaf springs Marathon seat covers
    Your product replaced my failed pump :benchpress:

Products Discussed in

To Top